Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

18 minutes ago, harz99 said:

Nothing I can find indicates that BPG element itself has been altered for our bookings in the UK. All the FAQs on the Royal site still refer to the dates I quoted. It was a programme introduced to  stimulate new bookings, and in the UK at least was very welcome as unlike North America, we've not had the benefit of price drops or refundable deposit for many years.

I don't think the UK website has been kept up to date.     There was something I was trying to check a few days ago (it was something to do with Lift & Shift), and the UK site gave 2 different dates information depending on where you read the T & C's.  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, harz99 said:

Nothing I can find indicates that BPG element itself has been altered for our bookings in the UK. All the FAQs on the Royal site still refer to the dates I quoted. It was a programme introduced to  stimulate new bookings, and in the UK at least was very welcome as unlike North America, we've not had the benefit of price drops or refundable deposit for many years.

UK bookings are covered under the CWC.

CWC covers 3 things

- Lift and shift

- cancel up to 48 hours prior to date of sailing

- best price guarantee

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

UK bookings are covered under the CWC.

CWC covers 3 things

- Lift and shift

- cancel up to 48 hours prior to date of sailing

- best price guarantee

Just looked at both US and UK sites and this is what it says in the relevant to us sections of the FAQ answers relating to the above:

Q : How are Non-Refundable Deposit bookings impacted by this policy update?
A : Non-Refundable Deposits that were booked on or before September 30th, 2020 and are sailing on-or-before April 30th, 2022 are eligible for the Cruise with Confidence Policy and follow the same guidelines. Prior to the Final Payment deadline, guests with a Non-Refundable Deposit bookings that wish to change to a different ship or sail date can do so with no fee assessed prior to September 30th, 2020 - the change fee will be waived.

Q :  If I move forward with the Best Price Guarantee, and I am issued onboard credit, when will I get it?
A :  The Best Price Guarantee program allows guests to take advantage of better rates up to 48 hours prior to sail date! Guests must be booked on or before September 30th, 2020 for sailings that depart on or before April 30th, 2022 and they can request the difference of their booked rates versus any rate reduction. The difference in pricing will be added to the booking as an onboard credit, inside final payment, and it’ll be applied within 14 business days, and a new confirmation will be generated with the Onboard Credit value.

And finally the Terms and Conditions which only make passing reference to opting for Best Price Guarantee in relation to cancellations, without setting out exactly what BPG means for price drops:

Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean International’s (RCI) “Cruise With Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before January 31st, 2021, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and April 30, 2022, to cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the full amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise, or (ii) move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing, or (iii) opt in for our “best price guarantee” on their current sailing. “Eligible alternate sailing” means a booking in the same stateroom category sailing with RCI on the same product and cruise length scheduled within four weeks before or four weeks after the date of the original sailing but in the subsequent year. For those sailings, RCI will protect the guest’s original price and/or promotion so long as the guest moves the eligible booking to the alternative sailing on or before January 31st, 2021. If RCI’s “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare inside final payment, then the difference will be provided to guests in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit for use on the eligible alternative sailing. If RCI’s “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare outside final payment, the difference will be provided in a rate adjustment. “Vacation start date” means the date of the earlier of: (i) the scheduled embarkation of the cruise; or (ii) any pre-cruise hotel stay or Cruisetour package associated with the cruise and booked through RCI. If the guest chooses to move their booking to an eligible sailing in the subsequent year, any penalties previously assessed based on the prior sailing’s penalty schedule will follow the booking to the new sailing. The Future Cruise Credit portion of the “Cruise With Confidence” program will only apply to bookings for named guests for which cruise fares have been paid in full. If the guest opts to cancels his/her cruise, a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be issued for the cruise fare amounts paid to the cruise line. The FCC is non-transferrable and may not be redeemed for cash. The FCC’s value may be applied toward the cruise fare due on a new booking, on RCI for a sailing that is the later of on or before December 31, 2021, or 12 months after the date that the guest cancelled their original sailing . All bookings are subject to availability at the time of the request. If not used on or before the expiration date stated above, the FCC will automatically expire and have no cash value. Restrictions may apply on stateroom category and applicable pricing and promotions. Guest will remain responsible for paying the applicable deposit amounts, taxes/fees, port expenses and gratuities (if applicable) for the new booking. RCI’s “Cruise with Confidence” program does not apply to bookings made by residents of mainland China, and Hong Kong. Program does not apply to chartered sailings or contracted group bookings. RCI reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions at any time without prior notice or liability. Offer can be withdrawn at any time without notice.

