NCL Star 12502 versus 12500

Just booked Star 12502 to SA and wondering if anyone stayed in this cabin.  I know there’s no balcony but loving the floor to ceiling windows.  Also, which is preferred - 12502 or 12500?  TIA

Stayed in the 2 bedroom one before the refurb in 2018, I think. Spent time in the one bedroom one on a cabin crawl. They are gorgeous! Did not miss the balcony. The two floor plans have different feels. The two bedroom is more cave-like and deeper. The 1 bedroom more spacious feeling. The second bedroom is handy. The service is extra special since they are DOS. Bon Voyage!

13 minutes ago, valleyvillage said:

Stayed in the 2 bedroom one before the refurb in 2018, I think. Spent time in the one bedroom one on a cabin crawl. They are gorgeous! Did not miss the balcony. The two floor plans have different feels. The two bedroom is more cave-like and deeper. The 1 bedroom more spacious feeling. The second bedroom is handy. The service is extra special since they are DOS. Bon Voyage!

Did you get the 3 extra bottles of liquor since this is classified as a DOS?  Just curious.  We have the beverage package included so not a big deal for us.

Oh, and the mixers and sodas in the mini bar are included as well. Unlimited Pepsi products! When I asked about priority seating at the shows the concierge said, "You get priority Everything!"  🙂

The outer two ending in "2" are the same except mirrors of each and the inner two are the same as each other except mirrors.  We stayed in 12002 shortly after the conversion and sailed Alaska.  We had our two small kids at the time so they actually brought in a rollaway for one.  The living room is huge in the outer ones, you have the wing to look over the side of the ship and you have all those windows.  The bathroom has to be reached by going out of the master, a quick swing through living room to  the large bathroom. 

I've seen a quite a bit about the inner two, and if you have more than four those are an option since the 2nd bedroom but the living room is quite a bit smaller and has a large post in it.

We did get the three bottles of booze at the time (pre FDR), unlimited in room water and soda, Champagne.

For both the Star and Dawn there were reports over the years (we had quite a few) of fogged windows on several of the various room types on 12.  Whether they have actually fixed that, haven't heard much one way or the other over the recent years.

We did meet jvsnana who stayed in one of the forward DOS on Dawn in a warmer climate a year or so after or trip and they could not get the room to a cool state and even had senior officers in there to witness for themselves and they even started sweating.  In that regard too, I can't say I've read anything anytime recently about it being an issue in warm climates.