Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

Back when I first saw Panama Canal disappear all 12 night or longer cruises disappeared.  Other weird stuff, Serenade had only 3 months with cruises.   Then they all came back a few minutes later.  That's how I found the Radiance Canal - I had the 12+ night filter on.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

Back when I first saw Panama Canal disappear all 12 night or longer cruises disappeared.  Other weird stuff, Serenade had only 3 months with cruises.   Then they all came back a few minutes later.  That's how I found the Radiance Canal - I had the 12+ night filter on.

For minute I twice clicked on all available, number was 53 instead of now current 508 Cruises, same as was this am. Sad thing is every year after new released dates usual number is 850+...

Edited by ONECRUISER

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Looks like multiple Trial Loads for next week. Only one know so far is 9niters on Radiance Sydney RT, Feb 21, 2023

Don't try to book it.  I got all the way to payment section, then website glitched.  

Called D+ desk CS on the phone...took her 20 minutes to come back to tell me it was listed online by mistake.  Said it will still be days...if not weeks before 2023 Aussie season is available to book.  

• Like 1

Discussions here about Serenade and Radiance current positions vis a vis Australia cruising in 2022 and 2023.  With Radiance scheduled for Florida and Alaska cruises in 2022 she'll have to repo to Florida by next fall and evidently will return to normal pattern crossing back to Australia after Alaska for 2023.  And Serenade is scheduled for late 2021 and 2022 in Sydney with repo to Singapore followed by Alaska sailings and trans-canal to Tampa for 2023 sailings.  It would be a lot to upend if Radiance took over Serenade's 2022 schedules in Sydney.  

57 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Discussions here about Serenade and Radiance current positions vis a vis Australia cruising in 2022 and 2023.  With Radiance scheduled for Florida and Alaska cruises in 2022 she'll have to repo to Florida by next fall and evidently will return to normal pattern crossing back to Australia after Alaska for 2023.  And Serenade is scheduled for late 2021 and 2022 in Sydney with repo to Singapore followed by Alaska sailings and trans-canal to Tampa for 2023 sailings.  It would be a lot to upend if Radiance took over Serenade's 2022 schedules in Sydney.  

I am booked on Serenade B2B December 2022.  As is Gary (Cruise Wizard for B5B).  Those cruises are out of Tampa.  Which indeed leaves me to believe (even though it was false start) that Radiance is doing Sydney 2023 spring run.  

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am booked on Serenade B2B December 2022.  As is Gary (Cruise Wizard for B5B).  Those cruises are out of Tampa.  Which indeed leaves me to believe (even though it was false start) that Radiance is doing Sydney 2023 spring run.  

I also booked Serenade from Tampa, but mine's in January 2023.  My comments were based on speculation about Serenade and Radiance's current positions and plans for late 2021 and early 2022.  See post 1484.

Edited by MindyJohn
  • Like 1

Navigator is supposed to be in LA June 2022.

There speculation as how it can get there from the Caribbean.

Some say it is to high to go through the Panama Canal.

That leaves around the bottom of South America or around the world through the Suez Canal.

Serenade leaves sydney early in the 2021-2022 season March?

That only leaves Ovation in Sydney for the end of the season.

We might see navigator in Sydney March,April ,May And then on to LA for a start in June.

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

That leaves around the bottom of South America or around the world through the Suez Canal.

We might see navigator in Sydney March,April ,May And then on to LA for a start in June.

Regardless how she reaches LA the challenge for going down under is the Lions Gate bridge in Vancouver.  If she truly does have an air draft of 210' as reported in this Florida Port Study then she can't make Vancouver. 

If so, that complicates the traditional Vancouver to Hawaii start of the trip down under.  Vancouver is used to stay legal with respect to the PVSA.

59 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Why the big gap of no cruises in February on Navigator?

I have just had a quick look at port bookings and can not find anything that relates to Navigator coming here to Oz.

I did suggest a few weeks ago a Europe dry dock then pick the crew up on the way.

If Navigator goes via South America or Suez Canal I think it will be without passengers. 

Edited by springaussie

9 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Why the big gap of no cruises in February on Navigator?

I have just had a quick look at port bookings and can not find anything that relates to Navigator coming here to Oz.

I did suggest a few weeks ago a Europe dry dock then pick the crew up on the way.

If Navigator goes via South America or Suez Canal I think it will be without passengers. 

It was suggested she has a technical dry dock.  She's getting up there, soon will need two dry docks every five years.  The suggestion I saw was that gap was the start of that.  

It also may be to install shore power capability required for California.  Possible to lower her stacks somehow.  That's venturing more into speculation.  

Suez would be a really long way to California.  Over 18,000 NM and something around 2 months of non-stop sailing.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Regardless how she reaches LA the challenge for going down under is the Lions Gate bridge in Vancouver.  If she truly does have an air draft of 210' as reported in this Florida Port Study then she can't make Vancouver. 

If so, that complicates the traditional Vancouver to Hawaii start of the trip down under.  Vancouver is used to stay legal with respect to the PVSA.

In the press release there’s no mention of Vancouver.

Short trips to Mexico with some extended to 7 days.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1506/stealing-the-spotlight-royal-caribbean-reveals-new-west-coast-adventures-from-los-angeles/

Edited by Chiliburn

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

In the press release there’s no mention of Vancouver.

Short trips to Mexico with some extended to 7 days.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1506/stealing-the-spotlight-royal-caribbean-reveals-new-west-coast-adventures-from-los-angeles/

Then I guess you won't be seeing her in Australia.

I think the cat was let out of the bag when RCI listed Radiance and Ovation for 2023 in Australia.  Radiance was listed for the 2/21/23 Sydney for a couple of days online, but could not complete reservation.  Agent told me it was a premature, only holding it up until they could set up the promos and dining times.  

Anxiously looking each day for Aussie 2023.  Not showing online now.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I think the cat was let out of the bag when RCI listed Radiance and Ovation for 2023 in Australia.  Radiance was listed for the 2/21/23 Sydney for a couple of days online, but could not complete reservation.  Agent told me it was a premature, only holding it up until they could set up the promos and dining times.  

Anxiously looking each day for Aussie 2023.  Not showing online now.  

Re-think coming with Mean Mary and me on the Jewel..............just sayin!!!!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

Re-think coming with Mean Mary and me on the Jewel..............just sayin!!!!!!

LOL...it's not me you have to convince...I am already with you on that.  😊  Bucky is actually going over the route we would have been on daily.  He said we were supposed to be cruising the fiords south island NZ right now.  Sigh....everyday he looks at it and tells me where we "would have been".  

I don't think I am going to get him off this Aussie bucket list dream anytime soon.  Bad enough we have to wait until 2023 now.  🥺  But...since he is paying the bill...I will happily book what he wants.  😉 

12 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

I just read that RCCL will homeport Vision of the Seas in Bermuda with sailing June - August for 7 night cruises with an overnight in Bermuda and one port Coco Cay? Bookings will open on 3/29. Vaccinations are required and PCR test for those 18 and under.

Thank you but this is not related to the topic of this thread. We discuss the new 2022-2023 itineraries here. You can find several other threads yesterday on the discussion of Vision back to service in Bermuda this summer.

26 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Thank you but this is not related to the topic of this thread. We discuss the new 2022-2023 itineraries here. You can find several other threads yesterday on the discussion of Vision back to service in Bermuda this summer.

Thank you for pointing this out............I sincerely apologize.

• Like 2