The Daily for Friday Aug 14, 2020

richwmn

9 minutes ago, dfish said:

Put to good use, I think.   Some of mine went to landscaping and will go towards a new washer and dryer.  The dryer is 37 years old and the washer is leaking.  

I’m sure you will love the features of the new one.😉  We replaced our washer and dryer that were 25 or so years old and couldn’t be happier. The dryer dries better and filters the fuzz better, and the washer only uses a couple of gallons of water. Our old one used 60 gallons per regular load!😜

Edited by TiogaCruiser
Spell check attack
  • Like 7

32 minutes ago, dfish said:

Put to good use, I think.   Some of mine went to landscaping and will go towards a new washer and dryer.  The dryer is 37 years old and the washer is leaking.  

Unless the dryer is a clothesline you might be ready for a new one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning to all!! To my sisters Ann and Joy ❤️ You two!! To Roy please keep those pictures coming! I look forward to those sunrise and sunsets!! To Jacqui you need to publish a book with all those beautiful flowers and your landscapes! Just gorgeous!! Rich keep those maps coming and just FYI creamsicles 😞 I don’t 

care for them! But I enjoy Lamb👍 Good quote too!

🌺Joy our neighbor brought me over the Ahi from Safeway!! Great seafood dept there. Believe it or not we enjoy going into Lahaina at the docks early morning when you see the chefs buying up the fresh catch! We like getting it from there!

Have a good day all!

Denise😊

• Like 6

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Seaspan Harrier is currently leaving the middle chamber headed towards the Pacific and I don't see anybody behind her.  I think Gulf Bridge will be the next ship to enter the locks although it will be a while.

Roy

Oh my gosh how wrong I was about that.  There are now 2 Atlantic bound ships in the locks and it looks like 2 more to go before Gulf Bridge.  I remain hopeful that she will go through today.

Roy

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

This is probably my first and definitely oldest sunrise (I think) photo.  It was taken on the SS Rotterdam on August 14, 1997, my first HAL cruise and my first cruise with Rick Spath as cruise director.  I was thinking I had lost the metadata but then realized it was a film camera and there was no such thing.  It was taken after our stop in Ketchikan and before our galley tour on the last sea day so while it was probably sunrise August 14 it might have been sunset August 13.

IMG0010.JPG.f6cb8121f9eab66e61b25250e488

I still use my SS Rotterdam coffee mugj

IMG_8935.JPG.8223faf87e33c662ec5794819321a038.JPG

Roy

Roy thank you❤️
Denise😊

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I’m sure you will love the features of the new one.😉  We replaced our washer and dryer that were 25 or so years old and couldn’t be happier. The dryer dries better and filters the fuzz better, and the washer only uses a couple of gallons of water. Our old one used 60 gallons per regular load!😜

Well, I'm not going to rush out to buy a new set today after all.  Dan, my wonderful handyman came over and checked things out.  He doesn't think the water is coming from the washer.  He tilted the washer and inspected the underside and it isn't wet.   The floor behind the washer, where the hoses are, isn't wet.   We mopped up the floor and ran water through and nothing came out.  

He did clear a pipe from the air conditioner and thinks that might be part of it.  So, right now we're on watch mode.  If i can get another six months out of the ones I have, all the better.  And, I do think I would miss my 37 year old dryer.  Why tempt fate?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Himself said:

I wonder when the two remaining S Class ships will leave the fleet.

All the S Class ships have left the fleet.  What is left are the Zaandam & Volendam  which are R Class ships, I believe 😉 

Good Friday afternoon everyone.  Rich, thank you as always.  Love the quote and loved Gyspy Rose Lee the movie.  Do not care for Lamb but love the Creamsicle vodka.  The talkers code was so unique.  Prayers to those on our lists and those that have unspoken.  Our neighbor had a rough night, the hospital told her family there was nothing else they could do.  It's in HIS hands now.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Agree Tioga.  I wasn’t impressed with the first pair I got to replace my 25 year old washer and dryer but that was 10 years ago.  I just replaced them with a high end set and what a difference.  The wash is so quiet - it nearly sounds like you are at sea on a smooth day 😉. And uses much less water and electricity.  Dryer is very efficient as well.

my advice to @dfish is to research a bit.  Some will last a very long time and perform well if you are willing to spend more $$$.  I’m thinking this will be worth it and besides, they were the only quality pair I could find that would fit in my laundry space.  I have a main floor laundry hidden by doors so any washer and dryer HAVE to fit.  Renovations would have been more than spending extra $$$ on the washer and dryer.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Our neighbor had a rough night, the hospital told her family there was nothing else they could do.  It's in HIS hands now.

So sorry to hear this. 😞. Prayers to your neighbour and their family and friends ❤️ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good Friday afternoon everyone.  Rich, thank you as always.  Love the quote and loved Gyspy Rose Lee the movie.  Do not care for Lamb but love the Creamsicle vodka.  The talkers code was so unique.  Prayers to those on our lists and those that have unspoken.  Our neighbor had a rough night, the hospital told her family there was nothing else they could do.  It's in HIS hands now.

Adding my prayers for your neighbor. The words everyone dreads to hear. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, kazu said:

my advice to @dfish is to research a bit.  Some will last a very long time and perform well if you are willing to spend more $$$.  I’m thinking this will be worth it and besides, they were the only quality pair I could find that would fit in my laundry space.  I have a main floor laundry hidden by doors so any washer and dryer HAVE to fit.  Renovations would have been more than spending extra $$$ on the washer and dryer.

I intend to do just that.   I think the information we got today has given me time to do that research and not have to make a hasty must buy.   

I totally trust Dan on these issues.  I've known him for 40 years and he has done all the work on my house that has needed to be done.   He's one of those perfectionist workers, so he's slow, but when he's done  you know it is done correctly.  

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Our neighbor had a rough night, the hospital told her family there was nothing else they could do.  It's in HIS hands now.

I'm so sorry to read this.  My prayers are added.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dfish said:

I intend to do just that.   I think the information we got today has given me time to do that research and not have to make a hasty must buy.   

I totally trust Dan on these issues.  I've known him for 40 years and he has done all the work on my house that has needed to be done.   He's one of those perfectionist workers, so he's slow, but when he's done  you know it is done correctly.  

One thing I almost missed on a pair we were considering was how deep the tub on the washer was. When I pretended to load both being considered in the showroom I realized I could not reach the back and bottom of the tub on one of them. My arms just were not long enough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1