Future cruises with Crystal?

15 hours ago, nancygp said:

I’m not overly confident my cruise next June will go.  At this point, I will not book anything else including 2023 as I don’t want to give crystal anymore money.

time will tell, hoping for a vaccine sooner than later and I miss cruising on crystal.

Same cruise as you in June 2021 and I'd rate it only a 50/50 chance of happening.

We have a Regent cruise in September 2021 which I'm more hopeful of it happening

I think anything in 2021 is at risk - and that means a long period for all of the cruise lines to survive without revenue - and to reboot with whatever changes are required and reestablish the crews and shoreside support staff

After that it's only plans and no actual bookings for us - our days of booking years in advance are over

Hopeful first time Crystal cruiser booked on two B2B cruises in 2021-2022.  I may cancel the 2021 Med/Middle East cruise on the Symphony, however, because traveling from the West Coast to Rome and then home from UAE - multiple flights, airports, hotels - is just not appealing during these Covid times.  I can book something closer to home.  My other Crystal B2B is May 2022 Hawaii/Pacific Coast.  I’m so hoping that will work out.

We have 3 segments (53 days in total ) booked on the Symphony sailing on 02/19/2021 from Singapore to Mombasa — to Cape Town with the 3rd segment ending in Lisbon. 

We are really looking forward to visiting Cape Town as well as doing the safari.  But with the way this virus keeps raging it’s not looking hopeful. 

There are some cruises later in the year that look interesting should the situation get better and cruise lines back on track. 

Hi it a came from some info in the UK re tourism minister Birmingham indicating may not open until next year and Qantas flight being grounded until July.

I have great sympathy for the people of Melbourne and all Australia as this pandemic is horrific , we have just came out a long lockdown and unfortunately Aberdeen is now again under lockdown everything is fluid and can change anytime some UK citizens were allowed do go to Spain but the the Govt changed the criteria and any one coming back had to self quarantine for 14 days after just flying .

It must be hard to decide when the borders should re open.

12 hours ago, pooch1 said:

We have 3 segments (53 days in total ) booked on the Symphony sailing on 02/19/2021 from Singapore to Mombasa — to Cape Town with the 3rd segment ending in Lisbon. 

We are really looking forward to visiting Cape Town as well as doing the safari.  But with the way this virus keeps raging it’s not looking hopeful. 

There are some cruises later in the year that look interesting should the situation get better and cruise lines back on track. 

I was booked on those segments before Coronavirus was noticed in China. Then I have changed it for November 2021 out of Miami thinking that ports in USA might be safer. Unfortunately it does not look that way at the moment.

Ivi

i am booked and fully paid for crystal symphony november 2022 cruise from lisbon to rome.  i cancelled my danube christmas market cruise for this year in december and hoping i'll get the refund.  i also cancelled the sept. 2021 quebec to nyc cruise and hoping to get the refund for that cruise.  i don't want to book anymore cruises now until i get my refunds.  i am really missing cruising now and hope i'll be able to cruise in november 2022.

20 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

I'm curious - What "evidence" is that?

I don't think anyone here in Australia would be in a position to venture an opinion on when Australia will reopen their borders or even allow unrestricted travel to other countries (without permits) of our citizens. As you may be aware Melbourne is the current hotspot for COVID in Australia and a declared "state of disaster" with a 6 week lockdown - so they're particularly uncertain as to the future

Stickman how is Sydney doing with this Covid?

We seem to only hear in NZ about all the trouble Melbourne is having

3 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

i am booked and fully paid for crystal symphony november 2022 cruise from lisbon to rome.  i cancelled my danube christmas market cruise for this year in december and hoping i'll get the refund.  i also cancelled the sept. 2021 quebec to nyc cruise and hoping to get the refund for that cruise.  i don't want to book anymore cruises now until i get my refunds.  i am really missing cruising now and hope i'll be able to cruise in november 2022.

Very similar -- I was so looking forward to the Danube Christmas market cruise that Crystal cancelled --- still  have the air booked and may do this as a self drive mode (or train) if we as Americans can travel this winter.   I put the money from that cruise into our Venice to Lisbon 2022 in October.

We are booked on the 2022 WC and we have two cruises on Silverseas, one on Seabourn and one river cruise on Scenic booked for 2021.  We have had 7 cruises on Crystal cancelled in 2020 and we have applied all credits to the 2022 WC.  

