Jump to content

Who will still cruise with Princess...I think many in these groups won’t


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, npcl said:

You can also read the CDC documents and see that the other lines  were keeping them company in demonstrating a lack of competence  Even after they all should have known better after the passengers left.

Agree....it wasn't just Princess.  But maybe we noticed it more since we sail on Princess.
As a matter of fact, we were on the Coral Princess after this and at the end confined to our cabins.  So of course our attention was toward Princess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope to cruise again after the Covid19 situation settles and a vaccine is available. We have rebooked our cancelled Nov 2020 cruise for Nov 2021 and I am optomistic this will be a go.  Also booked for Alaska May 2021 and hopeful on that timing.  I am one who will not cruise if I have to wear a face covering.....I am a  firm believer in wearing them and do so everytime I go out....but just not willing to spend a bunch of money to have to wear one on the ship and in ports while on vacation !

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, resistk said:

Considering that maritime law limits damages for event that occur at sea they had to try and make a claim related to boarding or pre-boarding to bypass those restrictions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on the December 20, 2020 cruise thru the Panama Canal. I have 3 of what they are cosidering the compromised immune systems issues, my weight, my age and I have diabetes. I do not think it will go as I have been watching the cabin bookings BUT if it goes I go. I refuse to live my life in fear. If a vaccine comes that will be great if not then I will go should the ship sail. The only reason I will not go if the ship sails is as one person I read said I will not wear a mask on vacation...............period. I think we can speculate to the cows come home when cruises will resume but it is up to the CDC and cruise lines. I also think it is a persons personal preference whether they sail or not and when. I have friends sailing on a a RCCL cruise over Thanksgiving and the holidays. They think as I do but they are all very healthy. 

We all also live in South Florida one of the epicenters of the virus none of us know anyone that has had the virus and the father is a firefighter paramedic.

I own a company that does direct mail. I can look up on a program I have any zipcode in the United States. I looked up all the zip codes where the virus down here is the worst. It is all the poorer areas where food is not the best, medical treatment is hard o to come by, no good transprotation and there are 8 to 10 people living in one small household.

This is my opinion and fact and I am sticking to it....................lol

Kathy

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I am on the December 20, 2020 cruise thru the Panama Canal. I have 3 of what they are cosidering the compromised immune systems issues, my weight, my age and I have diabetes. I do not think it will go as I have been watching the cabin bookings BUT if it goes I go. I refuse to live my life in fear. If a vaccine comes that will be great if not then I will go should the ship sail. The only reason I will not go if the ship sails is as one person I read said I will not wear a mask on vacation...............period. I think we can speculate to the cows come home when cruises will resume but it is up to the CDC and cruise lines. I also think it is a persons personal preference whether they sail or not and when. I have friends sailing on a a RCCL cruise over Thanksgiving and the holidays. They think as I do but they are all very healthy. 

We all also live in South Florida one of the epicenters of the virus none of us know anyone that has had the virus and the father is a firefighter paramedic.

I own a company that does direct mail. I can look up on a program I have any zipcode in the United States. I looked up all the zip codes where the virus down here is the worst. It is all the poorer areas where food is not the best, medical treatment is hard o to come by, no good transprotation and there are 8 to 10 people living in one small household.

This is my opinion and fact and I am sticking to it....................lol

Kathy

 

it's an opinion for sure and that's about all.....it's been in some of the best areas too like the Whitehouse and Congress......I hope the Covid-19 deniers get to cruise first and enjoy their quarantine vacation at sea.....😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rabin1 said:

I am on the December 20, 2020 cruise thru the Panama Canal. I have 3 of what they are cosidering the compromised immune systems issues, my weight, my age and I have diabetes. I do not think it will go as I have been watching the cabin bookings BUT if it goes I go. I refuse to live my life in fear. If a vaccine comes that will be great if not then I will go should the ship sail. The only reason I will not go if the ship sails is as one person I read said I will not wear a mask on vacation...............period. I think we can speculate to the cows come home when cruises will resume but it is up to the CDC and cruise lines. I also think it is a persons personal preference whether they sail or not and when. I have friends sailing on a a RCCL cruise over Thanksgiving and the holidays. They think as I do but they are all very healthy. 

We all also live in South Florida one of the epicenters of the virus none of us know anyone that has had the virus and the father is a firefighter paramedic.

I own a company that does direct mail. I can look up on a program I have any zipcode in the United States. I looked up all the zip codes where the virus down here is the worst. It is all the poorer areas where food is not the best, medical treatment is hard o to come by, no good transprotation and there are 8 to 10 people living in one small household.

