Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

39 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We would go with you but we didn't hit the Florida Lottery or Powerball.................

LOL...we just totaled up the "savings" of all the cancelled cruises we have had....more than enough to pay for that river cruise.  😉  At least by then, hopefully....we will actually be going on a cruise.  

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...we just totaled up the "savings" of all the cancelled cruises we have had....more than enough to pay for that river cruise.  😉  At least by then, hopefully....we will actually be going on a cruise.  

A river cruise is in our bucket list - Europe or maybe the US.

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

Alaska 2022 just posted...I think a bit on the pricey side for a GS/OS....I'll wait and see what summer Europe 2022 looks like instead. Best of luck..seems like a lot of cabin options for y'all.

Thank you for the heads up on Alaska - we just booked the Serenade for 5/15/22 which is perfect for our side to side with the Eclipse arriving from Hawaii. Got our favorite JS too............they usually go fast on the aft. Pricing was a bit high but not bad considering the difference with a 2B aft cabin.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

A river cruise is in our bucket list - Europe or maybe the US.

Actually had originally booked Mississippi river 15 day on new Viking river ship in 2023, but only available for July on whole river southbound.  Decided just too hot that time of the year through the Midwest.  Opted instead for the 23 day European Sojourn in September 2023.  Was extremely easy to just transfer over, with no fees!!   Refreshing doing business with them.  😉 

6 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Thank you for the heads up on Alaska - we just booked the Serenade for 5/15/22 which is perfect for our side to side with the Eclipse arriving from Hawaii. Got our favorite JS too............they usually go fast on the aft. Pricing was a bit high but not bad considering the difference with a 2B aft cabin.

1100?  

10 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nice also...Sweeet!  Me, I love the corner aft, and of course sun lizard Bucky likes the full sun on the corner cabins.  Actually D1 9256 is our favorite.  🙂 

I'm looking at all 3 of the rooms you two mentioned. Can you tell me if there is much difference between Radiance and Serenade? 

Just now, erinsmom03 said:

I'm looking at all 3 of the rooms you two mentioned. Can you tell me if there is much difference between Radiance and Serenade? 

Same cabins but the 4B (9258) has a shower door on Serenade - Radiance has shower curtains. We like 9260 also - a bit more shade............9256 and 1100 has a wider balcony but tapers off and is more exposed to the sun. I have had skin cancer problems and look for more protection.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Same cabins but the 4B (9258) has a shower door on Serenade - Radiance has shower curtains. We like 9260 also - a bit more shade............9256 and 1100 has a wider balcony but tapers off and is more exposed to the sun. I have had skin cancer problems and look for more protection.

Thank you! 

13 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

No major difference in ships....just itineraries.  Go with the itinerary you prefer.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, island lady said:

We have a 7 night one booked on Viking for September of next year.  Bordeaux to Bordeaux.  I'll probably be whining about it during the 7 days.

25 minutes ago, yogimax said:

We have a 7 night one booked on Viking for September of next year.  Bordeaux to Bordeaux.  I'll probably be whining about it during the 7 days.

LOL!!   Want some cheese with that Whine?  😄 😄   Mmmmmmm....Bordeaux wine.  In my professional description..."Yummy"!!  🍷

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!!   Want some cheese with that Whine?  😄 😄   Mmmmmmm....Bordeaux wine.  In my professional description..."Yummy"!!  🍷

I know little about Bordeaux wines.  Any recommendations?

I'd be interested to know what European countries you will hit on your 23 day journey.

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It’s odd.  I was waiting for the QN itineraries

All the itineraries can be found in below links.

Crown & Anchor Booking Period: November 10, 2020
General Public Booking Period: November 11, 2020

Quantum: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2022_2023/QN_Alaska_2022.pdf

Ovation: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2022_2023/OV_Alaska_2022.pdf

Serenade: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2022_2023/SR_Alaska_2022.pdf

Radiance: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2022_2023/RD_Alaska_2022.pdf

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

46 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Are the Alaska prices good or high?  I never pay much attention to them.  Just trying to gauge what next week's Caribbean pricing might be

I thought they were a bit high but just comparing it to my other Alaska cruises....some might disagree.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Loved the #1100 ... we've had it a few times on Alaska and Europe....it has a fan base so grab it if you can !!

56 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I thought they were a bit high but just comparing it to my other Alaska cruises....some might disagree.

I agree that the prices are a bit higher but figured that I have a year and a half to watch for a price reduction................can only hope!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Are the Alaska prices good or high?  I never pay much attention to them.  Just trying to gauge what next week's Caribbean pricing might be

I was just looking at them and the JS prices are good for Alaska but anything higher than that are high.  This was for Quantum and Ovation, haven't looked at Radiance or Serenade yet.

We have Quantum booked for May 2021 but would love to L&S to May 2022, which I know is not possible.

• Thanks 1

I noticed that both the Quantum and Ovation will be coming from Hawaii and will be home porting in Seattle.   Normally. both ships would sail from Hawaii to Vancouver and then the first Alaska sailing would start in Vancouver and end in Seattle.  Both of these are not showing yet.