The Daily for Sunday Aug 16, 2020

richwmn

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Denise, I wish you are able to get out of the slammer soon. Do you have a card or something that if questioned, shows you are past the quarantine period? I was wondering how tha

🥳🎉🎊

Hi Joy and to all here on The Daily!!! Also I want to say Belated Happy Birthday to our dear Rich!! Good morning Ann, Roy, Jacqui and the list can go on!!

First a lot going on!!! Our fence is all completed thank goodness!  Hawai’i announced late Thursday night they might go into complete shut down!! 😞 YES WE ARE FREE NOW AND David got our tickets to fly home! We are leaving for the airport and have a 10:00 flight home! As much as we love it here this is not where I want to be! I miss home too! Cases are rising here!

We have cards that show our original flight here and the quarantine date, time, etc. No problem coming home thank God. To come back and not be able to go anywhere was sad. Also it is like a ghost town! 🌺I think for all of us 2020 will be a year we all would like to forget!!

Have a wonderful Sunday all and I will touch back tomorrow!!

Here is this mornings sunrise!

Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.c9f42c78e6c0578d4106766d976da1a1.jpeg

• Like 11

That must be difficult, Denise, to go through the quarantine and then decide to leave.  But home is where the heart is!  If I have to be stuck inside, here is where I want to be.  Our cases are rising, too, and I suddenly thought, I'd better go and get a good haircut, just in case we get locked in again!

Good morning, all, and thank you Rich for the Daily news.  I'm hoping that tomorrow we will be booking the inaugural cruises on the Rotterdam, as it is now up on the HAL website. I see there is a busy roll call, started by Rich.  We should be on a cruise right now, after a visit to Pat's and my relatives in England and Ireland, sailing from Amsterdam, I think it was, to Boston through Iceland and Greenland, etc., with a stop in Newfoundland.  Instead we are at home, waiting.  Always waiting...

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hawai’i announced late Thursday night they might go into complete shut down!! 😞 YES WE ARE FREE NOW AND David got our tickets to fly home! We are leaving for the airport and have a 10:00 flight home! As much as we love it here this is not where I want to be! I miss home too! Cases are rising here!

We have cards that show our original flight here and the quarantine date, time, etc. No problem coming home thank God. To come back and not be able to go anywhere was sad. Also it is like a ghost town! 🌺I think for all of us 2020 will be a year we all would like to forget!!

Have a wonderful Sunday all and I will touch back tomorrow!!

Here is this mornings sunrise!

Denise😊

Safe travels, Denise. What a tough decision. But I understand it.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Just an update, the weather gods smiled in our favor this morning. We were able to have our service outdoors. It was  cloudy and even some patches of blue sky at one point. 
Thanks for all the prayers.

Awesome!

Roy

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Just an update, the weather gods smiled in our favor this morning. We were able to have our service outdoors. It was  cloudy and even some patches of blue sky at one point. 
Thanks for all the prayers.

Great news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I'm so sorry to hear this Denise.  What a bummer to just get out on quarantine and not be able to enjoy Hawaii.  Have a safe trip back home.

Roy

Ditto. Sorry to hear this Denise but it sounds like a wise decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

I have not posted on this thread before but have been following for quite a while. Thank you for doing this, it takes a lot of effort.  Much appreciated and I love all the positive energy!

Welcome!  I know this is a bright spot in my day! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

I have not posted on this thread before but have been following for quite a while. Thank you for doing this, it takes a lot of effort.  Much appreciated and I love all the positive energy!

Nice to see you posting.  The more the merrier 😉 

We’re a pretty friendly group.  Hope to see you posting here more 🤞. Welcome 😃

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hawai’i announced late Thursday night they might go into complete shut down!! 😞 YES WE ARE FREE NOW AND David got our tickets to fly home! We are leaving for the airport and have a 10:00 flight home! As much as we love it here this is not where I want to be! I miss home too! Cases are rising here!

Safe travels home; I know it isn't what you had hoped for, but it beats being stuck elsewhere, even if it is Hawaii!

FYI, I have another tomato pie in the toaster oven - DH's special request for dinner tonight.  I guess he really liked it!  LOL

Be safe everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 5

Hello everyone.  I am one of those that has been following the daily for a long time but I seldom post anything myself. I love seeing the photos of the beautiful sunsets and the beautiful flowers. I wish I was computer savvy enough  to be able to post photos myself.

I live in the greater Phoenix area where we are having all time record high temps and all time record high for our low temps each day. Our usual summer monsoon rains have not put in an appearance. Oh how I wish you guys were able to share some of your rain with us.  I have a watering system 30 minutes twice a week which is normally more than enough, but this year my desert landscape plants are looking dried out an burned up.

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Hello everyone.  I am one of those that has been following the daily for a long time but I seldom post anything myself. I love seeing the photos of the beautiful sunsets and the beautiful flowers. I wish I was computer savvy enough  to be able to post photos myself.

I live in the greater Phoenix area where we are having all time record high temps and all time record high for our low temps each day. Our usual summer monsoon rains have not put in an appearance. Oh how I wish you guys were able to share some of your rain with us.  I have a watering system 30 minutes twice a week which is normally more than enough, but this year my desert landscape plants are looking dried out an burned up.

Welcome and thanks for letting us know.

Roy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Hello everyone.  I am one of those that has been following the daily for a long time but I seldom post anything myself.

Welcome lazey1. Our community here is filled with good things. No negative posts here, only happy and hopeful.

Welcome to Rich's thread!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Well Hello! It is great to see you posting! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Welcome lazey1. Our community here is filled with good things. No negative posts here, only happy and hopeful.

Welcome to Rich's thread!

So are we like the “Walmart Greeters” of the Daily?😷

Roy & Jacqui, too!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Welcome to the new posters.   We look forward to hearing more from you!   Safe travels to Denise and Dave.  

No sunset tonight.  This evening's photos are from the top of Mt. Aksla in Alesund, Norway.  June 21, 2017 aboard the ms. Koningsdam.  And, yes, I did like that ship very much.  

DSC02198.JPG

DSC02204 (2).JPG

DSC02199.JPG

DSC02201.JPG

Edited by dfish
  • Like 6

I am new to cruise critic, too & have not posted often. I look forward to reading The Daily each day.  I look at other cruise line boards of lines that I have traveled, but always save the best board for last, HAL/The Daily. Many thanks!

• Like 4