This is my opinion and fact and I am sticking to it....................lol

Kathy

Just to show that this does not just impact the poor let me put down a couple of names

 

Herman Cain

Nick Codero

Brandis Kemp

Chris Trousdale

Roy Horn

Annie Glenn

Ty Chijioke

Fredrick Thomas

Tim Brook-Taylor

John Prine.

 

These are names (and there are quite a few more) of celebrities that died from COVID.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would go.  ❤️  But you all are beating a dead horse and saying the same things over and over.

Yes, we will probably have to have a vaccine in place first.  Yes, the ships will have to be less than full.  Yes, there will be different protocols in place.  Yes, ports of call will be limited.

Yada yada yada. 

I would love to get back to cruising.  I have 5 currently booked.  Trying to be optimistic towards this and everything else I love to do.

If we don't see a better future, then we better all just jump off a building now.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

How do you suggest they handle the anti vac bunch?

They don’t get to cruise.  Just like when I flew to the Amazonian region of Brazil I had to show proof of typhoid vaccination 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, npcl said:

Just to show that this does not just impact the poor let me put down a couple of names

 

Herman Cain

Nick Codero

Brandis Kemp

Chris Trousdale

Roy Horn

Annie Glenn

Ty Chijioke

Fredrick Thomas

Tim Brook-Taylor

John Prine.

 

These are names (and there are quite a few more) of celebrities that died from COVID.

Back in February I stopped posting on CC. The reason is quite a number of peoples inability to read or comprehend what they have read. Apparently with my one post today things have not changed.

 

No where in my post did I say that the virus only impacts poor people. I am going to post what I said again in the hopes it will be understood this time.

here is what I said."I own a company that does direct mail. I can look up on a program I have any zipcode in the United States. I looked up all the zip codes where the virus down here is the worst. It is all the poorer areas where food is not the best, medical treatment is hard o to come by, no good transprotation and there are 8 to 10 people living in one small household."

 

What that means is I will say it for those that did not understand. I said I looked up the zip codes the state posted with the most cases of the virus here in South Florida. When I did I said what I said in my post which is the truth. I know the area down area because of my business and those areas are exactly what I said in my post. Hopefully this clarifys what I said

Thank you

Kathy

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Back in February I stopped posting on CC. The reason is quite a number of peoples inability to read or comprehend what they have read. Apparently with my one post today things have not changed.

 

No where in my post did I say that the virus only impacts poor people. I am going to post what I said again in the hopes it will be understood this time.

here is what I said."I own a company that does direct mail. I can look up on a program I have any zipcode in the United States. I looked up all the zip codes where the virus down here is the worst. It is all the poorer areas where food is not the best, medical treatment is hard o to come by, no good transprotation and there are 8 to 10 people living in one small household."

 

What that means is I will say it for those that did not understand. I said I looked up the zip codes the state posted with the most cases of the virus here in South Florida. When I did I said what I said in my post which is the truth. I know the area down area because of my business and those areas are exactly what I said in my post. Hopefully this clarifys what I said

Thank you

Kathy

You may not be saying it but the implication is certainly there. There is certainly the implication that one does not have to worry if they don't live in the poor areas.

 

From your original post

 

We all also live in South Florida one of the epicenters of the virus none of us know anyone that has had the virus and the father is a firefighter paramedic.

 

 I looked up all the zip codes where the virus down here is the worst. It is all the poorer areas where food is not the best, medical treatment is hard o to come by, no good transprotation and there are 8 to 10 people living in one small household.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Back in February I stopped posting on CC. The reason is quite a number of peoples inability to read or comprehend what they have read. Apparently with my one post today things have not changed.

Kathy

 

I think you should really reconsider what you concluded in February and act accordingly......you are right......😇

Edited by PrincessLuver
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, npcl said:

You may not be saying it but the implication is certainly there. There is certainly the implication that one does not have to worry if they don't live in the poor areas.

 

From your original post

 

We all also live in South Florida one of the epicenters of the virus none of us know anyone that has had the virus and the father is a firefighter paramedic.

 

 I looked up all the zip codes where the virus down here is the worst. It is all the poorer areas where food is not the best, medical treatment is hard o to come by, no good transprotation and there are 8 to 10 people living in one small household.

I didn't make up the top zip codes where the virus is the worst the Health Dept of the State of Florida did. I just wanted to see where they were located so I looked them up. The reason was I wanted to see if there was anything I could do to help besides the food donations. The lines down here are horrible. I feel sorry for so many people........I hope this virus dies a horrible death

Kathy

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

Back in February I stopped posting on CC. The reason is quite a number of peoples inability to read or comprehend what they have read. Apparently with my one post today things have not changed.