We are optimistic about cruising in 2021 and beyond.

We are currently on a 85 day road trip from our home in Texas, visiting Colorado, Utah, California and Arizona.  We are having a great time on our “land cruise” touring the western US.

1 hour ago, TRIPACIAN said:

We are currently on a 85 day road trip from our home in Texas, visiting Colorado, Utah, California and Arizona.  We are having a great time on our “land cruise” touring the western US.

Be careful to avoid New Mexico, since they have a 14 day quarantine for folks from out of state.  Even for just driving through, according to some news reports and government statements.

5 hours ago, USC Adventurer said:

May I ask why would you pay in full for a cruise for 2022?  I know there is a discount for paying in full 6 months in advance but I know of none for 2 years in advance.  

2 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

We are booked on the 2022 WC and we have two cruises on Silverseas, one on Seabourn and one river cruise on Scenic booked for 2021.  We have had 7 cruises on Crystal cancelled in 2020 and we have applied all credits to the 2022 WC.  

As Flyer Talked mentioned aren’t you violating quarantine rules?  I am very glad that New York is stopping out of state plates from the 34 states that do not meet the positivity rates. 

21 minutes ago, cruisr said:

As Flyer Talked mentioned aren’t you violating quarantine rules?  I am very glad that New York is stopping out of state plates from the 34 states that do not meet the positivity rates. 

Not at all no problems.  Colorado is full of visitors.  Many from Mexico and all of the surrounding states.  

3 hours ago, cruisr said:

May I ask why would you pay in full for a cruise for 2022?  I know there is a discount for paying in full 6 months in advance but I know of none for 2 years in advance.  

Just wanted to clarify the 2.5% early payment discount is nine months rather than six months prior to the sailing.  It used to be six months before some of the changes were made to new bookings awhile back.

Keith

10 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Just wanted to clarify the 2.5% early payment discount is nine months rather than six months prior to the sailing.  It used to be six months before some of the changes were made to new bookings awhile back.

It's a changing world we live in - back to the old timing - at least for 2021 cruises under the Crystal Confidence policy

"Available on all 2021 voyages across all Crystal Experiences, Early Full Payment Savings of 2.5% is now extended to 180 days prior to departure (previously 270 days)"

https://www.crystalcruises.com.au/book-with-crystal-confidence

3 hours ago, cruisr said:

I have a fully paid cruise for November 2021, because I have used the FCP for that purpose. My cruise for September this year was cancelled and I have received a FCP and an FCC because I have decided not to request a refund. Part of the FCP was used to fully pay one cruise and the rest of it together with the FCC to book another cruise in 2022.

Ivi

1 hour ago, Stickman1990 said:

It's a changing world we live in - back to the old timing - at least for 2021 cruises under the Crystal Confidence policy

"Available on all 2021 voyages across all Crystal Experiences, Early Full Payment Savings of 2.5% is now extended to 180 days prior to departure (previously 270 days)"

https://www.crystalcruises.com.au/book-with-crystal-confidence

Yes good point about 2021.

I had 2022 on my mind as cruisr had asked about 2022 and mentioned the 2.5% discount.

You have me thinking though.  I hope they extend this to 2022 so you continue to get the 2.5% at six months they way it used to be.

The irony is traditionally if you book the 2021 Holiday Cruise and say cruises after that one into 2022 you usually get two different booking numbers.  So for those who have this extended through the 2022 World Cruise the irony is if they want the 2.5% early payment discount they would be paying in full the 2022 bookings which would be substantially more before the holiday cruise one would be due.  There might be away around that so something to explore.

Other than moving money from one booking to another which we have done for bookings that the bulk of our final payment will require new money I think for the first time since we began sailing Crystal in 2002 I am not going to take advantage of the early payment. I might change my mind once things stabilize with sailings and the virus or the timing of refunds but for now I think I will wait on final payments or at least consider this cruise by cruise.

