Jump to content

Would you wear masks survey


janewe
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Your life; your choice.  Sadly the truth is that in our lifetime (those of us "up in years" especially) everything may never be fine.   The virus may be with us for the rest of our lives.  That is a real possibility.  I am a careful person as respects this virus, but once there is a reasonably effective vaccine and reasonably effective treatments, I will be on a ship, mask or no mask.   I won't take crazy risks, but I am willing to endure a certain amount of risk to be able to live my life to the fullest.  I've already lost one younger brother, and two others (also younger) have had quadruple by-pass and a serious stroke respectively.  Who knows how many healthy years I have left (hopefully many!!).  I am not disrespecting people who feel differently,  just looking at it a different way.

Whatever our reasons are, we all have different comfort levels. If there is a successful vaccine and masks are not necessary, we will cruise. If there is a successful vaccine and we feel cruising is not safe enough for us, we will find other forms of travel. Now, we are also concerned about airplanes. So, until we feel it is safe to fly, we won't be going very far! We have done a lot of travelling in our life and we hope to do some more, but if it's not meant to be, we will have to entertain ourselves at home. As long as we stay well, things will work out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not cruising if masks are mandatory.  That's just not my idea of a vacation.  I'm fine with a rapid test for pre boarding. But I'm on the ship to get my party on. Hang with friends, drink, dance and get silly.  I think if mask are mandatory cruise ships will be more like floating old folks homes.  And judging from the youtube videos of the first few cruises that's not far from the truth.  I'm not cancelling my 2 bookings for next year yet but if mandatory masks are a thing I will do land vacations instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/6/2020 at 12:56 PM, Pinboy said:

Absolutely-- I don't want to be bothered with testing every day or two ---  I can " picture " long lines, pushing and shoving, verbal conflicts, and some idiots not conforming to the policies.

Also, the overall cruise experience ( social distancing,  buffet , elevators , passengers acting as mini police , being served in Specialty restaurants by someone wearing a mask , ) doesn't seem like fun , and , to spend $1000's for that isn't worth it--- to us.

We will wait to hear from folks that cruise before booking again.

I nominate Pinboy to be the first testing/vaccine Sheriff aboard X!

 

As compensation, he will receive a complimentary balcony cabin or unlimited Specialty Dining!

 

Can I get a 2nd??? LOL

 

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TFLG said:

I'm not cruising if masks are mandatory.  That's just not my idea of a vacation.  I'm fine with a rapid test for pre boarding. But I'm on the ship to get my party on. Hang with friends, drink, dance and get silly.  I think if mask are mandatory cruise ships will be more like floating old folks homes.  And judging from the youtube videos of the first few cruises that's not far from the truth.  I'm not cancelling my 2 bookings for next year yet but if mandatory masks are a thing I will do land vacations instead.

This is definitely a very common position here.  There is truly no right or wrong answer.   I am actually on your side of the fence. I will not cruise if I have to wear a mask.   It is simple really.  Individual choice.  It is our money and our vacation choice.  Not sure why these mask posts and threads proliferate.  

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I nominate Pinboy to be the first testing/vaccine Sheriff aboard X!

 

Can I get a 2nd??? LOL

 

bon voyage

Thank you--- However, my qualifications would never be accepted by Celebrity :

Never had a verbal dispute on any of our cruises although I did see a few --- Now , I'm thinking of the buffet , the pool chair hogs, the Persian Garden snorers,  and a few ( not many ) obnoxious loud mouths in Specialty restaurants. 

You are extremely observant and are able to " read people " by their posts , but, nominating Pinboy as a Sheriff  -- Oh Boy, no way.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pinboy said:

Thank you--- However, my qualifications would never be accepted by Celebrity :

Never had a verbal dispute on any of our cruises although I did see a few --- Now , I'm thinking of the buffet , the pool chair hogs, the Persian Garden snorers,  and a few ( not many ) obnoxious loud mouths in Specialty restaurants. 

You are extremely observant and are able to " read people " by their posts , but, nominating Pinboy as a Sheriff  -- Oh Boy, no way.

You can do it, with a few Deputies in tow, as well....

 

Would it not be a good feeling to say to a disruptive passenger 'confined to cabin and dis-embark next port'!

 

bon voyage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

You can do it, with a few Deputies in tow, as well....

 

Would it not be a good feeling to say to a disruptive passenger 'confined to cabin and dis-embark next port'!

 

bon voyage

To keep on topic---- I would have to wear a mask over my entire face all day.

And besides --- There are no " disruptive " passengers, only those with their " Rights " .

I love that expression --- it wouldn't go too far in my former business. 

We had a " Complaints Dept "--- He was 6'19" tall and weighed 839 lbs

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, TFLG said:

I'm not cruising if masks are mandatory.  That's just not my idea of a vacation.  I'm fine with a rapid test for pre boarding. But I'm on the ship to get my party on. Hang with friends, drink, dance and get silly.  I think if mask are mandatory cruise ships will be more like floating old folks homes.  And judging from the youtube videos of the first few cruises that's not far from the truth.  I'm not cancelling my 2 bookings for next year yet but if mandatory masks are a thing I will do land vacations instead.

I feel somewhat the same way.  I have an Edge cruise booked for March 28....hoping it goes OK...but your feelings mirror mine regarding masks...and the "party on" comment too.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have no problem wearing a mask when shopping at the supermarket, pharmacy or any other store.  At present we haven't done sit down restaurants, take home only.

 

But if it were required that a mask be worn during a cruise, I wouldn't board it, because that tells me there is still a chance that the virus could be on the ship somewhere.

 

My family's health is way more important than a cruise or a vacation, and with over 50 cruises and slightly more land vacations, the memories will tide us over to it's safe to cruise again.  I do have some casino fare cruises booked for 2021, but the investment is only the $250 fare, so if I have to cancel or reschedule it's not a big deal.  If the lines go under, or I get too old & infirm to cruise again, so be it.

 

Not cruising is not the end of my world.  Catching the virus may be.

Edited by evandbob
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, evandbob said:

Not cruising is not the end of my world.

Correct---

Perhaps you remember , I got " clobbered " on CC when I said something like that a few months ago when I read posts indicating  " I'm depressed over not being able to cruise ".  Depressed ???  Really ??  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Correct---

Perhaps you remember , I got " clobbered " on CC when I said something like that a few months ago when I read posts indicating  " I'm depressed over not being able to cruise ".  Depressed ???  Really ??  

I would not go so far as to say that 'I Am depressed' about not cruising, but I will kvetch about it incessantly... LOL

 

bon voyage buddy!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...