A sign the cruise / ports will be cancelled?

tx121

We have a cruise booked on a 14 Day Asia cruise on the Millennium for December 6th. I was curious to see what the going rate for the cruise is currently and noticed the taxes and fees is much less to book now than what I paid. We paid $244 in taxes from our booking and now the taxes if you purchase the cruise is only $74 in taxes.

Is this a sign that they removed the port taxes because the cruise /ship itinerary will be cancelled? 

We are debating about doing a lift and shift or just getting a full refund. We got a great deal on this cruise and not sure what to do. 

Screenshot_20200813-072412_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3196c07f817421bd2330f60be9ded274.jpgScreenshot_20200813-072212_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5ba8fc1d5ca9d75a78ad81302f16e753.jpg

Did taxes go down in relationship to a potential port/cruise cancellation? I doubt it. I don't know why the taxes went down but if they haven't issued an itinerary change I doubt they changed the taxes to reflect a port cancellation. Do I think any Americans will be traveling on a cruise in Asia in December? Not a chance.

Highly unlikely the cruise will occur.  Both the Millennium  & Eclipse  Transpacific cruises scheduled for September were cancelled  as have their scheduled October sailings and the ships are off the coast of San Diego.   
We are scheduled on the Eclipse out of Singapore in April and do not expect this cruise will occur.  We won’t be making final payment unless the ship is in Asia and that the countries on the itinerary allow US citizen to enter.  

• Like 2

Honestly I doubt there will be widespread cruising until Covid is no longer a problem, which means there are good vaccines and a majority of the world's population is vaccinated. Nearly every place they thought it was safe to reopen (Germany, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, etc.) has seen resurgences of the virus and learned it's not so easy to control. I'm betting on 2023. And while I used to love the excitement of crowds (in some circumstances) I now look at crowds with trepidation and as something to avoid. So even conceptually this cruise lover has no desire to cruise until Covid is history. I suspect a majority of people agree. Perhaps those who don't bother to wear masks, etc., and were the first to rush into bars when states reopened them are ready to cruise no matter what. Good luck to them.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

Honestly I doubt there will be widespread cruising until Covid is no longer a problem, which means there are good vaccines and a majority of the world's population is vaccinated. Nearly every place they thought it was safe to reopen (Germany, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, etc.) has seen resurgences of the virus and learned it's not so easy to control. I'm betting on 2023. And while I used to love the excitement of crowds (in some circumstances) I now look at crowds with trepidation and as something to avoid. So even conceptually this cruise lover has no desire to cruise until Covid is history. I suspect a majority of people agree. Perhaps those who don't bother to wear masks, etc., and were the first to rush into bars when states reopened them are ready to cruise no matter what. Good luck to them.

THIS.  YES.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tx121 said:

We have a cruise booked on a 14 Day Asia cruise on the Millennium for December 6th. I was curious to see what the going rate for the cruise is currently and noticed the taxes and fees is much less to book now than what I paid. We paid $244 in taxes from our booking and now the taxes if you purchase the cruise is only $74 in taxes.

Is this a sign that they removed the port taxes because the cruise /ship itinerary will be cancelled? 

We are debating about doing a lift and shift or just getting a full refund. We got a great deal on this cruise and not sure what to do. 

Screenshot_20200813-072412_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3196c07f817421bd2330f60be9ded274.jpgScreenshot_20200813-072212_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5ba8fc1d5ca9d75a78ad81302f16e753.jpg

What country are you from?  even if in the unlikely chance that this cruise sails, you might not be able to travel to it (or back).

7 hours ago, tx121 said:

L&S.

See this to help you in your decision making:

https://www.stb.gov.sg/content/stb/en/home-pages/advisory-on-covid-19.html

Doesn’t really matter what country you’re from.

Edited by d9704011
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, emmas gran said:

We have friends who live in HK and they have increased Covid , as has Vietnam.. Thailand has banned visitors so our Australian friends tell us. Personally I doubt the cruise will go ahead but who knows. 

I am from HK and I don't expect to have any more cruises coming here within this year.

Or possibly there will only be some local "cruise to nowhere" sailings in Nov / Dec if the pandemic situation improves by that time.

• Thanks 1