OBSTRUCTED CABIN PHOTOS WEBSITE GONE.

suzyed

Does anyone know why the Obstructed View  cabins website is gone?  That was a very valuable tool.   If it is not restored or replaced, I most likely will not book another obstructed view cabin since I won't be able to discern "how" obstructed it is!

18 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Does anyone know why the Obstructed View  cabins website is gone?  That was a very valuable tool.   If it is not restored or replaced, I most likely will not book another obstructed view cabin since I won't be able to discern "how" obstructed it is!

Go to cruisedeckplans.com. Find the ship you're interested in, and there's a link to obstructed view. It seems to me that there's been a gradual move from the obstructed website into Cruise Deck Plans over the last few years. Links from there used to go to the obstructed site, but now it seems they're integrated into Cruse Deck Plans.

56 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Copied this from another thread and it worked for me when I checked out the Coral Princess.

The Internet Archive appears to have an old copy of his site (2017)

https://web.archive.org/web/20170228031528/sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Copied this from another thread and it worked for me when I checked out the Coral Princess.

The Internet Archive appears to have an old copy of his site (2017)

https://web.archive.org/web/20170228031528/sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

Hey!  Thanks!  That worked!  😁

I "think" Renmar had a direct link on his old page (before it was taken down) that went directly to his photos on cruisedeckplans.com. 

Just go to the site and select a ship and then click on Obst-View.

image.png.c4910d83ea11c16929fd69e68caded0c.png

Edited by Thrak

Found this post:

17 hours ago, RSS from SF said:

---

Renmar's great Obstructed View cabin content has been migrated to CruiseDeckPlans.com.

Here are direct links to each Princess ship's obstructed view page:

(On the website's Princess Cruises Ship Fleet page, you also can click on a ship then "Obst-View".) 

*NOTE:  Currently the Majestic/Sky/Enchanted/Discovery obstructed view pages are empty, so for Royal class ships right now you could go to the Regal Princess obstructed view or Royal Princess obstructed view pages.

---

• Like 1

Sorry for all the confusion. I posted the following on the original tread;

As mentioned earlier I decided to transfer my website to cruisedeckplan dot com for personal reasons. I like to thank all the people who so generously donated pictures to my website. Also a big thank you for all the encouragement I received over the years from members of Cruise Critic. 

A special thanks to the owner(s) of cruisedeckplans who are trying to keep the obstructed view pages for the Princess ships free of charge.

Again, thanks for the good times I had doing this.

Theo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Renmar said:

As mentioned earlier I decided to transfer my website to cruisedeckplan dot com for personal reasons. I like to thank all the people who so generously donated pictures to my website. Also a big thank you for all the encouragement I received over the years from members of Cruise Critic. 

A special thanks to the owner(s) of cruisedeckplans who are trying to keep the obstructed view pages for the Princess ships free of charge.

Theo

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Renmar said:

Theo

So glad to hear this!!  Since we sometimes book obstructed cabins, your site was invaluable!  And I am so happy to hear you have had it moved to the deck plan site...I have been using that for years!
Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by suzyed

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2020 at 3:10 PM, Renmar said:

Theo

Checking that website they’re no longer free. 😟

DD88A6BE-F544-41D9-8919-952950794789.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

16 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Checking that website they’re no longer free. 😟

DD88A6BE-F544-41D9-8919-952950794789.jpeg

If you go to cruisedeckplan.com, click on "click for PUBLIC SITE", then scroll down a little and click on the "Princess" link.  Once there, click on a ship and at the top of the next page (in the blue banner) click on "Obst-view".  That will take you to the pictures.  No charge.

Just worked that way for me.

Edited by Shmoo here

We all owe Theo and Anke a huge debt of gratitude for hosting the obstructed view site for so long. I'm sure various folks contributed pics but these two put in a lot of time with Princess staff getting many of the photos themselves. It was a not-for-profit venture that benefited a large number of folks who were able to see, in advance, what the obstruction - or in some cases the lack of obstruction - was when trying to book a cabin. It's not possible to calculate how many people were benefited by the site and the information but I feel certain it was a large number. (I just recently booked an "obstructed view" cabin that isn't actually obstructed at all...)

I'm very happy to know that the pics are enduring on the cruisedeckplans.com site and that they are in the free section. This is a huge benefit to folks here and hopefully even more people will find the information  now. These are truly nice folks who put in a lot of time and effort to benefit us all. If you should ever meet up with Theo and Anke onboard give them your thanks and - perhaps - buy them a couple of glasses of wine. 😎

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

If you go to cruisedeckplan.com, click on "click for PUBLIC SITE", then scroll down a little and click on the "Princess" link.  Once there, click on a ship and at the top of the next page (in the blue banner) click on "Obst-view".  That will take you to the pictures.  No charge.

Just worked that way for me.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

The links shown in post #7 still work for free

Thanks...last night when clicking on the link was unable to view the free access to Theo’s helpful information but today it worked. 👍

On 8/16/2020 at 6:10 PM, Renmar said:

Theo

I've relied on your site for several years now.  THANKS!

I hope I'll be using it agin soon.

On 8/16/2020 at 6:10 PM, Renmar said:

Theo

I used your site many many times.  Thanks for all of the work that you put into it.

On 8/16/2020 at 5:58 PM, Thrak said:

Found this post:

Nice of you to post for free what the rest of us pay about $9 a year for the ability to view this site.  Maybe the site should cancel your membership.

3 hours ago, Grego said:

Nice of you to post for free what the rest of us pay about $9 a year for the ability to view this site.  Maybe the site should cancel your membership.

Crabby much? The obstructed view pics are part of the free site. I don't have a membership to "cruise deck plans dot com" so it would be hard to "cancel my membership".

This is a snip from the free site:

image.png.1fbaf2b5b2adb8467158dd431abee85b.png

• Like 1