Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

On 12/26/2020 at 8:08 PM, Crism said:

Come on, Dubai!  We were on Jewel's last "sailing" March 9 (departed and turned right back around), and I'm dying to go back and finally hit Sir Bani Yas, Oman, and more!

Just curious did you still get loyalty pts and a refund since the cruise turned back? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Just curious did you still get loyalty pts and a refund since the cruise turned back? 

And I will add to that question. What did you do the rest of the time in Dubai, or did you just have to fly home?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing for the upcoming deployment schedules has been released.

keep checking here

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/deployment/2021_2022/20074728_Deployment_Opening_Schedule_Flyer.pdf

Thanks...I forget where to find that link...so I just now book marked it.  🙂   

• Like 2

20 hours ago, firefly333 said:

We were given full points (7) and a refund to our onboard account which resulted in a refund to the credit card after everything was closed out.  I don't remember if we were charged tips or not.  This was one of those cruises where we used the ship as a hotel for a day then we embarked the following evening.

20 hours ago, Coralc said:

And I will add to that question. What did you do the rest of the time in Dubai, or did you just have to fly home?

This was 2 days before the US travel ban was announced.  We returned to port in Dubai and had a sick passenger who was being tested so we had to remain onboard the ship until we received the results but were free to move about.  The ship ended up switching locations on the dock once during the day.  The result was negative that evening, and we were free to leave the ship and roam around Dubai or fly home as we saw fit.  The next morning the travel ban to the US was announced so we made plans to fly back that night.  We still ended up with a full day to see the last remaining sights we didn't originally see (Dubai Frame and Jumeirah Mosque were the big 2) then headed to the airport for a 2:30am flight.  Slightly nerve-wracking but we had an absolute blast!  I can't wait to go back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/20/2020 at 9:46 PM, taznremmy said:

Color me unhappy....I just got off the phone with RCCL and tried to use cruise 2 FCC's to book both the 7/14 and 7/22/22 cruises, and was told I could not, as they had to be used by 4/30/22.   They would be more than happy to book the cruises, if I wanted to give them $450 deposit for each cruise.  Thanks,  but no.  They are already sitting on over $5K of my money.  😡

Call back and just ask to apply it. If they say no, ask for an exception. If that doesn’t work, ask for resolutions.  Worked for family members. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, internetwhiz said:

Call back and just ask to apply it. If they say no, ask for an exception. If that doesn’t work, ask for resolutions.  Worked for family members. 

@ourusualbeach will say it better as he is always correcting my wording, but the fccs do have a use by date, and a sail by date. In order to use a current fcc expiring in april 2022 for july 2022, you would have to do a fake booking say for april 2022, then cancel before final payment and jump thru hoops explained on other threads to get the fcc extended. I have heard of some used into may but not as late as july. Nothing I would do on purpose. 

But good luck getting resolutions to make a exception. Who knows maybe you can with a good reason, and rcl keeps pushing out dates as the cancellations pile up, so it might happen on it's own, just not yet.

7 minutes ago, atgood said:

I think RCI will extend the FCC expiration date once they do another round of cancellations.  They’ll have to eventually if their ships don’t start sailing in more places.  

I do also...I spoke to a rep in resolutions a few days ago and she said hold on to my FCC and be patient...things are changing.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I spoke to a rep in resolutions a few days ago and she said hold on to my FCC and be patient...things are changing

As optimistic as I am I still take very little that their phone reps say seriously.  Most regular posters here on CC are more knowledgable than them.  Even so though, I hope that that is true.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

As optimistic as I am I still take very little that their phone reps say seriously.  Most regular posters here on CC are more knowledgable than them.  Even so though, I hope that that is true.

If rcl waits for some kind of her immunity maybe next fall, that's why I posted the dates could get extended. Hope people saying rcl wouldnt sail until then are wrong.... but then when I booked april 2021 I thought it would go, now I have my doubts as I dont see crew being hired or other signs moving.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If rcl waits for some kind of her immunity maybe next fall, that's why I posted the dates could get extended. Hope people saying rcl wouldnt sail until then are wrong.... but then when I booked april 2021 I thought it would go, now I have my doubts as I dont see crew being hired or other signs moving.

There are so many possibilities, both pro and con, that just about anything is possible.  I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

There are so many possibilities, both pro and con, that just about anything is possible.  I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.

Lol I'm sure my ta is tired of me being cancelled lol, but yes whatever happens I know he will handle.

Seems I was overly optimistic. 

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

While I would normally agree...I would have thought they would have stated the policy for FCC's again and pushed for me to book. Since this was the exact opposite it led me to also have some hope.

If it makes any difference, this wasn't one of the normal reps it was a return call to me from resolutions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

I do also...I spoke to a rep in resolutions a few days ago and she said hold on to my FCC and be patient...things are changing.

It will probably be in the same announcement as the upgraded food in the MDR on Jan 1.😂

edited to add...at least yours has a chance of happening. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It will probably be in the same announcement as the upgraded food in the MDR on Jan 1.😂

edited to add...at least yours has a chance of happening. 

Hello,

What feels like a lifetime ago, I responded to the announcement that RCI was going 'plastic free' with the question "does that mean an end to the 'ham' and 'cheese' found in the Windjammer?"

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 3

On 12/30/2020 at 10:24 AM, island lady said:

Thanks...I forget where to find that link...so I just now book marked it.  🙂   

Me too.  I am so ready to book the Fall 2022 Allure TA.  I just hope the itinerary is as good as the spring one is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

Me too.  I am so ready to book the Fall 2022 Allure TA.  I just hope the itinerary is as good as the spring one is.

LOL....for some reason I will just be happy with wherever it goes after we board in Barcelona to come back to the states...(or in my case will already be on board).   Miami...Ft. Lauderdale...or in a perfect world...Port Canaveral!!  🤗

• Like 1