Who will still cruise with Princess...I think many in these groups won’t

Loreni

9 hours ago, resistk said:

There was a reason why Princess was hit hardest by COVID of any cruise line.  I don't trust them to keep my family safe. 

Is that an opinion of yours or something that you have read somewhere or something you have heard from someone who got it from a reliable source or what? I'm referring to your "Princess was the hardest hit by COVID" comment.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers
to clarify my qustion

14 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Is that an opinion of yours or something that you have read somewhere or something you have heard from someone who got it from a reliable source or what? I'm referring to your "Princess was the hardest hit by COVID" comment.

Tom

Diamond Princess, Ruby Princess, Grand Princess,.  Princess was hardest hit by COVID.

Edited by resistk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sunviking82 said:

Your assuming we will be wearing masks and getting tested all the time.  Now is the current normal but a return to normal will occur in the not to distant future.  I have many family members working in the medical and scientific community who know we will have vaccinations, treatments and eventually herd immunity in the next two years.  We will be back to our pre-2020 way before we know it, but maybe more cautious and wary of outbreaks.

Obviously I wrote poorly, but what I meant was that a requirement to wear a mask on a cruise was a deal breaker for me.  The implication of my first sentence was that mask wearing would be required for "a couple years," not forever. 

I personally am not going to predict the availability of a vaccine based on optimistic pronouncements from developers.  Even when final FDA approval is achieved, there will be a massive manufacturing and distribution effort required.  Yes, I know that at least one company has announced that they are proceeding with manufacturing even before completion of Stage 2/3 tests.  I hope it works out.

I truly hope you are correct.  My optimistic target date to get back to cruising is, in fact, 2022.

We are still waiting for $7000 since March 19th. We will not cruise until we get the money back. This is taking way too long to get refunds, but I know that so many folks have so much FCC that a lot will travel to use that up. So many calls to Princess and so long on hold, please just send our money to us so we can forget about the horrible cruise we were on when this all started.

2 hours ago, npcl said:

People said the same things about enforcing masks on airplanes and now we see that they are being enforced to the level of no fly lists, and people being removed from flights.

If the cruise line feels that it will result in fewer COVID issues and will make more people feel safer they will enforce.

I really don't think the comparison can be made.  They time length of most airplane flights is measured in hours.  For cruises we are talking days or weeks or months.  It's one thing to be good for a few hours, it is another thing to be good for days.

However, maybe you're right.  Maybe the cruise lines will change their lax attitude about health rule enforcement, and train their people to have zero tolerance.  A new deck game could be a pool to see how many passengers are put off at each port because of mask violations.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

I really don't think the comparison can be made.  They time length of most airplane flights is measured in hours.  For cruises we are talking days or weeks or months.  It's one thing to be good for a few hours, it is another thing to be good for days.

However, maybe you're right.  Maybe the cruise lines will change their lax attitude about health rule enforcement, and train their people to have zero tolerance.  A new deck game could be a pool to see how many passengers are put off at each port because of mask violations.

Instead of pier runners you could have maskless perp walkers.

• Like 2

Will we cruise Princess again ???   Yes    but it depends

What conditions / restriction have been put in place 

( particularly any which effect enjoyment )

Has the Price gone up.... 

Are they offering out and back cruises like they use to

What ships will they be using...

Once one has answered the above.... then one will decided if one continues cruising

Cheers Don

10 hours ago, skynight said:

You can write a college paper on the subject.

It gave me flashbacks to my dissertation! LOL

Once it is safe, I will Cruise again and I will Cruise with Princess.  I like the experience, love the International Cafe, and have achieved Platinum (hey, I can get on the boat faster).  As a single cruiser I like some familiarity. I’m sure post-COVID cruising will be different but they’ve earned my loyalty.  

43 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Maybe the cruise lines will change their lax attitude about health rule enforcement, and train their people to have zero tolerance. 

We know how well they already enforce current rules such as children in the adult only pools and chair hogs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I will cruise again asap with Princess or other line. Nobody had any idea what this virus was, or how fast it spread. Now they are trying to get a handle on it, and I believe they will. I can't wait to see what happens on the 2 MSC cruises. If they are sucessful, then I can see the same protocols in play here.

• Like 1

We are booked in the Sky Princess TA in April. If we are required to take a Princess excursion to get off at the ports, we won’t sail. I cannot imagine this being the case. Also, we were in the first wave of cancellations, and I think that Princess did and excellent job with refunds - given the situation. We will be happy if the self service buffet disappears, and Princess goes to the Holland America style buffet. Too many men can’t take the time to wash their hands in the men’s room.

Edited by bobluch56

We are booked for Jan 2022, on the Ruby.  It will be our 30th Princess cruise, we have well over 60 cruises on 9 lines over past 30 years.  

I will be cruising Princess again when masks are not longer required, wearing a mask on vacation anywhere is not something I will do.  I will stay home and wait ... 

16 hours ago, caribill said:

We know how well they already enforce current rules such as children in the adult only pools and chair hogs.

Agree.....it would be a risky situation because what are they going to do if a group of passengers refuse to follow guidelines?  There is really little they can do and we have often seen them refuse to enforce their own rules around ship on many cruises we have taken.  It will happen for sure because people already do not want to be told what to do as far as Covid-19 guidelines.  

17 hours ago, resistk said:

Diamond Princess, Ruby Princess, Grand Princess,.  Princess was hardest hit by COVID.

Princess did get hit early, but a portion of that was dues to location of ships, length of cruises, the number of ships, passenger mix, etc.

There is an interest wall street journal article that talks about the actions of the cruise lines after the passengers left when they were dealing with crew.  All of them had major problems.  None of them distinguished themselves in how COVID was handled. The article also gives some insight into the CDC and what they were encountering.

Unfortunately the article requires a WSJ account but for those that can access it:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cruise-ship-coronavirus-workers-adrift-home-pandemic-11597160058

42 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Agree.....it would be a risky situation because what are they going to do if a group of passengers refuse to follow guidelines?  There is really little they can do and we have often seen them refuse to enforce their own rules around ship on many cruises we have taken.  It will happen for sure because people already do not want to be told what to do as far as Covid-19 guidelines.  

I would hope that a rule that could literally mean the difference between life and death for some would be enforced more assertively than those simply about rudeness or greed. Perhaps the cruise lines will become more diligent about enforcing hand washing rules as well. Of course, that's just my hope, not a prediction. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, caribill said:

On our last Princess cruise, we couldn't get the hotel director to enforce their no-cigars rule right next to the toddlers' play area. They gave us a free dinner instead.

Anyway, who wants to sail with a boatload of damn-the-torpedoes types?  Not me.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

I suspect a rule that is intended to create a safe environment and where failing to enforce is more likely to get the cruise line shutdown, or to create a great deal of negative press is one that the cruise lines are much more likely to enforce.

• Like 2