Specialty Dining on Edge

We are very fortunate to have a suite booked for our upcoming Apex cruise.  We would like to visit one specialty restaurant to use up some abc.  If you had to chose just one, which would it be?  Thanks everyone.

Rollie

My suggestion is Eden. The menu is unique.  It’s not one you will find at most restaurants on land.  We enjoyed the food and presentation. Take a look at the menu and decide if it looks like something you might enjoy trying. Fine Cut is good but it’s not something we can’t find at home. Part of what we enjoy about cruising is experiencing unique locales and tastes. 

If you have OBC from Celebrity, you can use it to pre-book in the Cruise Planner.

Most 2021 cruises are currently discounted on both shore excursions and specialty dining, for our April cruise on Apex, both Eden and Fine Cut Steakhouse are down from 55$pp to 44$pp. So it could be a good time to book now.

I can recommend Fine Cut as well, I haven't tried Eden. Fine Cut makes some really good stuff IMO.

I did enjoy both venues, after thinking about it for a bit, you need to think about what type of 'experience' you desire...

Fine Cut - most 'traditional' food

Eden - least 'traditional' food

Both are good and great presentations, each.

bon appetite and bon voyage

I've tried all of the specialties.   My vote would be for Eden.   It is a nice experience....  maybe one and done.

I personally was not impressed with Fine Cut.   It is adjacent to Martin Bar with no walls or sound barriers.   When they do the show it is so loud you can't even carry on a conversation.  

In order of my personal preference 

Fine Cut was my fave, great steak! 

LPC also great food, plus I like the show.

The rib place up top was good and we went on a late departure from San Juan so we didn't have to worry about wind.

If you go to Eden be prepared to supplement at the buffet or dining room, portions small and not much for choices. 

You might want to get the weekly menu for luminae which is the fantastic suite dinning room and then pick a night that is not your favorite for the specialty, we love luminae but also normally do one specialty restaurant, even when we had a suite that included all specialty restaurants we had most of our dinners in luminae.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've tried all of the specialties.   My vote would be for Eden.   It is a nice experience....  maybe one and done.

I personally was not impressed with Fine Cut.   It is adjacent to Martin Bar with no walls or sound barriers.   When they do the show it is so loud you can't even carry on a conversation.  

This.  We did 11 nights at the specialties and tried them all.  Eden was the best.  The ambience was not there at Fine Cuts.  Too loud and shouty for my tastes.

Edited by NMTraveller

Thanks for all the replies.  I'm inclined to agree with Jim.  I noticed that most of the speciality restaurants are located adjacent to the grand plaza.  As we dine early the noise may no be a factor.  I'm surprised no one mentioned Le Petit Chef.  This is the restaurant my DW wants to try.

Rollie

We are very fortunate to have a suite booked for our upcoming Apex cruise.  We would like to visit one specialty restaurant to use up some abc.  If you had to chose just one, which would it be?  Thanks everyone.

Rollie

We were on the Edge in mid February before the pandemic and went to three specialty restaurants. The Eden was quiet and top quality. The fine cut steakhouse had outstanding filet mignon and we were by the window and it was fine. Le Petit was excellent and unusual, my number 1 choice was the Eden. We were in an infinity balcony not my sky suite as it was a little too pricey for 7 days ( we usually go 10-12 days but Edge did not do this past winter) so we wanted to avoid the MDR but even these were unique on the Edge. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
2 hours ago, rollie said:

Thanks for all the replies.  I'm inclined to agree with Jim.  I noticed that most of the speciality restaurants are located adjacent to the grand plaza.  As we dine early the noise may no be a factor.  I'm surprised no one mentioned Le Petit Chef.  This is the restaurant my DW wants to try.

Rollie

We totally loved the very unique dinning at Le Petit Chef in February on another ship, wasn’t the best food but I would recommend it for the experience.

I agree with the other posters re: Finecut. Highly recommend making a reservation ASAP. 

