Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

1 minute ago, DublinFC said:

Maybe the info is buried in this thread, but is there details and concept art available on this class of ship?  Something more than a distance view of what it might look like.

If you scroll through there is some concept art that some great Cruise Critic detectives found for us, but this mostly is from very early on. 

Comparing the the timelines for the Breakaway and Breakaway+ Class ships, we should have official name, deck plans and itineraries at this point, but all we are left with are these small clues people have pieced together. 

It’s quite remarkable that NCL has kept this so secretive for so long. But at the same time, it’s comical when people on here locate info and share it...just to have NCL make official statements down the road. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

If you scroll through there is some concept art that some great Cruise Critic detectives found for us, but this mostly is from very early on. 

Comparing the the timelines for the Breakaway and Breakaway+ Class ships, we should have official name, deck plans and itineraries at this point, but all we are left with are these small clues people have pieced together. 

It’s quite remarkable that NCL has kept this so secretive for so long. But at the same time, it’s comical when people on here locate info and share it...just to have NCL make official statements down the road. 

YES! Especially when you have Royal, Disney and Celebrity all revealing detials about their new ships, within days of one another....Disney had a very glitz and well produced "virtual" unveiling / tour of their new Disney Magic ship today (coincidentally being built at Meyer Werft, which has built mostly all of the current NCL fleet)

At first I thought NCL was being sensitive with COVID and not wanting to "promote" a new ship, but clearly there must be other reasons, if multiple other cruise lines aren't stopping...

Hopefully they learn from those breakaway class ships and put ample pool and deck space in, and do away with those ridiculously small comedy and music club venues 

10 hours ago, mt234 said:

Hopefully they learn from those breakaway class ships and put ample pool and deck space in, and do away with those ridiculously small comedy and music club venues 

TBH I've been on 7 cruises and never entered a pool on a cruise. They're always small and there for kids to splash in really. Not big or deep enough for actual swimming so I stick to the hot tubs.

7 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

TBH I've been on 7 cruises and never entered a pool on a cruise. They're always small and there for kids to splash in really. Not big or deep enough for actual swimming so I stick to the hot tubs.

Makes you wonder, why don't cruise lines advertise with the one thing that matters most; the size of the pool and how roomy the pool deck is? That is the one spot where passengers will spent most of their continuous onboard time, besides sleeping in their staterooms. :classic_mellow:

I like the Solarium pools on Celebrity M and S class but I agree with you!

15 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Makes you wonder, why don't cruise lines advertise with the one thing that matters most; the size of the pool and how roomy the pool deck is? That is the one spot where passengers will spent most of their continuous onboard time, besides sleeping in their staterooms. :classic_mellow:

I'm generally too busy enjoying the music, shows, food and ports to be at the pool!

• Like 2

TUI Mein Schiff cruise ships have a 25 Meter Pool to Swim ( i think the longest of all cruise ships ). I don´t think the Leonardo Class becomes such a long pool. But the pools at the NCL ships, i was, were deep and big enough to swim.

Hope Leonardo becomes a good Spa. I like the Spa at the Escape,

33 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

That brings up another question - what sort of adult-only area might we see? I’m not a fan of Spice H2O since it’s basically just cramped deck space, a bar, and a water feature of varying levels of utility. It’s not exactly a peaceful environment. 

I’d love to see something more along the lines of RCI’s Solarium or Princess’s Sanctuary. NCL’s Vibe is pricey and difficult to purchase if you’re not first onboard AND highly mobile. It’s also not great for cooler or rainy climates unlike Solarium and Sanctuary. 

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Because for some of us this is not the most important area of the ship?  Lot's of different reasons to go cruising, the Lido deck is not a big draw for me.  I understand that in terms of what a "traditional" old school cruise ship is, the lido is where all the action was, but new ships buck that trend, and have for some time.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Because for some of us this is not the most important area of the ship?  Lot's of different reasons to go cruising, the Lido deck is not a big draw for me.  I understand that in terms of what a "traditional" old school cruise ship is, the lido is where all the action was, but new ships buck that trend, and have for some time.

Good point :classic_smile:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

That's why many people love old and smaller ships, rather than the megaships nowadays.

Here is the size of the pool deck of the old Norwegian Sea / Seaward II (in service for NCL from 1988 to 2005).

CIMG0296.thumb.JPG.d2fd0dfa55e78636f08f8754eaf57e4b.JPG

Nice and spacious! I think the Norwegian Wind/Dream had the best pool decks. Plenty of space and didn't feel cluttered. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

Nice and spacious! I think the Norwegian Wind/Dream had the best pool decks. Plenty of space and didn't feel cluttered. 

We loved the Wind. We once pre-strectch and once after. We could not really tell a difference because we were so focused on the wonderful people who made our stay on the ship so enjoyable. 

1 hour ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

We loved the Wind. We once pre-strectch and once after. We could not really tell a difference because we were so focused on the wonderful people who made our stay on the ship so enjoyable. 

I agree I really enjoyed her. To this day the worst rocking I have ever felt was on her while we sailed to Hawaii from Fanning Island. The stretch made her a little wobbly with those swells. The stacked restaurants on her stern overlooking the wake and aft pool was beautiful. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ohioNCLcruiser said:

I agree I really enjoyed her. To this day the worst rocking I have ever felt was on her while we sailed to Hawaii from Fanning Island. The stretch made her a little wobbly with those swells. The stacked restaurants on her stern overlooking the wake and aft pool was beautiful. 

We still talk about our trip to Fanning Island.

On 8/17/2020 at 5:50 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

Hello friends! It's been a while.. and eh, 2020 did not start very well for the golden era of cruising. :classic_mellow: Hopefully all of you are okay and thoughts and prayers for those who are challenged in these tough times.

And as we all quietly or anxiously await any positive news about our shared passion, cruising.. and with almost no news about Leonardo class I still had to start a Live! thread!

Because, I present you... the first inside render of Leonardo! (hopefully it's right, it sure looks like an end product and not the artist gone wilde render stuff and plus all the other links containing this photos seems to be poofed away..:classic_biggrin:)

My guess is that this is the Atrium, we can see a bar or Guest Relations/Shorex desk, perhaps there's an internet pc there on that table. There's an elevator bank on the lower right corner, etc.

26b49519.jpg

The remodeled Epic Haven uses these color tones and it looks really nice in photos. 

On 4/29/2021 at 1:44 PM, Seany527 said:

Right?!  I only learned about it from an email this morning announcing the announcement