Jump to content

Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins


Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, MsOne said:

I just wanna know if Allure will finally be in Galveston in 2023.

 

Well I know it "should be" in the Med for late 2022...booked for two loops around the Med in Oct., now waiting on booking available release for fall westbound TA to connect for third leg.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would guess that a 100% solo supplement is being added to the price, even though RCI advertises these cabins as single traveler only and no supplement.

 

Price should probably be:

Cruise fare $3,345.00
Discounts (2)
60% Off Second Guest $-1,216.17
Balc Suite NRD $-82.19image.png.991fc35e1523b1b5e25b2f8035d836d5.png
Subtotal $2,046.64
Taxes & fees $170.51

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, gmerick said:

The long Caribbean itineraries were released this week in the Northeast tranche.  Looks like the Solo Balconies were mispriced again. 

image.thumb.png.23e443bd27c77af3d28cbfc04689c27e.png

It really annoys me about the solo cabin pricing.

 

My understanding is that solo cabin prices should be price at equivalent to a per person sharing price so we are not paying 200%.  It seems that the solo cabins are running at 150% these days if not a lot more.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2021 at 12:21 PM, RFerrington said:

For those who are interested in the HNL-YVR legs for April 2022,  the April 25 OV booking is showing up in their system but cannot yet be booked (at least as of 3:00 today) BUT this is only a 10 night itinerary.  The QN HNL-YVR itin is 13 nights.

 

So we are jumping ship in HNL, spending the day and night there and will be boarding QN on 26 April for Vancouver on the 13 night itin.  All Star Class and Owner's Suites are already gone.  We were able to get a 2 BR GS.

 

So if you prefer the 13 night itin you will need to call Royal SOON and book something.  I feel like these are going to go fast now that it's known that the OV is only a 10 night itin.

 

I am currently looking at the Quantum 13-night HNL/YVR sailing for April 26, 2023.  I have not sailed a Quantum Class ship before so forgive me if the answers to these questions have been covered previously.

1) JS with larger balcony:  Has anyone booked one of these?  How does it work out that the smaller cabin is adjacent to and shares the small hallway with the JS? Is it a problem with noise, etc?

2) What decks are considered the best for the regular JS with the smaller balconies? By best, I mean noise and proximity to a lot of the venues.

 

Many thanks for your help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

It was mentioned in the below thread.

 

And NCL as well. I have a booking on NCL Star in August 2022 visiting Greenland and Iceland, so I am curious to read all the details mentioned by the chief.

Thanks for sharing the link. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

 

I am currently looking at the Quantum 13-night HNL/YVR sailing for April 26, 2023.  I have not sailed a Quantum Class ship before so forgive me if the answers to these questions have been covered previously.

1) JS with larger balcony:  Has anyone booked one of these?  How does it work out that the smaller cabin is adjacent to and shares the small hallway with the JS? Is it a problem with noise, etc?

2) What decks are considered the best for the regular JS with the smaller balconies? By best, I mean noise and proximity to a lot of the venues.

 

Many thanks for your help!

You must mean 26 April 2022?  Yes, only two Hawaii ports, Kona, and Maui.  All the J4's are on the hump, which is a very convenient location.  🍷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

You must mean 26 April 2022?  Yes, only two Hawaii ports, Kona, and Maui.  All the J4's are on the hump, which is a very convenient location.  🍷

 

Sorry, yes, since the pandemic started I seem to have lost track of time. (Every day is Blursday, lol!) April 26, 2022 is the sail date.  I see all the J4’s on the hump, which is good.  Is any one deck preferable over another for the J4?

 

While the itinerary is not great, it seems better than the other two Hawaii sailings I looked at.  I would prefer the Radiance Class ship on this route, but it probably won’t happen.  And I’m hoping that the volcano and NaPali Coast sail by might be a place holder for an eventual port of call. I can always hope...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

 

Sorry, yes, since the pandemic started I seem to have lost track of time. (Every day is Blursday, lol!) April 26, 2022 is the sail date.  I see all the J4’s on the hump, which is good.  Is any one deck preferable over another for the J4?

 

While the itinerary is not great, it seems better than the other two Hawaii sailings I looked at.  I would prefer the Radiance Class ship on this route, but it probably won’t happen.  And I’m hoping that the volcano and NaPali Coast sail by might be a place holder for an eventual port of call. I can always hope...

 

Avoid deck 13 as those JS on the hump are below the kitchen that services Coastal Kitchen and the Noodle Shop.  Lots of noise after midnight as they clean that kitchen.  Was a great location but noisy late at night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, travelgoddess1 said:

 

Sorry, yes, since the pandemic started I seem to have lost track of time. (Every day is Blursday, lol!) April 26, 2022 is the sail date.  I see all the J4’s on the hump, which is good.  Is any one deck preferable over another for the J4?

 

While the itinerary is not great, it seems better than the other two Hawaii sailings I looked at.  I would prefer the Radiance Class ship on this route, but it probably won’t happen.  And I’m hoping that the volcano and NaPali Coast sail by might be a place holder for an eventual port of call. I can always hope...

