Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't know if I'm crazy or not, but I have just booked a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Bliss in Suite 18108. Traveling with another couple (my brother). When Covid struck we were on a 30-day South Pacific Cruise an we were glued to the TV. I'm hoping that my 2021 cruise is far enough out that the virus will be mitigated by then. (I hope.). I canceled our Ireland/Scotland cruise because we didn't want the long flight from LAX to Europe (and back). The Mex Riv cruise doesn't require any flights for us - R/T Los Angeles. I have never been on the Bliss. I think the last time I cruised NCL we were on the Jewel several years back. I'm a Platinum member just a few more points to Plus. I hope I'm not the only crazy one out there who's booking cruises amid a pandemic!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You are not the only one!  We have the Breakaway booked for May 2021 (booked prepandemic) and we have the Bliss Panama Canal in February 2022 (booked using FCC) and are booking a third this weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have been on both the Bliss and Breakaway in Suites, you will enjoy, even if not in Suite.  At least we did. Have no idea what cruising will be like in future, but having something to look forward to is priceless right now!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 7SeasLover said:

I'm hoping that my 2021 cruise is far enough out that the virus will be mitigated by then. (I hope.).

Hope away, but also consider facts. Even if the virus is mitigated and NCL begins sailing, they have announced a phased startup approach. During the investor call last week, they stated they would not be fully ramped up until 2q 2021 under the most optimistic circumstances.

 

8 hours ago, 7SeasLover said:

I hope I'm not the only crazy one out there who's booking cruises amid a pandemic!

Hope some more. You aren't. As evidenced by the replies in this thread, you have plenty of company.....a safety in numbers approach, right?

 

Expecting a cruise to sail in 1Q 2021 is strictly a gamble at this point by NCLs admission.

 

As long as you are well prepared for the cancellation of your cruise or the inconveniences and complications that will be associated with the "new" cruise experience plus the significant health risks and associated financial risks of taking a cruise during or near a time of pandemic when international travel is being advised against, sail away!! You might pack some extra reading materials in the likely event you are put into quarantine before, during, or after your voyage....

references to Hurtigruten, Paul Gauging, and Seadream.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also thinking of booking that cruise and the one before from Vancouver but I will not actually book until I see the ships up and running.  I've been following a Carnival cruise in Europe for June 2021 for some time and now all the European Carnival cruises for that period seem to be cancelled.  I still have my Getaway in January to cancel before final payment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Hope away, but also consider facts. Even if the virus is mitigated and NCL begins sailing, they have announced a phased startup approach. During the investor call last week, they stated they would not be fully ramped up until 2q 2021 under the most optimistic circumstances.

 

Hope some more. You aren't. As evidenced by the replies in this thread, you have plenty of company.....a safety in numbers approach, right?

 

Expecting a cruise to sail in 1Q 2021 is strictly a gamble at this point by NCLs admission.

 

As long as you are well prepared for the cancellation of your cruise or the inconveniences and complications that will be associated with the "new" cruise experience plus the significant health risks and associated financial risks of taking a cruise during or near a time of pandemic when international travel is being advised against, sail away!! You might pack some extra reading materials in the likely event you are put into quarantine before, during, or after your voyage....

references to Hurtigruten, Paul Gauging, and Seadream.


There is no international travel advisory at this time, it was lifted (yesterday no less):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2020/08/07/state-dept-lifted-its-blanket-international-travel-advisory-what-does-that-mean-americans/

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 7SeasLover said:

I don't know if I'm crazy or not, but I have just booked a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Bliss in Suite 18108. Traveling with another couple (my brother). When Covid struck we were on a 30-day South Pacific Cruise an we were glued to the TV. I'm hoping that my 2021 cruise is far enough out that the virus will be mitigated by then. (I hope.). I canceled our Ireland/Scotland cruise because we didn't want the long flight from LAX to Europe (and back). The Mex Riv cruise doesn't require any flights for us - R/T Los Angeles. I have never been on the Bliss. I think the last time I cruised NCL we were on the Jewel several years back. I'm a Platinum member just a few more points to Plus. I hope I'm not the only crazy one out there who's booking cruises amid a pandemic!

 

Good for you.

 

Currently, at least, anyone can do what they want.  👍

 

We enjoyed the Bliss (2nd cruise) last fall 21-D from LA to NY via PC.  Beautiful ship.  Lucked out with the Haven, but the Thermal Spa, Observation deck, etc. on Bliss are tops.

 

Hopefully, C19 will be behind us; if not, hopefully Point of Care (Rapid, high % reliable) will be available to the cruise lines (terminals and ships) by then (as well as airports, hotels, etc.).  This was noted recently during CL virtual meeting as well as addressed by MSC in their protocols for their upcoming August attempted cruises in the Med.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EllieinNJ said:

I am also thinking of booking that cruise and the one before from Vancouver but I will not actually book until I see the ships up and running.  I've been following a Carnival cruise in Europe for June 2021 for some time and now all the European Carnival cruises for that period seem to be cancelled.  I still have my Getaway in January to cancel before final payment.

This is what we want to do as well! We live in Seattle so just flights back from LA. Hope to see you there! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At least I booked it for the last Q of '21. We don't plan on leaving the ship and most likely will just stay in the Haven area. My brother just saw my email that I booked the 4 of us on the trip and he's a go. At least we have something to look forward to. Until then we remain in our houses (we're all in our 70's). 

 

The fun part for me is the pre-cruise planning. Although with this pandemic I think my planning will consist of shorts, t-shirts and a whole lot of card playing in our room! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the "Panama Canal" cruise November 29 - Dec. 15, 2020 from Miami to Los Angeles.

 I hope that it may still go, even with reduced capacity, mask wearing , etc...

 

We did this same itinerary on its maiden "Panama Canal" cruise in May of 2018 and we had a BLAST!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have the Bliss booked for Feb 2021 for my 75th but we have the odds are 30% go and 70% no go! We are awaiting improvements in Covid in Miami but they just don’t seem to get it! Have to say the anticipation and joy of having a cruise booked is wonderful! Puzzled by the pricing as it’s gone up quite a bit since we paid our deposit! Cruising is the ultimate vacation!



Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...