©2020 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

1 hour ago, harz99 said:

Just looked at both US and UK sites and this is what it says in the relevant to us sections of the FAQ answers relating to the above:

Q : How are Non-Refundable Deposit bookings impacted by this policy update?
A : Non-Refundable Deposits that were booked on or before September 30th, 2020 and are sailing on-or-before April 30th, 2022 are eligible for the Cruise with Confidence Policy and follow the same guidelines. Prior to the Final Payment deadline, guests with a Non-Refundable Deposit bookings that wish to change to a different ship or sail date can do so with no fee assessed prior to September 30th, 2020 - the change fee will be waived.

Q :  If I move forward with the Best Price Guarantee, and I am issued onboard credit, when will I get it?
A :  The Best Price Guarantee program allows guests to take advantage of better rates up to 48 hours prior to sail date! Guests must be booked on or before September 30th, 2020 for sailings that depart on or before April 30th, 2022 and they can request the difference of their booked rates versus any rate reduction. The difference in pricing will be added to the booking as an onboard credit, inside final payment, and it’ll be applied within 14 business days, and a new confirmation will be generated with the Onboard Credit value.

And finally the Terms and Conditions which only make passing reference to opting for Best Price Guarantee in relation to cancellations, without setting out exactly what BPG means for price drops:

Terms & Conditions

Royal Caribbean International’s (RCI) “Cruise With Confidence” program allows individual guests and guests in non-contracted groups who booked a cruise on or before January 31st, 2021, for cruises sailing between June 12, 2020 and April 30, 2022, to cancel their cruise up to 48 hours prior to the vacation start date and have the option to either (i) receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to the full amount of the cruise fare the guest paid for their cruise, or (ii) move their booking to an eligible alternate sailing and receive our “best price guarantee” for the re-booked sailing, or (iii) opt in for our “best price guarantee” on their current sailing. “Eligible alternate sailing” means a booking in the same stateroom category sailing with RCI on the same product and cruise length scheduled within four weeks before or four weeks after the date of the original sailing but in the subsequent year. For those sailings, RCI will protect the guest’s original price and/or promotion so long as the guest moves the eligible booking to the alternative sailing on or before January 31st, 2021. If RCI’s “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare inside final payment, then the difference will be provided to guests in the form of a non-refundable onboard credit for use on the eligible alternative sailing. If RCI’s “best price guarantee” results in a decrease in the guest’s cruise fare outside final payment, the difference will be provided in a rate adjustment. “Vacation start date” means the date of the earlier of: (i) the scheduled embarkation of the cruise; or (ii) any pre-cruise hotel stay or Cruisetour package associated with the cruise and booked through RCI. If the guest chooses to move their booking to an eligible sailing in the subsequent year, any penalties previously assessed based on the prior sailing’s penalty schedule will follow the booking to the new sailing. The Future Cruise Credit portion of the “Cruise With Confidence” program will only apply to bookings for named guests for which cruise fares have been paid in full. If the guest opts to cancels his/her cruise, a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) will be issued for the cruise fare amounts paid to the cruise line. The FCC is non-transferrable and may not be redeemed for cash. The FCC’s value may be applied toward the cruise fare due on a new booking, on RCI for a sailing that is the later of on or before December 31, 2021, or 12 months after the date that the guest cancelled their original sailing . All bookings are subject to availability at the time of the request. If not used on or before the expiration date stated above, the FCC will automatically expire and have no cash value. Restrictions may apply on stateroom category and applicable pricing and promotions. Guest will remain responsible for paying the applicable deposit amounts, taxes/fees, port expenses and gratuities (if applicable) for the new booking. RCI’s “Cruise with Confidence” program does not apply to bookings made by residents of mainland China, and Hong Kong. Program does not apply to chartered sailings or contracted group bookings. RCI reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions at any time without prior notice or liability. Offer can be withdrawn at any time without notice.