Keith

paul mco

i got very very lucky this week.  i had british air tickets from phx to lhr roundtrip on one ticket.  because i was staying with some friends in london for a few days, i booked a cheap british air ticket from lhr to bud and then cheap british air ticket from vienna back to lhr to get the flight back to phx.

well, british would not refund any of my tickets because the flights were not cancelled but told me not to cancel them myself since it was still early and things change all the time.  well, wednesday i got an email from british air telling me my phx-lhr flight was cancelled and it could appy for a voucher or book new flights but i called them and asked for a refund and without any questions asked, they issued me the refund and it arrived in my credit card on saturday.  wow!  what great service.  wish crystal would learn something from that example.

my other two tickets can't be refunded since the flights aren't cancelled and i don't really expect them to be.  i did ask ba why i couldn't get a refund since there was no way for me to take either of those flights since my major flight and cruise were cancelled, they wished me luck.  then i asked them since i was american and can't travel to eu countries couldn't they give me a refund based on that and they said no.  i'll hope for a policy change in november.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:19 PM, SusieQft said:

I am still booked for the 2022 world cruise, and I do have travel insurance on it that covers default.  The language of that coverage is convoluted and hard to understand, which to me means that they may have figured out how to say they are covering it without really doing so.  Some of the cost will be paid with FCC, and I am not sure if any of that part is insurable.  I have cancelled my 2020 and 2021 bookings on Crystal.  All of these bookings were made before 2020.  I don't think I would make a new booking right now, unless I had FCC with no existing booking to apply it to.

Ivi, hopefully we will have the opportunity to meet on WC 2022!  I really like that it is a round trip out of LA (for me), so I won't have any flights involved.

Karen

I am booked on the 2022 World cruise, I picked this one because the only flying involved is a one hour hop from Las Vegas to Los Angeles.  Looking forward to meeting you.

Brenda

On 8/9/2020 at 10:26 AM, USC Adventurer said:

paul mco

i got very very lucky this week.  i had british air tickets from phx to lhr roundtrip on one ticket.  because i was staying with some friends in london for a few days, i booked a cheap british air ticket from lhr to bud and then cheap british air ticket from vienna back to lhr to get the flight back to phx.

well, british would not refund any of my tickets because the flights were not cancelled but told me not to cancel them myself since it was still early and things change all the time.  well, wednesday i got an email from british air telling me my phx-lhr flight was cancelled and it could appy for a voucher or book new flights but i called them and asked for a refund and without any questions asked, they issued me the refund and it arrived in my credit card on saturday.  wow!  what great service.  wish crystal would learn something from that example.

my other two tickets can't be refunded since the flights aren't cancelled and i don't really expect them to be.  i did ask ba why i couldn't get a refund since there was no way for me to take either of those flights since my major flight and cruise were cancelled, they wished me luck.  then i asked them since i was american and can't travel to eu countries couldn't they give me a refund based on that and they said no.  i'll hope for a policy change in november.

My tickets are on 016 stock (UA) but booked on Austrian.  I am hoping Austrian will cancel the flight so we can get a refund.  Things are very fluid.  My Company (based in Vienna) is still in a lock down mode and has cancelled all of our in-person sales events through 2020.

We are booked October 2021: NYC, Amazon, Miami. We are cautiously optimistic. Beginning to think about land based vacations for next spring and summer. Praying every day that Crystal survives. 

On 8/8/2020 at 8:05 PM, TRIPACIAN said:

What a great trip and not rushed.  Friends with kids just did parts of WY and family flew home from Denver while Daddy took the car home.   They rush while you are enjoying our country,

I found it fairly easy to go to Mexico and going back soon. 

12 hours ago, ellbon said:

What a great trip and not rushed.  Friends with kids just did parts of WY and family flew home from Denver while Daddy took the car home.   They rush while you are enjoying our country,

12 hours ago, ellbon said:

While we were in Vail, we met several people from Mexico.  They said travel from Mexico to US was available and rather inexpensive.  We jokingly said that 1/3 of the people in Vail were from Mexico, 1/3 from Texas and the rest from all over the US.

Hi,

I was booked for a Crystal river cruise this Dec. (2020). I moved it ahead to a similar one around the same time in 2021. I was able to cancel my flight (United, and received an immediate refund of upgrade money and points with the actual flight cost in credit that can be used any time over the next 24 months). I was also able to get both my pre- and post-cruise hotel refunds immediately credited to my card.

I have a Crystal Ocean booked in Oct. 2021 (Canade, r/t NYC). And am also considering a cruise in May 2021, since we can book without deposits until Nov. 2020.

If we are unable to cruise at that time, our economy will be so bad, it will not matter what I spent, as I will be eating scavenged food at that time.