 

 

Funny,  I had stopped reading CC because I understood what people were saying, even if they didn't.  And it scared me.

Edited by latserrof
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

Back in February I stopped posting on CC. The reason is quite a number of peoples inability to read or comprehend what they have read. Apparently with my one post today things have not changed.

 

No where in my post did I say that the virus only impacts poor people. I am going to post what I said again in the hopes it will be understood this time.

here is what I said."I own a company that does direct mail. I can look up on a program I have any zipcode in the United States. I looked up all the zip codes where the virus down here is the worst. It is all the poorer areas where food is not the best, medical treatment is hard o to come by, no good transprotation and there are 8 to 10 people living in one small household."

 

What that means is I will say it for those that did not understand. I said I looked up the zip codes the state posted with the most cases of the virus here in South Florida. When I did I said what I said in my post which is the truth. I know the area down area because of my business and those areas are exactly what I said in my post. Hopefully this clarifys what I said

Thank you

Kathy

I can read and understand quite well, thank you.  I can spell too! I’m here to talk about cruising, not read poorly worded opinions based upon your zip code “research”.  Maybe you should consider your sentence structure because I am not the only one who read it to say that only poor people get the virus.
 

Glad no one you know has contracted the virus.  I am sad to say that I know one person who has died, 2 more who were hospitalized, and over 10 who have contracted the virus.  Should I give you their zip codes so that you can determine that a) they don’t live in an area where ‘food is not the best’, b) they don’t live with 7-9 other people, and c) they don’t live in an area with poor health care.  Keep telling yourself that your fortune, and hopefully your health, will drive the virus away.  Not everyone has been as lucky as you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, donnajo said:

I would go.  ❤️  But you all are beating a dead horse and saying the same things over and over.

Yes, we will probably have to have a vaccine in place first.  Yes, the ships will have to be less than full.  Yes, there will be different protocols in place.  Yes, ports of call will be limited.

Yada yada yada. 

I would love to get back to cruising.  I have 5 currently booked.  Trying to be optimistic towards this and everything else I love to do.

If we don't see a better future, then we better all just jump off a building now.

 

This is the only post  that I totally 100% agree with.

I should never have said I would go on my cruise in December and try to explain where the virus is exactly located in South Florida. I did not think what I said was a bad thing guess I was wrong. I did notice no one asked me what cities the zip codes were in. Oh well

 

Good luck to everyone and stay safe

Kathy

 

Edited by rabin1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2020 at 12:23 AM, BabySarge said:

We are both in the "high risk" age group (one of us more than the other) but we will cruise again with Princess in a skinnett, which is less than a NY minute, and cannot wait until we can.  

 

 

 

 

Hi Ann, if you have my e mail, please contact me, i lost yours, it is re Mary. Thanks. les

Link to post
Share on other sites

Although I did have a battle with Princess to get my deposit back, I will cruise with them again. The question is when? It wont be this year (obviously) and it wont be next year either. We've been on 30 cruises and have enjoyed them all but my rules for getting back on a cruise ship again are fairly short

  1. Vaccines - no vaccine, no cruise. Its as simple as that. If I can't get a vaccine then I'm not going to risk cruising or flying for that matter.
  2. Vaccines part II - if there is a vaccine then cruise lines will have to insist that any cruiser must be vaccinated or they can choose not to cruise. Without this guarantee, I cannot take a chance on a breakout on a ship. Even though I could technically be protected if I get a vaccine, the thought of aimlessly floating around the ocean while I'm locked in my cabin is as appealing as non-stop prostate exams.
  3. Virus breakout plans - unless the cruise lines have hard written plans on what they're going to do in case of a breakout, count me out. I'll need to know that if there is a breakout, the ship can speedily dock somewhere, disembark everyone and get them home. Without that, I can't take the risk of spending 3 weeks on a ship as people around me get sick.

That's pretty much it for me. Once those 3 issues have been dealt with to my satisfaction, I'll look at cruising again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
There was a reason why Princess was hit hardest by COVID of any cruise line.  I don't trust them to keep my family safe. 
What was the reason ?
I thought that the virus spread on diamond Princess through the air conditioning where the same air was recirculated
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, drsel said:

What was the reason ?
I thought that the virus spread on diamond Princess through the air conditioning where the same air was recirculated

It would be interesting to read resistk’s explanation of the reason but I doubt it will be forthcoming.  As usual though, you’re engaged in a bit of sophistry of your own.  I don’t believe there is any reliable evidence that the coronavirus was spread through the ship’s air conditioning system.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...