Carnival CFO just resigned

drsel

11 minutes ago, drsel said:

Maybe he knows something we don’t.

I'm sure he does.

Can't really blame him for not wanting to go down with the ship. Even if Carnival survives I"m sure the organizational structure and executive salaries will change dramatically in the short term. 

• Like 1

Heaney joined Carnival as CFO in June 2015 after serving as CFO for SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.

Before that he held a number of executive financial positions including CFO and SVP finance and travel operations at Disney Cruise Line, where he worked for 17 years.

Earlier, Heaney held various financial posts at Royal Caribbean International.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

And the hits just keep on coming.

When my company went down after 156 years. All the guys at the top took their money and ran while they claimed bankruptcy.  5 years later the employees are wondering where their pensions went.

it gets so dirty.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I thought this happened a month or two ago. That or I’m having a serious case of deja vu.

I got it figured out. It was when they hired a new COO. They both worked for Sea World and there was some CFO talk in the thread as well.  That's what rung a bell with me.

• Like 2

I can't imagine that Carnival will be totally gone.  It may change, but not disappear altogether.  I do think that they (along with the other lines) will be scaling back, and this will most likely include the executive salaries.  Nothing we can do but play the Covid  waiting game.

He has worked for Disney Cruise lines, Royal Caribbean and Carnival.

Despite having so many years experience in the Cruise industry, he is leaving for another completely different industry.

it just shows that he does not have any faith in the business prospects of the entire Cruise industry.

And he is the CFO!

• Like 1

Executives and top brass come and go all the time in every industry. It does not necessarily mean you have to sound the alarm bells.  Corporate officers typically have a shelf life and then move on.  I work in a different sector of the travel industry and we have executives and officers coming and going constantly.  Sometimes they get recycled in the industry and sometimes they move on to other industries.

While the timing here is suspect, it does not automatically mean the sky is falling.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 8

Executives and top brass come and go all the time in every industry. It does not necessarily mean you have to sound the alarm bells.  Corporate officers typically have a shelf life and then move on.  I work in a different sector of the travel industry and we have executives and officers coming and going constantly.  Sometimes they get recycled in the industry and sometimes they move on to other industries.

While the timing here is suspect, it does not automatically mean the sky is falling.
while the business prospects may not be good at present, I am not implying that Carnival will go belly up or go bankrupt.
I am sure they will survive this pandemic

13 minutes ago, drsel said:

Despite having so many years experience in the Cruise industry, he is leaving for another completely different industry.

it just shows that he does not have any faith in the business prospects of the entire Cruise industry.

And he is the CFO!

It shows he has a hard time keeping a job. He was with Carnival Cruise Line and not Carnival Corp.

A bean counter is a bean counter, and doesn't matter whether you are counting them at Carnival, Starbucks or Tesla/Google and many a CFO looks to get what fell to Bob Swan, why would any aspiring CFO wan't to be on the Titanic, LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drsel said:

And he is the CFO!

Would you? It will not be hard for him to secure a position in another corporation.