Room service

sterling2

1 minute ago, sterling2 said:

Will room service deliver drinks when you have the beverage package? TIA.

Yes, but charge you for them. Ie you can still order them, but your package doesn’t cover them.

This one reason do not like the beverage package.... we often get a bottle of wine and enjoy a port day lunch an the balcony... very relaxing.... also buy wine by the bottle at dinner.....

By doing wine by the glass ( ie with beverage package )  it can mean waiting a long time between drinks  ....lol

It is each to his own on this..... but remember the beverage package is there for Princess to make money...... not for you to get a good deal......

Cheers and to one day go on a cruise... Don

From the terms of the package:

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled spirits or bottled wine or any items offered in retail venues or shops onboard.
  • Can NOT be used for Room Service or Mini-Bar items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar. Please contact Group Onboard Services for additional details or clarification.
  • Souvenir Glassware is excluded but is available for the additional charge of the glass only.
  • Excludes beverages offered via self-service or vending machines.
  • Excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Events such as Wine Tastings, Chef’s Table, Buckets of Beer, Buy One Get One type Offers, Specialty Dining cover charges, or food items for sale such as ice cream, etc.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice and for vessels designated in a foreign currency, packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
Edited by skynight

4 hours ago, phabric said:

Is there a limit of how many alcohol drinks you can have in a day?

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

no - but the "package" only covers 15 per "Princess Day" which starts and ends at 6 am ( unless that changed )

Still the same. 15 alcoholic drinks per day -- 6 AM to 6 AM.  Most folks will never get anywhere near that number so it's mostly a moot point.

1 minute ago, Travlin grrl said:

I can't even drink 15 glasses of water a day! I can't imagine drinking 15 alcohol drinks in a day. And it's a good thing because after 2 it's time for me to stop. lol. 

remember, it's "cruise ship pours" - not at home pours 🥃

sea daze ... morning eye opener(s), beer(s) by the pool, wine time at Vines, nightcaps at Crooners

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

This one reason do not like the beverage package.... we often get a bottle of wine and enjoy a port day lunch an the balcony... very relaxing.... also buy wine by the bottle at dinner.....

You are still able to bring a bottle each onboard without corkage to enjoy in your cabin.  Now, I don't know if this is standard throughout the ships in the fleet but, our neighbor was able to go to Vines and get a bottle delivered to the dining room for 4 or 5 drinks against her package.  I won't say what ship because I don't want to get anybody in trouble in case that was a no no.  

11 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

our neighbor was able to go to Vines and get a bottle delivered to the dining room for 4 or 5 drinks against her package.  I won't say what ship because I don't want to get anybody in trouble in case that was a no no.  

I would say a no no..... But good on them....... a bit of common sense ...

Having said that thing are different from ship to ship... on our last cruise 26 nights    we brought a bottle of two at quite a few ports.... there was no table and nobody stopped us once..... but we didn't take it to the MDR... save us a bit as well...

Cheers Don

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

Still the same. 15 alcoholic drinks per day -- 6 AM to 6 AM.  Most folks will never get anywhere near that number so it's mostly a moot point.

But doesn’t really matter as you only need to drink 6-8 to break even and can’t imagine many could go 15+ a day. 

3 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

But if you wouldn’t have 6-8 a day if paying individually you aren’t benefiting.

The 6 to 8 alcoholic drinks/day to break even is based on the full price of the package. When you receive the package as part of the plus promo package or some other promo the number of drinks/day is lower, maybe as low as two or three alcoholic drinks/day. 

• Like 2

I'd never pay "full price" for the package as it's just not worth the cost to us. However, I'll pay for it with Princess Plus. The reduced price makes it worthwhile to us. Normally we would have at least one coffee card and maybe one each. No need with the package and I can get a shot of Jameson (sometimes) in my morning Vanilla Latte or add an extra shot of espresso if I'm feeling like it. I can have my evening San Pellegrino and we can enjoy a nice glass of wine in Vines before dinner. The ease and freedom of the package is great. Given that I tend to drink the more expensive drinks ($11.25 or so with the gratuity) it doesn't take much to come out "even" with the reduced price package and there is no need to "hold down" expenses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'd never pay "full price" for the package as it's just not worth the cost to us. However, I'll pay for it with Princess Plus. The reduced price makes it worthwhile to us. Normally we would have at least one coffee card and maybe one each. No need with the package and I can get a shot of Jameson (sometimes) in my morning Vanilla Latte or add an extra shot of espresso if I'm feeling like it. I can have my evening San Pellegrino and we can enjoy a nice glass of wine in Vines before dinner. The ease and freedom of the package is great. Given that I tend to drink the more expensive drinks ($11.25 or so with the gratuity) it doesn't take much to come out "even" with the reduced price package and there is no need to "hold down" expenses.

You can buy bottles of wine on the plan and get a 25% discount off the menu price. This does not count against the 15 drink limit. This should have quoted the message about ordering from Vines. Not Thrak’s quote

Edited by memoak

2 hours ago, memoak said:

You can buy bottles of wine on the plan and get a 25% discount off the menu price. This does not count against the 15 drink limit. This should have quoted the message about ordering from Vines. Not Thrak’s quote

We did buy one at dinner because they had the wine we like which is no longer available in Vines. Normally we take a couple of bottles of wine with us for in the cabin or whatever but it was good finding the wine we wanted in MDR. It's annoying that we could get it there and that it was also voted the most liked at the freebie wine tasting but it's no longer in Vines. Must be to plebeian for the sommelier or whomever chooses the wines for the fleet.