Deployment 2022-23 booking season begins

16 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I know it is a bit early for the Deployment 2023/24 thread yet but are there any clues yet as to which ships will be on the Transatlantic run in 2023? I know Symphony is due her dry dock then but would be interested to see who else may be heading across the Pond.

I first Icon class ship should be finished Q3 2023.So should get some time in Europe before it heads states side.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I know it is a bit early for the Deployment 2023/24 thread yet but are there any clues yet as to which ships will be on the Transatlantic run in 2023? I know Symphony is due her dry dock then but would be interested to see who else may be heading across the Pond.

It's interesting that Symphony of the Seas is currently headed for Cadiz, Spain. Due to arrive 5/20/2021, according to marinetraffic.com. Wonder if they can or will do some work early? That would seem odd given their cash crunch. Long way to go for nothing, unless they are going to sail it from Europe this summer??

mac_tlc

1 hour ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Hi Clodagh

Symphony is en-route to Cadiz for a dry dock just now. Followed by Liberty.

I think everything is a bit upside down and a lot of changes coming

46 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

That would seem odd given their cash crunch.

The O class azipods seem to need work more often than the usual 5 year dry docks - necessary work, regardless of cash crunch.

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

It's interesting that Symphony of the Seas is currently headed for Cadiz, Spain. Due to arrive 5/20/2021, according to marinetraffic.com. Wonder if they can or will do some work early? That would seem odd given their cash crunch. Long way to go for nothing, unless they are going to sail it from Europe this summer??

mac_tlc

She is heading over to have her mandatory  24-30 month inspection which can be done without having to use a drydock however given that they are no5 sailing Roysl may also be doing some preventative maintenance on the azipods which have caused issues on other OA class ships. 

this cannot replace any of the required 5 year drydock requirements. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

She is heading over to have her mandatory  24-30 month inspection which can be done without having to use a drydock however given that they are no5 sailing Roysl may also be doing some preventative maintenance on the azipods which have caused issues on other OA class ships. 

this cannot replace any of the required 5 year drydock requirements. 

Thanks

Didn't realise that about Symphony.

That means it will be back over in 2023.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Am I the only one seeing Rhapsody of the seas registered in Cannes and Villefrance in 2022?

And that's not old listings. Also on the 5th of May 2022 it is in Gibraltar.

It seems they are currently thinking about a new route as you can see Serenade will do a similar Central Med itinerary in 2023 according to port listings.

Maybe it will be sold?

Or maybe the listings mean nothing and all its cruises will continue as planned. 😉

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 10:57 PM, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Am I the only one seeing Rhapsody of the seas registered in Cannes and Villefrance in 2022?

And that's not old listings. Also on the 5th of May 2022 it is in Gibraltar.

It seems they are currently thinking about a new route as you can see Serenade will do a similar Central Med itinerary in 2023 according to port listings.

Maybe it will be sold?

Or maybe the listings mean nothing and all its cruises will continue as planned. 😉

Confirmed redeployment

Royal Caribbean International’s Rhapsody of the Seas will be redeployed to Europe in May 22, replacing previously announced Caribbean itineraries with a mix of new itineraries departing from Greece, Italy, Spain and Israel.

Joining the cruise line’s previously announced European lineup, including the Anthem of the Seas and the Odyssey of the Seas, the Rhapsody expands on a summer, the company said, with 25 must-see destinations in the Greek Isles, southern France, Italy, Turkey, Croatia and more.

The new summer 2022 sailings on Rhapsody will open for sales today.

Starting on May 23, the Rhapsody will set off into summer with open-jaw seven-night cruises departing from Rome and Ravenna, Italy; Athens, Greece; and Barcelona, Spain.

Guests have their choice of a combination of Greek and Adriatic, Greek Isles and Western Mediterranean itineraries that feature ports of call, such as Split, Croatia; Cannes and Nice, France; Crete and Mykonos, Greece and Florence and Sicily, Italy.

In August Rhapsody moves to Israel, where it will homeport in Haifa – a first for the cruise line – through Oct. 31, sailing three- to eight-night itineraries, round-trip to Greece and Cyprus.

• Thanks 1

Just got a cancellation email from Royal for my April 26, 2022 booking on Quantum from Honolulu to Vancouver.

"Our original plan for Quantum of the Seas was to begin offering sailings departing from Brisbane, Australia beginning October 30, 2022. However, we’ve decided that Quantum of the Seas will remain in Singapore instead. Unfortunately, this means your sailing will be cancelled."

5 minutes ago, MindyJohn said:

Just got a cancellation email from Royal for my April 26, 2022 booking on Quantum from Honolulu to Vancouver.

"Our original plan for Quantum of the Seas was to begin offering sailings departing from Brisbane, Australia beginning October 30, 2022. However, we’ve decided that Quantum of the Seas will remain in Singapore instead. Unfortunately, this means your sailing will be cancelled."

Unfortunately Royal pulled around 30 Cruises yesterday Morning. Sorry

1 hour ago, MindyJohn said:

Sorry you got cancelled @MindyJohn.  But now that you are free sure come on the Allure TA instead! 😉

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

That sure looks like the Quantum 2022 Alaska season is in doubt.  

Any inside info on Radiance of the Seas? We're booked for the Oct 1 '21 Panama Canal cruise. Radiance is currently on her way from Singapore to the Suez Canal. If she was coming to the West Coast I question why she's taking the long route and not the TransPacific. 

Radiance.JPG

31 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

That sure looks like the Quantum 2022 Alaska season is in doubt.  

Yes, unless they do a trans-Pacific from Singapore to Seattle.  Guess we have to wait and see.

46 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Any inside info on Radiance of the Seas? We're booked for the Oct 1 '21 Panama Canal cruise. Radiance is currently on her way from Singapore to the Suez Canal. If she was coming to the West Coast I question why she's taking the long route and not the TransPacific. 

Radiance.JPG

Radiance PC was pulled from Royal site for Months, like many longer sailings, she just reappeared week ago for new Bookings. Maybe a good sign

4 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Radiance PC was pulled from Royal site for Months, like many longer sailings, she just reappeared week ago for new Bookings. Maybe a good sign

Could be but it magically appeared 3 days before final payment. What a coincidence.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

Yes, unless they do a trans-Pacific from Singapore to Seattle.  Guess we have to wait and see.

That could be a possibility.  I would be surprised if they skipped the 2022 Alaska season.  I have 3 weeks booked.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

We booked the May 10 Rhapsody MIA to Rome anticipating losing our OZ and Hawaii cruises next year.  Come on over and join us!!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 10:54 AM, MindyJohn said:

"Our original plan for Quantum of the Seas was to begin offering sailings departing from Brisbane, Australia beginning October 30, 2022. However, we’ve decided that Quantum of the Seas will remain in Singapore instead. for , this means your sailing will be cancelled."

Oh poop!!!!

We are scheduled on the Celebrity Eclipse from Honolulu to Vancouver (5/4/22) for 11 nights and then doing a S2S with the Serenade (5/15) for a 7 night Alaska............but who knows now what the heck is going to happen????? A game or 2 of TRASH just might break out on those sea days - think about it!!!!!!

• Like 1