Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What will be appropriate mask attire on Royal for formal night? Will it be black only? Any good options for the ladies? I sure hope they don’t let people into the dining room wearing those cheap disposable masks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

What will be appropriate mask attire on Royal for formal night? Will it be black only? Any good options for the ladies? I sure hope they don’t let people into the dining room wearing those cheap disposable masks. 

How about a Mask-querade Ball?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

What will be appropriate mask attire on Royal for formal night? Will it be black only? Any good options for the ladies? I sure hope they don’t let people into the dining room wearing those cheap disposable masks. 

What difference does it make? People don't dress up the way they used to anymore. Besides, the blue mask goes with about everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Heymarco said:

What will be appropriate mask attire on Royal for formal night? Will it be black only? Any good options for the ladies? I sure hope they don’t let people into the dining room wearing those cheap disposable masks. 

The disposable mask's are fine by me...wherever/as long as their worn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is just my experience, but all the people I've seen wearing 'fashionable' face coverings and have multiple options to match their outfit, have invariably chosen the mask for a look rather than effectiveness. Any covering is better than nothing, but it's a functional item, not a fashion item. If you can combine the two that's great, but remember to prioritise function.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

What difference does it make? People don't dress up the way they used to anymore.

 

Exactly! Perhaps a fancy mask will be their only nod to formal night, much in the way that some wear a t-shirt with a tux printed on it 😄

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 If you want to wear a disposable mask on formal night please eat in the buffet. Don't ruin the dining experience for others who want wear a formal mask. Yes I had to go there....😜   I wonder if Royal Caribbean will have a smart/casual and a formal sea-face mask to sell.  

Edited by Iamcruzin
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

 If you want to wear a disposable mask on formal night please eat in the buffet. Don't ruin the dining experience for others who want wear a formal mask. Yes I had to go there....😜   I wonder if Royal Caribbean will have a smart/casual and a formal sea-face mask to sell.  

 

Here is the windjammer formal night version. A little duct tape on a coffee filter goes a long way.

 

DF567FDF-2444-485D-8CA3-AAFC42E5742F.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

 If you want to wear a disposable mask on formal night please eat in the buffet. Don't ruin the dining experience for others who want wear a formal mask. Yes I had to go there....😜   I wonder if Royal Caribbean will have a smart/casual and a formal sea-face mask to sell.  

As long as their protecting "you" and "other's" around them...Why would it ruin your dining experience? 

It's apparent you're missing the whole purpose of wearing mask's. It's certainly not a fashion accessory.

It's a public health issue....and the disposable ones especially on a cruise would be a lot more sanitary, especially

since they can be easily discarded in your in-cabin trash.

 

You do and feel what you want of course, but don't assume what people wear when trying to be safe, anyone is really

going to feel this has ruined their dinner. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Heymarco said:

What will be appropriate mask attire on Royal for formal night? Will it be black only? Any good options for the ladies? I sure hope they don’t let people into the dining room wearing those cheap disposable masks. 

I would wear my Clayton Moore mask.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is hilarious how many ( mostly women) have made the mask a fashion accessory of their outfit.   It has to match the ensemble.   I bought a few  fashion masks just for fun  and the clerk in the  store started to tell me what to wear with each mask!

 

I pick up a clean mask and am out the door.  When I get home, it goes in the washer,  and the whole process starts again the next day. 

 

Wonder if the ship will add masks to the   laundry list? Actually,  if we cruise and if we wear masks, I'll use disposables.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ashland said:

As long as their protecting "you" and "other's" around them...Why would it ruin your dining experience? 

It's apparent you're missing the whole purpose of wearing mask's. It's certainly not a fashion accessory.

It's a public health issue....and the disposable ones especially on a cruise would be a lot more sanitary, especially

since they can be easily discarded in your in-cabin trash.

 

You do and feel what you want of course, but don't assume what people wear when trying to be safe, anyone is really

going to feel this has ruined their dinner. 

 

I guess you missed the sarcasm. I’m on who dresses smart casual on formal nights and wear shorts the rest of the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...