We received the Classic Beverage pkg as part of our booking on Infinity for April of 21. I plan to upgrade mine and was wondering if people saw a significant savings by doing it this far in advance. Would I likely see the same price a few weeks before the cruise (if it even happens)

as I would today. Are either much better than just buying it on board?

I’ll appreciate your thoughts and experiences. 

1 minute ago, DreadPirateRobert said:

We received the Classic Beverage pkg as part of our booking on Infinity for April of 21. I plan to upgrade mine and was wondering if people saw a significant savings by doing it this far in advance. Would I likely see the same price a few weeks before the cruise (if it even happens)

as I would today. Are either much better than just buying it on board?

I’ll appreciate your thoughts and experiences.

Usually, it remains the same unless there is an increase in the price for PBP.

since it may be some time before you sail, from time to time X has a sale on PBP's, I recommend you pull the trigger then.

Cheers and bon voyage

1 hour ago, DreadPirateRobert said:

We received the Classic Beverage pkg as part of our booking on Infinity for April of 21. I plan to upgrade mine and was wondering if people saw a significant savings by doing it this far in advance.

I used to say, to myself:

"Another beverage package post?"

Now I say:

"Thanks for posting!"   😃

Edited by Texed
54 minutes ago, Texed said:

I used to say, to myself:

"Another beverage package post?"

Now I say:

"Thanks for posting!"   😃

😊

The beverage package itself occasionally goes on sale.  However most of the time the discount does not apply to the cost to upgrade.  

Is the cost to upgrade the difference between the currently published prices?  For example on my next cruise in February 🤞the current sale price for premium is $55 and $47 for classic.  Can I upgrade for $8/day + gratuity?  

7 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Is the cost to upgrade the difference between the currently published prices?  For example on my next cruise in February 🤞the current sale price for premium is $55 and $47 for classic.  Can I upgrade for $8/day + gratuity?  

I saw the same thing for one of our cruises.  I called the Captains Club and was told that only the actual Beverage Package was on sale and that the upgrade was still the $10.00 + Gratuity to upgrade.  We were on a cruise a couple of years ago when the upgrade was discounted to $8.00 which is the reason I called.  I guess you can call and ask since there are definitely times where you get different answers from different representatives.

2 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

I saw the same thing for one of our cruises.  I called the Captains Club and was told that only the actual Beverage Package was on sale and that the upgrade was still the $10.00 + Gratuity to upgrade.  We were on a cruise a couple of years ago when the upgrade was discounted to $8.00 which is the reason I called.  I guess you can call and ask since there are definitely times where you get different answers from different representatives.

Thanks,  I'll call on Monday

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Thanks,  I'll call on Monday

Just remember that those upgrades get paid in cash when you order it. Cash out of pocket that would need to be refunded, which you may have to wait for, if the cruise gets cancelled. Or, if X (RC) gets into more financial stress, they might return it as OBC.

Many are advising not to invest more cash in the cruise-booking leapfrogging game!

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

Just remember that those upgrades get paid in cash when you order it. Cash out of pocket that would need to be refunded, which you may have to wait for, if the cruise gets cancelled. Or, if X (RC) gets into more financial stress, they might return it as OBC.

Many are advising not to invest more cash in the cruise-booking leapfrogging game!

Good Advice, but in this case I will be using OBC.