©2020 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

That has not been updated. 
https://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/cruisewithconfidence1/

As we continue to overcome the challenges of the current environment, Royal Caribbean® wants to ease the vacation planning hesitation that your clients may be feeling by providing additional reassurance and flexibility. We’ve made the decision to extend our popular Cruise with Confidence policy to allow cancelations up to 48-hours prior to sailing in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit when booking on or before January 31, 2021 for sailings through April 30, 2022. That’s an additional two months of comfort and security for your clients.

The policy parameters remain unchanged — including your commission protection on both the canceled reservation AND your client’s future booking where the Future Cruise Credit is redeemed!

PLUS…

• • Lift & Shift your clients who simply wish to move their existing reservation to next year, protecting their original cruise fare & promotion. It’s simple— select a qualifying sailing in the future, fill out the automated form on CruisingPower.com, and we’ll handle the rest.• Book your clients on or before January 31, 2021 and they’ll also be eligible to take advantage of our Best Price Guarantee up to 48-hours prior to sailing, ensuring the best deal!

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That has not been updated. 
https://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/cruisewithconfidence1/

As we continue to overcome the challenges of the current environment, Royal Caribbean® wants to ease the vacation planning hesitation that your clients may be feeling by providing additional reassurance and flexibility. We’ve made the decision to extend our popular Cruise with Confidence policy to allow cancelations up to 48-hours prior to sailing in exchange for a 100% Future Cruise Credit when booking on or before January 31, 2021 for sailings through April 30, 2022. That’s an additional two months of comfort and security for your clients.

The policy parameters remain unchanged — including your commission protection on both the canceled reservation AND your client’s future booking where the Future Cruise Credit is redeemed!

PLUS…

• • Lift & Shift your clients who simply wish to move their existing reservation to next year, protecting their original cruise fare & promotion. It’s simple— select a qualifying sailing in the future, fill out the automated form on CruisingPower.com, and we’ll handle the rest.• Book your clients on or before January 31, 2021 and they’ll also be eligible to take advantage of our Best Price Guarantee up to 48-hours prior to sailing, ensuring the best deal!

Thank you for that, obviously you are a travel agent? How on earth us mere customers are supposed to know this as we don't get to see the detail of the policy in this way I don't know! Even from your TAs brief it isn't totally clear what "qualifying sailings" for the BPG element are, as that isn't spelt out in that section. I guess we assume the dates referred to in the first paragraph of the brief are applicable.

5 hours ago, harz99 said:

Thank you for that, obviously you are a travel agent? How on earth us mere customers are supposed to know this as we don't get to see the detail of the policy in this way I don't know! Even from your TAs brief it isn't totally clear what "qualifying sailings" for the BPG element are, as that isn't spelt out in that section. I guess we assume the dates referred to in the first paragraph of the brief are applicable.

You are correct.  Royal does certainly not make it easy to find all the information.

The dates in the first part apply to all parts of the CWC of which the best price guarantee is just one component.

You can also find this on Royals website if you look under cruise with confidence.  I suspect you were searching under best price guarantee.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-with-confidence

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 7:44 PM, Wine-O said:

We're looking at that, too.  Also looking at Brilliance 30 Oct to 5 Nov with TA to follow.    What's the timeframe they would be releasing the 2022 Fall Westbounds?   🍷

Oh, now you have done it....

I had to look at the Brilliance 6-day 10/30/2022 ---- Most places we have never been and decent pricing. I think we will do a JS with a refundable deposit and see what the TA looks like -- and hope its the next cruise.

Looked at the last European cruise on Allure too but was a bit too steep for us.

mac_tlc 

2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Oh, now you have done it....

