2021 World Cruise "Waitlisted"

mrlevin

Edited - somehow I missed the mention of Seabourn's WC  in the first post, which makes my own post irrelevant!

Can't even use the excuse that I've not had coffee yet since it's past noon here. 😆 I'll blame the heat instead

Edited by Isklaar

HAL apparently canceled their 2021 WC at the end of July and moved all the passengers to the same cabin or type of cabin for the 2022 WC (different ship). I know because we like the itinerary and just tried to book a Neptune suite yesterday. Our TA said  for now she would put us on a list for one of the companies' block of suites. She felt like there would be a cancelation since it was so far out. According to the HAL2021WC roll call the fare is not increasing, passengers are getting same itinerary and OBC to boot.

Guess Regent can't really do that since their 2022 WC is not really a WC, but 2021 wasn't either.

Seems like some companies are doing a better job keeping booked passengers happy. This dragging out the wait listing then finally canceling a couple of months before sailing is crazy. Especially for a WC! And I won't even say how I feel about having to make a finally payment for a cruise months before they even know when they can start sailing again and under what conditions (it is not printable!).  

3 hours ago, cwn said:

HAL apparently canceled their 2021 WC at the end of July and moved all the passengers to the same cabin or type of cabin for the 2022 WC (different ship).

HAL had to cancel their 2021 WC in July as they sold the ship that was to be used for the sailing.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/topics/news/four-ships-to-leave-the-holland-america-line-fleet-in-2020/

It was good that they accommodated the affected customers by transferring their bookings to  a similar itinerary in 2022.
This also meant that HAL could retain monies paid for the 2021 WC in preference to giving everyone refunds, so a good business decision.

3 hours ago, flossie009 said:

HAL had to cancel their 2021 WC in July as they sold the ship that was to be used for the sailing.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/topics/news/four-ships-to-leave-the-holland-america-line-fleet-in-2020/

It was good that they accommodated the affected customers by transferring their bookings to  a similar itinerary in 2022.
This also meant that HAL could retain monies paid for the 2021 WC in preference to giving everyone refunds, so a good business decision.

I said the 2022 sailing was on the different ship. I should have mentioned selling the Amsterdam I guess.

I don't think they had to accommodate the passengers with a lateral cabin move( people have the same location and even same cabin # ) plus same cost. They could have just  offered a FFC like Regent is doing. Both lines are doing refunds if you ask, but HAL is taking a step more with the same cost for the 2021 passengers and some OBC if you go with the 2022 WC. Definitely a very good business move in my book. 

3 hours ago, cwn said:

They could have just  offered a FFC like Regent is doing.

Since Regent has not yet formally cancelled the 2021 WC, we do not know what offer(s) will be made to the customers still booked for the full sailing.

3 hours ago, cwn said:

Both lines are doing refunds if you ask, but HAL is taking a step more

Are HAL doing more than Regent for all their cancelled cruises? or just for the WC?

11 hours ago, cwn said:

And I won't even say how I feel about having to make a finally payment for a cruise months before they even know when they can start sailing again

I agree that Regent should consider extending final payment dates for cruises in Q1 of 2021, as they have done for the balance of cruises in 2020.