What will be appropriate mask attire on Royal for formal night? Will it be black only? Any good options for the ladies? I sure hope they don’t let people into the dining room wearing those cheap disposable masks. 

6 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

What will be appropriate mask attire on Royal for formal night? Will it be black only? Any good options for the ladies? I sure hope they don’t let people into the dining room wearing those cheap disposable masks. 

How about a Mask-querade Ball?

2 hours ago, Heymarco said:

What difference does it make? People don't dress up the way they used to anymore. Besides, the blue mask goes with about everything.

3 hours ago, Heymarco said:

The disposable mask's are fine by me...wherever/as long as their worn.

This is just my experience, but all the people I've seen wearing 'fashionable' face coverings and have multiple options to match their outfit, have invariably chosen the mask for a look rather than effectiveness. Any covering is better than nothing, but it's a functional item, not a fashion item. If you can combine the two that's great, but remember to prioritise function.

5 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

What difference does it make? People don't dress up the way they used to anymore.

Exactly! Perhaps a fancy mask will be their only nod to formal night, much in the way that some wear a t-shirt with a tux printed on it 😄

If you want to wear a disposable mask on formal night please eat in the buffet. Don't ruin the dining experience for others who want wear a formal mask. Yes I had to go there....😜   I wonder if Royal Caribbean will have a smart/casual and a formal sea-face mask to sell.  

Edited by Iamcruzin
25 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

If you want to wear a disposable mask on formal night please eat in the buffet. Don't ruin the dining experience for others who want wear a formal mask. Yes I had to go there....😜   I wonder if Royal Caribbean will have a smart/casual and a formal sea-face mask to sell.  

Here is the windjammer formal night version. A little duct tape on a coffee filter goes a long way.

DF567FDF-2444-485D-8CA3-AAFC42E5742F.jpeg

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

As long as their protecting "you" and "other's" around them...Why would it ruin your dining experience? 

It's apparent you're missing the whole purpose of wearing mask's. It's certainly not a fashion accessory.

It's a public health issue....and the disposable ones especially on a cruise would be a lot more sanitary, especially

since they can be easily discarded in your in-cabin trash.

You do and feel what you want of course, but don't assume what people wear when trying to be safe, anyone is really

going to feel this has ruined their dinner. 

15 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I would wear my Clayton Moore mask.

It is hilarious how many ( mostly women) have made the mask a fashion accessory of their outfit.   It has to match the ensemble.   I bought a few  fashion masks just for fun  and the clerk in the  store started to tell me what to wear with each mask!

I pick up a clean mask and am out the door.  When I get home, it goes in the washer,  and the whole process starts again the next day. 

Wonder if the ship will add masks to the   laundry list? Actually,  if we cruise and if we wear masks, I'll use disposables.

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

As long as their protecting "you" and "other's" around them...Why would it ruin your dining experience? 

It's apparent you're missing the whole purpose of wearing mask's. It's certainly not a fashion accessory.

It's a public health issue....and the disposable ones especially on a cruise would be a lot more sanitary, especially

since they can be easily discarded in your in-cabin trash.

You do and feel what you want of course, but don't assume what people wear when trying to be safe, anyone is really

going to feel this has ruined their dinner. 

I guess you missed the sarcasm. I’m on who dresses smart casual on formal nights and wear shorts the rest of the time.