I went to the Bistro for lunch on our final sea day and was shocked that it was almost empty. The food was fabulous, and I thought it was excellent value for a speciality dining experience. They even sent me away with a box of pastries for my husband, who wasn't in the mood for the Bistro that day.

My only advice is to plan for a light dinner afterward, if anything. We had reservations for Le Petit Chef that evening and I was too full to enjoy the meal! 

IMG_1045.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1055.jpeg

1 hour ago, cnschultzy said:

I agree with the other posters re: Finecut. Highly recommend making a reservation ASAP. 

I went to the Bistro for lunch on our final sea day and was shocked that it was almost empty. The food was fabulous, and I thought it was excellent value for a speciality dining experience. They even sent me away with a box of pastries for my husband, who wasn't in the mood for the Bistro that day.

My only advice is to plan for a light dinner afterward, if anything. We had reservations for Le Petit Chef that evening and I was too full to enjoy the meal! 

IMG_1045.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1055.jpeg

With "cruise withdrawl"  I had checked the menus for the specialty restaurants . . . I had already decided we would try The Bistro one day at lunch;  these photos sealed the deal on that decision!

16 hours ago, Straughn said:

What about dinner on the Magic Carpet? 

Speaking for Jacquie and myself, we thought it was excellent.  By the way, it is not part of a specialty restaurant dinner package.  😊

We were on the Edge in mid February before the pandemic and went to three specialty restaurants. The Eden was quiet and top quality. The fine cut steakhouse had outstanding filet mignon and we were by the window and it was fine. Le Petit was excellent and unusual, my number 1 choice was the Eden. We were in an infinity balcony not my sky suite as it was a little too pricey for 7 days ( we usually go 10-12 days but Edge did not do this past winter) so we wanted to avoid the MDR but even these were unique on the Edge. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you happen to notice or remember if EDEN had a vegetarian option. I found a menu listing online but it didn’t show a sample. We will be on Apex in the future and really want to try EDEN.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
20 minutes ago, Dsciorti said:

Did you happen to notice or remember if EDEN had a vegetarian option. I found a menu listing online but it didn’t show a sample. We will be on Apex in the future and really want to try EDEN.

Eden had quite a few vegetarian options.  We thought that it was better in this regard than the others.  I think that they were on a second menu.

Edited by NMTraveller
On 8/16/2020 at 12:30 PM, NMTraveller said:

Eden had quite a few vegetarian options.  We thought that it was better in this regard than the others.  I think that they were on a second menu.

As I mentioned before, I'm gluten free. I went by on the first day to verify my reservation and ensure that gluten-free was listed. She verified that and said that it would be no problem and did thank me for verifying it early. I had been advised by my TA to give any specialty restaurant at least 24-hours notice of my being gluten-free so they could be prepared.

I'm not veggie, but I feel confident that they can make it work for someone who is veggie. I'd just make it a point to stop by early in the cruise (like the first day when they have someone there to make reservations) to verify veggie status so that they are aware.

As I mentioned before, I'm gluten free. I went by on the first day to verify my reservation and ensure that gluten-free was listed. She verified that and said that it would be no problem and did thank me for verifying it early. I had been advised by my TA to give any specialty restaurant at least 24-hours notice of my being gluten-free so they could be prepared.

I'm not veggie, but I feel confident that they can make it work for someone who is veggie. I'd just make it a point to stop by early in the cruise (like the first day when they have someone there to make reservations) to verify veggie status so that they are aware.

Thank you for this advice. We love the “tasting” menu style but some restaurants won’t accommodate me being veggie and my husband not. Another reason we love Celebrity.

We tried on the edge.  The only one I wouldn't recommend is Eden.  Food not good- and the wait staff so silly and intrusive.  We also had an issue with the open air restaurant- forget its name- a lawn club grill wannabe- but it was open air- much to windy and sunny to enjoy the meal, so we left- 

All others are great.   Enjoy