Riviera and Sirena now in the Med

EasyGoingGuy

20 hours ago, EasyGoingGuy said:

For those of us who (occasionally) follow such things... Riviera and Sirena are now in the Med making for La Spezia at a leisurely 12/14 knots.   (#18 thing to do when you're bored... follow empty cruise ships around). 🙄

Does help to pass the time.

We should be on Sirena now,  half way through her cruise from Monaco to Venice.   😥 😥 😥    It was the first time we would have been on Sirena and I doubt if we will ever see her now.   J

• Like 1

cruisemapper.com is another site to see where your favorite ship is now.

My next cruise is Jan. 14, Wind Spirit, in Tahiti. Right now that ship is sailing towards French Polynesia, it is currently docked at Noumea, Fiji. It appears to be heading towards FP. So when you see your ship on the move it may be a good sign that your cruise is a go. That's my hope for Tahiti as Windstar is set to resume those cruises in October.

My next O cruise is not until Aug. 2021 so too soon to be concerned about where Marina is now.

21 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Just to clarify - Noumea is the capital of New Caledonia and is not in Fiji.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nouméa

I did not know that. I have never been there, not on the list of 90 countries I have travelled to so I am not familiar with the area. Hopefully someday I will be able to pick up a Fiji/New Caledonia cruise itinerary from Australia. Princess does these cruises from Brisbane.

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

I did not know that. I have never been there, not on the list of 90 countries I have travelled to so I am not familiar with the area. Hopefully someday I will be able to pick up a Fiji/New Caledonia cruise itinerary from Australia. Princess does these cruises from Brisbane.

We were there on a B2B on Marina 3 or 4 years ago. It was the port stop after we left the NZ, Bay of Islands area. It was a great trip although it was extremely hot. Got on in Sydney and 32 days later flew out of Papeete. 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

We were there on a B2B on Marina 3 or 4 years ago. It was the port stop after we left the NZ, Bay of Islands area. It was a great trip although it was extremely hot. Got on in Sydney and 32 days later flew out of Papeete. 

Sounds like a great itinerary (except all that flying 😀)

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Sounds like a great itinerary (except all that flying 😀)

It wasn't too bad on the way there, Qantas in business from LAX, then coach from PPT to LAX. The back part was through Oceania, miles for the outbound. We flew first from SGF through DFW to LAX on the way there. Since I like to drink the worst(or maybe the best) part was all the time I spent in the lounges before boarding Qantas.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

For those playing along (trapped at home), Nautica apparently took a stoll around the Med and went back to Genoa to be with Marina. Regatta got tired of the high price of rent in LA and is headed to Mexico (Ensenada).  The rest are where 'Cruise Wonderland' had them above.     In my most optimistic mood and fairly bored, I booked a Danube river cruise with some friends a year out.       Obviously time to get to work on the yard and do something useful.

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2020 at 11:43 AM, EasyGoingGuy said:

For those playing along (trapped at home), Nautica apparently took a stoll around the Med and went back to Genoa to be with Marina. Regatta got tired of the high price of rent in LA and is headed to Mexico (Ensenada).  The rest are where 'Cruise Wonderland' had them above.     In my most optimistic mood and fairly bored, I booked a Danube river cruise with some friends a year out.       Obviously time to get to work on the yard and do something useful.

Apparently Regatta is headed to, or perhaps already in, Astoria, Washington.  Someone posted a link to a story on that.  The Astoria port website has some info. I think there are 93 crewmembers on board, all tested free from Covid, and will be allowed off the ship, with monitoring and restrictions. 

The closest international airport is Portland, OR which is 1 hr 48 min away.  So it does seem possible that crew could be bused over there.  Getting Regatta up and ready to cruise will create some challenges since Astoria is a smaller port town.

Did anyone mention they were sending any of those 93 crew members home? I was under the impression that it takes that number to keep the ship up. I'm sure it's all about the cost to port Regatta vs where it was at in LA. 

I've been to Astoria a couple of times, nice little town, don't think I'd want to live there though.