Jump to content

Free Valet Laundry Service for all


Recommended Posts

j just got notification of this; absolutely terrible!!!  There are going to be capacity controls which means that those of us that had laundry through SSS benefit will be throttled back on what we can have washed.

 

Simply terrible!!!

 

Marc

 

PS We have been given $100 SBC per sailing to offset the already existing benefit (regardless of whether sailing was seven days or 94 days).

 

edited to add:  Regent also changed advanced booking for shore excursions to 365 days in advance for anyone Silver (21 nights) or Concierge suite or above; else 300 days in advance.  Another SSS benefit eaten away.

Edited by mrlevin
Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when Regent offered free internet to all and the bandwidth they pay for couldn't handle it? The internet went into the toilet.

 

Same thing will happen with the laundry. Regent won't increase the capacity and you will get 6 pieces every week or something ridiculous and those who had it for free will get a 3 day turn-around or will pay for same day service.

 

Unless capacity is increased - this is simply marketing nonsense.

Edited by Pcardad
Link to post
Share on other sites

We don’t have any cruises booked currently so didn’t get the email. When our FCC comes through for the October cruise that was canceled we will book a cruise for next summer.  I wonder if the new perq will be offered for that cruise. 
 

We’re lowly Silvers in SSS and it will be interesting to see what the offer is for us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't received yet...  we do have a Regent cruise booked for late 2021.  The notice is coming through our TA?

 

I did receive the Regent Connects yesterday.  I must say I was tempted to make all of the 'dedicated cocktails' and enjoy them in one sitting! LOL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Imagine it has to do with not allowing self service laundry due to Covid. I was wondering how they would handle that.

When they would go "Code Red" self service laundry was one thing that was closed, if I remember correctly.

 

Then this should have been announced as a temporary modification.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

Haven't received yet...  we do have a Regent cruise booked for late 2021.  The notice is coming through our TA?

 

I did receive the Regent Connects yesterday.  I must say I was tempted to make all of the 'dedicated cocktails' and enjoy them in one sitting! LOL.

 

Well, I spoke too quick.  Just received the laundry email through our TA.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Let's hope they increase capacity...

It will probably just a longer turn around service. We had free service and it was next day on our last cruise.

 

The tour booking a year in advance is kind of worthless. Even booking 6 months in advance there were lots of changes to times and itinerary when we boarded. We had to cancel several tours that were changed so much that they were no longer of interest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me a sceptic but i think this absolutely has to due with the new sanitary protocols due to COVID.  The laundry on each deck is probably a pretty germy place which would have to be thoroughly sanitized after each use I would imagine.  

I wish management would just be straight forward and honest.  Everything is a spin these days.  We are grownups and we can cope!  

Edited by forgap
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

edited to add:  Regent also changed advanced booking for shore excursions to 365 days in advance for anyone Silver (21 nights) or Concierge suite or above; else 300 days in advance.  Another SSS benefit eaten away.

 

If true, then their web site hasn't caught up with this since our 9 August 2021 cruise has excursion booking starting 13 October (300 days out...and we're both Platinum and in a penthouse).  The original excursion booking date per our guest statement was 12 December.

 

I will certainly have our TA check on this since we are already at 365 days out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

New email directly from Regent:

 

Quote

Dear xxx,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises has been providing guests with An Unrivaled Experience® for over 25 years, and the support of guests like you is truly invaluable to our ongoing success, especially as we continue to adapt to our ever-changing world. 

As we evolve with the new global health environment, we are announcing the inclusion of FREE Valet Laundry Service for all guests aboard every cruise. And since this inclusion is a luxury you previously earned as a Seven Seas Society® Titanium Member, we want to reiterate our appreciation for your loyalty by now including an additional $100 Shipboard Credit per suite every time you sail. We invite you to use your exclusive Shipboard Credit however you please, from the incredible Regent Choice Shore Excursions ashore to the onboard treatments and services of Serene Spa & Wellness®.

We look forward to sailing with you again and are ready and waiting to take care of every detail, with every luxury included, to ensure the safest and most luxurious experience on the seven seas.

