Jump to content

Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins


Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Cruisertoday said:

Not sure if this means anything but she is scheduled almost every Wednesday in Catalina from April 2022. 

and the C&A and regular Royal Facebook page posted a picture of Cabo San Lucas a few days ago....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

 

Won't be the first time.......😁

 

Had a fellow CC member one time, many years ago, that was going to be in that cabin the week after I was while doing a southbound Radiance Alaska cruise.  I told her I would leave my extra Alaska coupons under the mat in the safe.  She later posted she got them, and used some. 😉 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Grandeur's April 2022 10 Repo Barbados to Galveston is Available! All Aft Deck 7 Jr Suites open including the desirable Aft Corners. No requirement for 3 or even 2 in the 3/4 Cabin's...too bad already have 2 Cruises booked over same dates.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Test Load Long/Seasonal Caribbean Fall2022-Spring2023 for release next week. Looks like we have Grandeur out of Miami. Vision going out of Ft Lauderdale... In end that's lot of Ships Sailing out of US next year Winter

Edited by ONECRUISER
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dawnelda said:

Anybody know where the Navigator will be in Winter 2022/Spring 2023? In fact I can't find any sailings beyond April 2022.

Cruisertoday  mentioned this a few posts back:

 

“Not sure if this means anything but she is scheduled almost every Wednesday in Catalina from April 2022.”

 

So some are hoping for California.

 

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Cruisertoday  mentioned this a few posts back:

 

“Not sure if this means anything but she is scheduled almost every Wednesday in Catalina from April 2022.”

 

So some are hoping for California.

 

Maybe and release next week under "Other"

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Beachammo said:

Passed on the Serenade PC cruise as we are hopefully doing a similar 11 night on Vision in January 2022. But....I did book a b2b on the Serenade starting January 28th, 2023. A few new ports for us.....and Coco.

 

Grabbed 9256 too.....😏

 

I am booked on a Serenade b3b Jan.14, 18, and 28, so I'll be joining you. I just wish the ship was going to do a partial Canal transit, but I'm satisfied with the itinerary.

 

18 hours ago, rockmom said:

and the C&A and regular Royal Facebook page posted a picture of Cabo San Lucas a few days ago....

 

I noticed the same thing and wondered about the choice of photos.

 

6 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Maybe and release next week under "Other"

 

I'll be watching.  Please post if you see anything.  It's been 10 years since we had a ship home-ported in California.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Cruisertoday  mentioned this a few posts back:

 

“Not sure if this means anything but she is scheduled almost every Wednesday in Catalina from April 2022.”

 

So some are hoping for California.

 

Thank you. I wonder if it would be sailing from Los Angeles or San Diego?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Either works for me -- I live between LA and San Diego.

 

Maybe your cruising prayers have been answered!!!!!!!!

 

Hope all is well with you and are able to get your vaccine shots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

 

I am booked on a Serenade b3b Jan.14, 18, and 28, so I'll be joining you. I just wish the ship was going to do a partial Canal transit, but I'm satisfied with the itinerary.

 

 

I noticed the same thing and wondered about the choice of photos.

 

 

I'll be watching.  Please post if you see anything.  It's been 10 years since we had a ship home-ported in California.

Yes, never Cruised out California but with Son living there and half the year I'm in Az looking forward

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

 

I am booked on a Serenade b3b Jan.14, 18, and 28, so I'll be joining you. I just wish the ship was going to do a partial Canal transit, but I'm satisfied with the itinerary.

 

 

I noticed the same thing and wondered about the choice of photos.

 

 

I'll be watching.  Please post if you see anything.  It's been 10 years since we had a ship home-ported in California.

And was why I was quick to grab the Serenade PC Oct 2022 out of San Pedro ... so excited to sail from my home port again after many years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yes, never Cruised out California but with Son living there and half the year I'm in Az looking forward

This is where our addiction started in the early 1990's...such an easy drive.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

Either works for me -- I live between LA and San Diego.

They can do either but my guess would be San Pedro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Schedule says March 15th for release of Hawaii and Australia.  Will that include spring of 2023 TP as well?  

 

We were on the Quantum for 2022, but it was canceled and still want to do a TP.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Ashland said:

This is where our addiction started in the early 1990's...such an easy drive.

Although I started cruising in 1980, the Viking Serenade was the first Royal cruise with my daughters. I was living in SD at the time, before the PNW, but at least my oldest daughter ended up back down there. 
 

Although I would love a SD departure, I think it would be San Pedro also. I’m just hoping it all comes to fruition eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if Navigator is scheduled for a drydock in the next year?

It is my understanding that a ship can only port in California 5 times per year unless they can connect to show power.  Last I heard no Royal ships had that capability.  I believe it might require a drydock to install the needed equipment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

Although I started cruising in 1980, the Viking Serenade was the first Royal cruise with my daughters. I was living in SD at the time, before the PNW, but at least my oldest daughter ended up back down there. 
 

Although I would love a SD departure, I think it would be San Pedro also. I’m just hoping it all comes to fruition eventually.

We sailed Azure of the Seas a couple times before Viking Serenade...so many memories on that ship because that's where I turned my kids into addicts too :classic_ohmy:

 

Fingers crossed we'll finally get RCI back to our coast even for a little while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Does anyone know if Navigator is scheduled for a drydock in the next year?

It is my understanding that a ship can only port in California 5 times per year unless they can connect to show power.  Last I heard no Royal ships had that capability.  I believe it might require a drydock to install the needed equipment.

Didn't she have one in Oct 2019 or was that delayed ? I thought they had to extend the Oct time frame due to weather but I think she still got it ????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Didn't she have one in Oct 2019 or was that delayed ? I thought they had to extend the Oct time frame due to weather but I think she still got it ????

 

29 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

Does anyone know if Navigator is scheduled for a drydock in the next year?

It is my understanding that a ship can only port in California 5 times per year unless they can connect to show power.  Last I heard no Royal ships had that capability.  I believe it might require a drydock to install the needed equipment.

 

She was dry docked in 2014 and 2019.  She extended her 2019 dry dock causing her first cruise after dry dock on Feb. 24, 2019 to be cancelled.  This was her "amplification".

 

I think when a ship reaches 20 years old they lose the 5 year waiver and must dry dock twice within 5 years from that point forward.  If I am interpreting that correctly she will need to dry dock before 2024, possibly in 2021 or early 2022 but likely before 2023.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blizzard54 said:

Does anyone know if Navigator is scheduled for a drydock in the next year?

It is my understanding that a ship can only port in California 5 times per year unless they can connect to show power.  Last I heard no Royal ships had that capability.  I believe it might require a drydock to install the needed equipment.

There is month-long gap in her schedule - February 2022. I don't know if that's significant. Could be charters but perhaps also time to install the equipment you mention? 

Edited by FionaMG
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ashland said:

We sailed Azure of the Seas a couple times before Viking Serenade...so many memories on that ship because that's where I turned my kids into addicts too :classic_ohmy:

 

Fingers crossed we'll finally get RCI back to our coast even for a little while.

Is there anything definite for California yet? And we are thinking Fall 2022? That would work! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Is there anything definite for California yet? And we are thinking Fall 2022? That would work! :classic_biggrin:

So far only the Serenade Pacific coast & Panama Canal ... I'm booked on the PC and so excited and looking forward to anything else out of San Pedro.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Virgin Voyages. It's Go Time
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...