Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

23 hours ago, Cruisertoday said:

Not sure if this means anything but she is scheduled almost every Wednesday in Catalina from April 2022. 

and the C&A and regular Royal Facebook page posted a picture of Cabo San Lucas a few days ago....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Won't be the first time.......😁

Had a fellow CC member one time, many years ago, that was going to be in that cabin the week after I was while doing a southbound Radiance Alaska cruise.  I told her I would leave my extra Alaska coupons under the mat in the safe.  She later posted she got them, and used some. 😉 

• Like 5

Grandeur's April 2022 10 Repo Barbados to Galveston is Available! All Aft Deck 7 Jr Suites open including the desirable Aft Corners. No requirement for 3 or even 2 in the 3/4 Cabin's...too bad already have 2 Cruises booked over same dates.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Test Load Long/Seasonal Caribbean Fall2022-Spring2023 for release next week. Looks like we have Grandeur out of Miami. Vision going out of Ft Lauderdale... In end that's lot of Ships Sailing out of US next year Winter

Edited by ONECRUISER

4 hours ago, dawnelda said:

Anybody know where the Navigator will be in Winter 2022/Spring 2023? In fact I can't find any sailings beyond April 2022.

Cruisertoday  mentioned this a few posts back:

“Not sure if this means anything but she is scheduled almost every Wednesday in Catalina from April 2022.”

So some are hoping for California.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

“Not sure if this means anything but she is scheduled almost every Wednesday in Catalina from April 2022.”

Maybe and release next week under "Other"

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Beachammo said:

Passed on the Serenade PC cruise as we are hopefully doing a similar 11 night on Vision in January 2022. But....I did book a b2b on the Serenade starting January 28th, 2023. A few new ports for us.....and Coco.

Grabbed 9256 too.....😏

I am booked on a Serenade b3b Jan.14, 18, and 28, so I'll be joining you. I just wish the ship was going to do a partial Canal transit, but I'm satisfied with the itinerary.

18 hours ago, rockmom said:

and the C&A and regular Royal Facebook page posted a picture of Cabo San Lucas a few days ago....

I noticed the same thing and wondered about the choice of photos.

6 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Maybe and release next week under "Other"

I'll be watching.  Please post if you see anything.  It's been 10 years since we had a ship home-ported in California.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Thank you. I wonder if it would be sailing from Los Angeles or San Diego?

2 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I am booked on a Serenade b3b Jan.14, 18, and 28, so I'll be joining you. I just wish the ship was going to do a partial Canal transit, but I'm satisfied with the itinerary.

I'll be watching.  Please post if you see anything.  It's been 10 years since we had a ship home-ported in California.

Yes, never Cruised out California but with Son living there and half the year I'm in Az looking forward

• Like 3

3 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

And was why I was quick to grab the Serenade PC Oct 2022 out of San Pedro ... so excited to sail from my home port again after many years.

45 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes, never Cruised out California but with Son living there and half the year I'm in Az looking forward

This is where our addiction started in the early 1990's...such an easy drive.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ashland said:

This is where our addiction started in the early 1990's...such an easy drive.

Although I started cruising in 1980, the Viking Serenade was the first Royal cruise with my daughters. I was living in SD at the time, before the PNW, but at least my oldest daughter ended up back down there. 

Although I would love a SD departure, I think it would be San Pedro also. I’m just hoping it all comes to fruition eventually.

Does anyone know if Navigator is scheduled for a drydock in the next year?

It is my understanding that a ship can only port in California 5 times per year unless they can connect to show power.  Last I heard no Royal ships had that capability.  I believe it might require a drydock to install the needed equipment.

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

Although I started cruising in 1980, the Viking Serenade was the first Royal cruise with my daughters. I was living in SD at the time, before the PNW, but at least my oldest daughter ended up back down there. 

Although I would love a SD departure, I think it would be San Pedro also. I’m just hoping it all comes to fruition eventually.

We sailed Azure of the Seas a couple times before Viking Serenade...so many memories on that ship because that's where I turned my kids into addicts too :classic_ohmy:

Fingers crossed we'll finally get RCI back to our coast even for a little while.

8 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

It is my understanding that a ship can only port in California 5 times per year unless they can connect to show power.  Last I heard no Royal ships had that capability.  I believe it might require a drydock to install the needed equipment.

Didn't she have one in Oct 2019 or was that delayed ? I thought they had to extend the Oct time frame due to weather but I think she still got it ????

19 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Didn't she have one in Oct 2019 or was that delayed ? I thought they had to extend the Oct time frame due to weather but I think she still got it ????

29 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

She was dry docked in 2014 and 2019.  She extended her 2019 dry dock causing her first cruise after dry dock on Feb. 24, 2019 to be cancelled.  This was her "amplification".

I think when a ship reaches 20 years old they lose the 5 year waiver and must dry dock twice within 5 years from that point forward.  If I am interpreting that correctly she will need to dry dock before 2024, possibly in 2021 or early 2022 but likely before 2023.

1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

There is month-long gap in her schedule - February 2022. I don't know if that's significant. Could be charters but perhaps also time to install the equipment you mention? 

Edited by FionaMG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

We sailed Azure of the Seas a couple times before Viking Serenade...so many memories on that ship because that's where I turned my kids into addicts too :classic_ohmy:

Fingers crossed we'll finally get RCI back to our coast even for a little while.

Is there anything definite for California yet? And we are thinking Fall 2022? That would work! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Is there anything definite for California yet? And we are thinking Fall 2022? That would work! :classic_biggrin:

So far only the Serenade Pacific coast & Panama Canal ... I'm booked on the PC and so excited and looking forward to anything else out of San Pedro.

• Thanks 1