May you enjoy every moment,

 
     
Edited by mrlevin
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Portolan said:

 

If true, then their web site hasn't caught up with this since our 9 August 2021 cruise has excursion booking starting 13 October (300 days out...and we're both Platinum and in a penthouse).  The original excursion booking date per our guest statement was 12 December.

 

I will certainly have our TA check on this since we are already at 365 days out.

 

Scott, same issue for us and others, we are titanium with 300 days in advance versus 365; so our window just opened for Grand Arctic; now having to pick 60+ excursions which will probably change multiple times before sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Remember when Regent offered free internet to all and the bandwidth they pay for couldn't handle it? The internet went into the toilet.

 

Same thing will happen with the laundry. Regent won't increase the capacity and you will get 6 pieces every week or something ridiculous and those who had it for free will get a 3 day turn-around or will pay for same day service.

 

Unless capacity is increased - this is simply marketing nonsense.

We were on a Explorer cruise last year where everyone got "free" laundry - it didn't change what we  (SSS Platinum) were allowed or the turnaround time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

We were on a Explorer cruise last year where everyone got "free" laundry - it didn't change what we  (SSS Platinum) were allowed or the turnaround time.

 

Jim, they didn't limit you to six items per day?  We were on Mariner with free laundry and they tried to make that limitation.  In hot climates we go through a lot more than six items per day.

 

Marc

 

PS If they close self service laundries, what about people that like to self wash more delicate items?  What about people that like to iron?  What about singles (and others) that use self service laundries as a way to meet fellow guests?  Will they totally get rid of the laundries and turn them into additional crew quarters?

Edited by mrlevin
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, forgap said:

Call me a sceptic but i think this absolutely has to due with the new sanitary protocols due to COVID.  The laundry on each deck is probably a pretty germy place which would have to be thoroughly sanitized after each use I would imagine.  

I wish management would just be straight forward and honest.  Everything is a spin these days.  We are grownups and we can cope!  

Well, I for one applaud this - I mean, we'd been using OBC for laundry for years so this is just kind of like money in our pocket.  I don't care if it's driven by COVID or just another enticement, as long as it doesn't affect the turnaround time for people who are used to next-day service, I say more power to 'em.

 

And forgap - does it really matter why they're doing it?  It's another included perk - I wouldn't care if Jason said it's because my dog told me to do it or it's due to COVID or what - fact is it'll save us a few bucks in OBC that I can use for wine tastings, excursions, etc.

 

Call me happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think EVERYONE SHOULD get free laundry....as long as it doesn't reduce the capacity or speed of those already getting it. We ALL should have unlimited laundry with next day service.

 

The problem occurs when they rob Peter to pay Paul....so lets hope that does happen here like it did with the internet service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pcardad said:

I think EVERYONE SHOULD get free laundry....as long as it doesn't reduce the capacity or speed of those already getting it. We ALL should have unlimited laundry with next day service.

 

The problem occurs when they rob Peter to pay Paul....so lets hope that does happen here like it did with the internet service.

In all fairness, the internet service wasn't all that great before they gave it to everyone 'for free'.  It went from 'barely usable' to 'pretty much unusable'.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Well, I for one applaud this - I mean, we'd been using OBC for laundry for years so this is just kind of like money in our pocket.  I don't care if it's driven by COVID or just another enticement, as long as it doesn't affect the turnaround time for people who are used to next-day service, I say more power to 'em.

 

And forgap - does it really matter why they're doing it?  It's another included perk - I wouldn't care if Jason said it's because my dog told me to do it or it's due to COVID or what - fact is it'll save us a few bucks in OBC that I can use for wine tastings, excursions, etc.

 

Call me happy.

I agree it’s a nice perk which we already had so it is literally money in our pocket.  I think my skeptical reaction was fueled by watching too much news these days and too much spin.  My inclination is to trust a more thorough Email as laundry was a perk that we coveted when we didn’t have it as a perk.  Great that everyone gets it, great that we now have OBC in our pocket, but they didn’t need to do this unless their hand was forced.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...