Just an FYI....there is still the Ovation HNL-YVR that should be leaving HNL on Apr 25 2022. Somebody talked to a rep that said it will be a 10 day, but not yet loaded on Royal’s site yet. Many of us on the prior sailings are patiently waiting. I doubt it’s itinerary is going to be much different. Just less sea days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

 

I am currently looking at the Quantum 13-night HNL/YVR sailing for April 26, 2023.  I have not sailed a Quantum Class ship before so forgive me if the answers to these questions have been covered previously.

1) JS with larger balcony:  Has anyone booked one of these?  How does it work out that the smaller cabin is adjacent to and shares the small hallway with the JS? Is it a problem with noise, etc?

2) What decks are considered the best for the regular JS with the smaller balconies? By best, I mean noise and proximity to a lot of the venues.

 

Many thanks for your help!

I like 12 for easy access to the beautiful CL and just 2 floors from main deck with Coastal Kitchen, Windjammer, Solarium Bistro etc.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, travelgoddess1 said:

 

Sorry, yes, since the pandemic started I seem to have lost track of time. (Every day is Blursday, lol!) April 26, 2022 is the sail date.  I see all the J4’s on the hump, which is good.  Is any one deck preferable over another for the J4?

 

While the itinerary is not great, it seems better than the other two Hawaii sailings I looked at.  I would prefer the Radiance Class ship on this route, but it probably won’t happen.  And I’m hoping that the volcano and NaPali Coast sail by might be a place holder for an eventual port of call. I can always hope...

Daughter Loves this Class on longer Cruises. Me, sad day when Radiance Class is gone...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are in one of the J1 (JS with large balcony) on the first 2 legs (NZ and TP) on Ovation.  Then we get off in HNL and get onto QN.  We have never stayed in one of these rooms before but thought we would give it a shot.  We did stay in one the GS with the extended balcony last year on AN and frankly, the balcony was a complete waste since the weather was so cold (Feb).  I'm hoping that we will get more use out of the balcony this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

 

I am currently looking at the Quantum 13-night HNL/YVR sailing for April 26, 2023.  I have not sailed a Quantum Class ship before so forgive me if the answers to these questions have been covered previously.

1) JS with larger balcony:  Has anyone booked one of these?  How does it work out that the smaller cabin is adjacent to and shares the small hallway with the JS? Is it a problem with noise, etc?

2) What decks are considered the best for the regular JS with the smaller balconies? By best, I mean noise and proximity to a lot of the venues.

 

Many thanks for your help!

We had 12632 on Ovation, I assume that is the type of cabin you are talking about.  I loved the cabin.  The only strange thing was the bed was next to the bathroom, in other words it was not like the typical cabin that is long and narrow was more square.  The balcony was awesome.

 

The room was accessed by an outer door a small box room with our door straight ahead and the single cabin on the right.  Because the bathroom separates the two rooms we never heard our neighbor.  I think we saw the gentleman twice the entire 15 day cruise.  

 

Our cabin was isolated from ship activity noises.  Pretty much perfect.  

 

JC

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We had 12632 on Ovation, I assume that is the type of cabin you are talking about.  I loved the cabin.  The only strange thing was the bed was next to the bathroom, in other words it was not like the typical cabin that is long and narrow was more square.  The balcony was awesome.

 

The room was accessed by an outer door a small box room with our door straight ahead and the single cabin on the right.  Because the bathroom separates the two rooms we never heard our neighbor.  I think we saw the gentleman twice the entire 15 day cruise.  

 

Our cabin was isolated from ship activity noises.  Pretty much perfect.  

 

JC

 

Thank you, that is helpful information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I would further consider which side the sun is going to be shining on for the trip to Hawaii.  In April it can be quite cool, and I would opt for the sunny side.

 

I was also trying to figure out which side of the ship would have the best view of the NaPali coast at Kauai.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MindyJohn said:

I like 12 for easy access to the beautiful CL and just 2 floors from main deck with Coastal Kitchen, Windjammer, Solarium Bistro etc.

 

 Definitely a consideration, but not so much if we don’t have access to the CL and CK. Handy, though, for Windjammer and Solarium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well that would obviously depend on which way the ship sailed past it.  We did a helicopter tour way back in 2001 on a Radiance cruise to see the NaPali coast.  I don’t think we sailed by it during daylight hours on that cruise. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, xpcdoojk said:

Well that would obviously depend on which way the ship sailed past it.  We did a helicopter tour way back in 2001 on a Radiance cruise to see the NaPali coast.  I don’t think we sailed by it during daylight hours on that cruise. 

 

I looked to see where the ship was coming from and guessed the starboard side.  50-50 chance of getting it right. 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, travelgoddess1 said:

 Definitely a consideration, but not so much if we don’t have access to the CL and CK. Handy, though, for Windjammer and Solarium.

I booked a deck 12 balcony on our second Ovation sailing a TP from Australia to Hawaii, and due to increased numbers of C&A members we were not allowed to access the CL, which was a bit frustrating, because the Diamond lounge was forward and we were aft, and my cabin was literally about 6 door from the CL...  Not a biggee, as I am quite healthy and can easily walk.  I will be surprised if the passenger numbers are that high, that they will do that for a while.... but for RCI’s and our sake, I hope so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, travelgoddess1 said:

 

I looked to see where the ship was coming from and guessed the starboard side.  50-50 chance of getting it right. 😁

For a 50/50 shot, I would worry about the sunshine side more.  That is just me, thinking of my DW.  I spend most of those hours on the flowrider. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...