Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

1 hour ago, Steff79 said:

Piraeus at Aug. 30th and Sept. 29th.

and at Cadiz from Barcelona to Lisbon at  Oct 25th -> that should be the TA

looks like a short med season too.

If they offer cruises in the med and the rices are somehow managable i will be on one of these cruises.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 6:42 PM, david_sobe said:

I saw an inside cruiser segment today that said they expect a big NCL Leonardo announcement in January or February.  Its hard to believe but we are just over 1.5 years away from launch 😲

exciting and hopefully it's somewhat revealing given everything else going on in the world...is "inside cruiser" another website or forum? I'd like to check it out if possible. 

23 hours ago, kenns said:

exciting and hopefully it's somewhat revealing given everything else going on in the world...is "inside cruiser" another website or forum? I'd like to check it out if possible. 

No, I meant that phrase in generic terms.  I was watching a youtube channel on those so called cruising experts/travel agents and that is where I heard that information.

23 hours ago, kenns said:

Actually..... back in March, Bliss from NYC, (1-8),  before the world literally stopped spinning, we attended the latitudes party in the Observation lounge and it was said that one of the Leonardo ships would be Homeporting in NY!   I don't know if and when it will happen, but I was excited for the possibility of getting a brand new ship in my backyard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back in time: A top view of the megablock in transit before it entered the dock at Fincantieri.

Clearly visible are the elevator shafts and two pools. When the block was in tow the two superstructures were separated by a gap, as it were two different blocks with one riding piggy back? This aerial view from the same period seems to prove they were matching blocks.

I can't make anything out of it on the render images with those two pools that close to each other? A third indoor pool?

121633706_669485033965333_877463325783123787_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

121254710_667357860844717_31576777162380

Here's a already shared picture of the megablock entering Venice, with the 24th Dec pic and this we can see there's no overhang or diagonal section on the current superstructures in the dry dock so both top blocks were just on there for transport?

Edited by FreestyleNovice
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

christmas today 😀  thanks

yes, i think the top blocks  were only for transport there.

wonder with the elevator shaft, normal you walk in the middle of the hallway and at the left and right are the elevators, here they are in the middle.

here are deckplans from seaview, but more pax maybe she has more elevators. ( 4 front, 2 x 8 in  the middle and 4 at the end )

https://www.wts-touristik.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Deckplaene-Flyer/MSC_SEAVIEW_DECKPLAN.pdf

wonder if the glas front what is going over all decks will be a panorama elevator or something for special rooms?

the wider block with the pool should be the front pool maybe and the building with the video wall is coming on top off the elevator shaft, ( the block is without corner to the front, and round instead, not sure why this is ). And i think  the narrower block with the pool is a other block for the aft pool. ( smaller block)

hope for a spa with  a inside pool, but not sure where the spa will be?

Maybe those aren't the elevators but are the openings for the exhaust/funnel?  I'm assuming the elevator reference is the 8-square matrix at the top of the overhead image?  Not only is that layout unusual for the elevators, but I wouldn't think there would be structure separating the shafts at this point either.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2020 at 1:33 PM, Steff79 said:

Piraeus at Aug. 30th and Sept. 29th.

and at Cadiz from Barcelona to Lisbon at  Oct 25th -> that should be the TA

looks like a short med season too.

I look forward to continuing progress and an idea what itineraries there will be.

On 12/27/2020 at 9:23 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

121633706_669485033965333_877463325783123787_o.jpg

With the front of the boat pointing downward in that picture, wouldn't it be safe to assume that the pool at the bottom of the photo (that would be closer to the bow of the ship) would be the Haven pool?

That additional pool appears to be at the same the location as the Yacht Club pool on the MSC boats...

1 hour ago, Mikial said:

With the front of the boat pointing downward in that picture, wouldn't it be safe to assume that the pool at the bottom of the photo (that would be closer to the bow of the ship) would be the Haven pool?

Subsequent pictures indicate those blocks were likely along for the ride and are not necessarily in their final location on the SHIP.  They may not even be in the correct orientation.  I would venture that there at least need to be a few more decks between the main hull and that top deck, for all we know those may not even be top decks.  There isn't even an indication which direction is the bow or stern of the final ship.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A short question and answer on Leonardo by Katina Athanasiou, chief sales officer for Norwegian Cruise Line on the 12:20 mark in this podcast about the progress of Leonardo 1;

https://www.facebook.com/insidertravelreport/posts/2875104102735341

Btw; she also said about Harvest Cay and Great Stirrup Cay "they are getting it ready, we have a lot of really great innovation and opportunities during this pause for our teams to deliver some spectacular things that we have on the horizon."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1