I had to look at the Brilliance 6-day 10/30/2022 ---- Most places we have never been and decent pricing. I think we will do a JS with a refundable deposit and see what the TA looks like -- and hope its the next cruise.

Looked at the last European cruise on Allure too but was a bit too steep for us.

mac_tlc 

I am sure anxious for the roll out of the 2022 Fall westbound TAs.  🙂  Want to book...want to book!!

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are now 4 deployment categories waiting to be released in addition to the 3 already released.  I’m pretty sure that yesterday they only had 3 categories waiting...I think the Northeast is new.

20FA55E0-E2DB-4869-9695-2D0EF45E3F56.jpeg

90554674-C329-4E3D-B957-FD495E5B108D.jpeg

When the released Alaska 2022 they left out the Hawaii to Vancouver and Vancouver to Seattle segments.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There are now 4 deployment categories waiting to be released in addition to the 3 already released.  I’m pretty sure that yesterday they only had 3 categories waiting...I think the Northeast is new.

20FA55E0-E2DB-4869-9695-2D0EF45E3F56.jpeg

Where do the "exotic" ones go to?

19 hours ago, island lady said:

I am sure anxious for the roll out of the 2022 Fall westbound TAs.  🙂  Want to book...want to book!!

Me too!  Me too!  Me too!  I want us to get back to another active roll call.  I'm sure we'll top the 374 pages for the one cancelled this year ;o)

• Like 2

On 12/16/2020 at 6:06 PM, Powersurge! said:

Hi MindyJohn,

I was able to do the same today.   I was able to use my FCC credit on a cruise dated past April 2022.  July 14th 2022, 12 night British Isle on the Jewel was just booked today!

Thanks RCI!

That's great news!  Glad it worked out for you too.  The longer Covid delays the restart of cruising the harder it gets for everyone to use their FCC's by April 2022.  Its good to see them making exceptions!

On 12/16/2020 at 6:06 PM, Powersurge! said:

Hi MindyJohn,

I was able to do the same today.   I was able to use my FCC credit on a cruise dated past April 2022.  July 14th 2022, 12 night British Isle on the Jewel was just booked today!

Thanks RCI!

Thanks for your info...I just called and was able to use my RCI "EXCESS FCC" ($2,525.00) from a booking to the Eastern Caribbean on April 24, 2022 towards a new RCI Booking on July 26, 2022 Arctic Circle.

Now considering if my Celebrity British Isles ends up not sailing July 2021. I'll go ahead and book the 

July 14, 2022 British Isles on RCI as a first leg of a B2B with my Arctic Circle 2022.

Hmmm??? Or should I go ahead and book a refundable deposit and then change it to a NRD once I know? That would be taking a chance that my price point could go up right ? Have never done this before...thoughts ??

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I wouldn't book anything non-refundable until things get back to steady state.  🍷

Thanks...but not what I was asking...my cruises have already been booked (some a long time ago). Just asking about the one I haven't and how it's worked out for some booking a refundable and then changing it to a NRD at some later date?

The newest booked was the Arctic Circle July 26, 2022 and not too concerned about that one.

Edited by Ashland

14 minutes ago, Ashland said:

The newest booked was the Arctic Circle July 26, 2022 and not too concerned about that one.

I said the same thing back in April of this year about my September 2020 TA.  I guess that didn't work out.  🍷

16 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks...but not what I was asking...my cruises have already been booked (some a long time ago). Just asking about the one I haven't and how it's worked out for some booking a refundable and then changing it to a NRD at some later date?

Very easy to change from a refundable to NRD.  Sometimes by the time you confirm everything and go to switch your refundable is actually cheaper than the NRD. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

I said the same thing back in April of this year about my September 2020 TA.  I guess that didn't work out.  🍷

Sorry for you it didn't, but hopefully the future looks a bit better for 2022.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thanks for your info...I just called and was able to use my RCI "EXCESS FCC" ($2,525.00) from a booking to the Eastern Caribbean on April 24, 2022 towards a new RCI Booking on July 26, 2022 Arctic Circle.

You're killing me!

• Haha 1