BPCL Employees Working Without Pay Per Miami Herald

2 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

Crew members claim they are being used as forced labor.

You can read the article here.

Yes, the photo of the ship is incorrect. 

Seems like in addition to screwing the passengers out of refunds, they are now giving to the crew as well.

Here is another article from Jim Walker's website

Federal Maritime Commission should step in an do something.

Is this what you're referring to? The Maritime Labor Convention of 2006 provides the only international workplace protections for seafarers, but the U.S. is not one of the 97 signatories and therefore does not enforce its crew welfare rules.

News getting worse for this family owned line. Kevin Sheehan had enough experience with NCL to know better though. No response from the cruse line makes it even more shady. Hope the crew gets what is due to them.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article244768187.html

Edited by coaster
14 hours ago, eroller said:

I'm guessing BPCL's days are numbered.  I imagine they were operating on a shoestring budget to begin with.  

I agree.

It's a shame, as they have, or had a good product.

People on the BPCL Facebook page are stating that refunds will not be issued until November, but yet they still plan to sail in October.  (doubtful IMHO)

I guess they will use that revenue to pay off the others, but wait isn't that a "scheme" of some sort?

MSC is offering 3 and 4 day'ers, on the MSC Seaside out of Port Canaveral starting at &179.00pp FOR BALCONY CABINS. 

Yes, those prices are for late 2020 and early 2021, which we all know are iffy dates, but really, why sail with BPCL, the Celebration and Classica are not in the same league as the Seaside.

Since our November Caribbean Princess 4 day cruise was cancelled, we decided to give MSC a try.

At around $429.00 pp with a drink and internet package, for a upgraded balcony cabin, why not???

If it gets cancelled, which I believe it will, I can wait a few months for a refund to my credit card.

Also MSC will status match with other lines.

Good luck to BPCL, they have done some great Humanitarian work after the Hurricane, but people forget that and only remember that they haven't gotten their money back yet.

9 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

I agree.

People on the BPCL Facebook page are stating that refunds will not be issued until November, but yet they still plan to sail in October.  (doubtful IMHO)

I guess they will use that revenue to pay off the others, but wait isn't that a "scheme" of some sort?

MSC is offering 3 and 4 day'ers, on the MSC Seaside out of Port Canaveral starting at &179.00pp FOR BALCONY CABINS. 

Yes, those prices are for late 2020 and early 2021, which we all know are iffy dates, but really, why sail with BPCL, the Celebration and Classica are not in the same league as the Seaside.

Since our November Caribbean Princess 4 day cruise was cancelled, we decided to give MSC a try.

At around $429.00 pp with a drink and internet package, for a upgraded balcony cabin, why not???

If it gets cancelled, which I believe it will, I can wait a few months for a refund to my credit card.

Good luck to BPCL, they have done some great Humanitarian work after the Hurricane, but people forget that and only remember that they haven't gotten their money back yet.

See what I posted Cruise Fare to Nassau OUCH!

Since our November Caribbean Princess 4 day cruise was cancelled, we decided to give MSC a try

Based on my experience aboard MSC Meraviglia, I don't think you will be disappointed.  The "status match" is an additional incentive to cruise with MSC, in my opinion.  

13 hours ago, Fla Mike said:

I agree.

We've sailed MSC 4 times, very international passenger base. We have had a great time on all 4 cruises, you won't be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/7/2020 at 9:19 AM, howiefrommd said:

Although probably in the back of many peoples mind, first time floating bankruptcy.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article247014557.html

I noticed their website recently changed from https://bahamasparadisecruise.com/  to  https://bahamasparadisecruise.net/. Their website is now only reduced to the main homepage with a short message that they are looking to return to Grand Bahama island. 

bahamasparadisecruise.com
Expires On 2020-DEC-08
Registered On 2014-DEC-08

bahamasparadisecruise.net
Expires On 2021-OCT-29
Registered On 2020-OCT-29

Maybe it was going to cost too much to renew the domain...or they are not expecting to be around much longer.

Grand Celebration is already listed as to be scrapped.

2 hours ago, quattrohead said:

bahamasparadisecruise.com
Expires On 2020-DEC-08
Registered On 2014-DEC-08

bahamasparadisecruise.net
Expires On 2021-OCT-29
Registered On 2020-OCT-29

Maybe it was going to cost too much to renew the domain...or they are not expecting to be around much longer.

Grand Celebration is already listed as to be scrapped.

Where are you getting your information about the Grand Celebration going to the breakers?

5 hours ago, coaster said:

Unpaid crew have a $375,000 lien on Grand Celebration according to Miami Herald. Not surprised it is reported to be scrapped.

In today’s world $375,000 lien isn’t that much money to a large corporation.