Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

the main pool deck seems small, i hope the pool at aft  before Haven is inclusive for all, we will see what take place at the front.

hope the sail on the roof lets the wind through

i love what they show us today, only miss a district brew house like Escape for example.

But i wait what they show us the next days, months, years who knows.

norwegianprima-aerial-profile.thumb.jpg.40c62e91e2aefd63c2b3d63e9188f382.jpg

pic from NCL

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

The new ship is the Norwegian Prima, and it is part of the Prima class (the class is typically named by the first ship in it).

It was never the Leonardo class...it was Project Leonardo all along.

Also...you are correct in that Norwegian Prima looks like MSC Seaside. She also looks like Virgin's Scarlet Lady. All three come from the very same base ship design. Project Leonardo is simply NCL's version of the ships already built for MSC and Virgin...nothing really "new" here...just NCL's touch on an existing platform.

Thank you. That makes sense. I obviously haven't been following project Leonardo closely as I thought it was more of the same "Away" designs. This is interesting to me, as I once read that the NCL Epic was to be a MSC ship too.

I found this video comparing Prima to MSC Seaside

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Here is the tentative schedule

• Following several inaugural cruises, in August 2022 Norwegian Prima will embark on a series of  10-day voyages in Northern Europe and the UK.
  •  
  • In September 2022, the ship will depart Southampton, England for a 12-day transatlantic voyage ending in New York before commencing its winter season with sailings to Bermuda and the Caribbean. (For the first time ever, NCL will also offer an 11-day Caribbean itinerary on Prima leaving from Galveston, Texas.) 
  •  
  • Beginning December 2022, the ship will homeport in Orlando, Florida (Port Canaveral) making fifteen 5, 7, and 9-day roundtrip Western Caribbean voyages. 
  •  
  • In Spring 2023, Norwegian Prima will make five 7-day roundtrip voyages between Bermuda and New York.
  •  
  • In May 2023, the ship will head back to Iceland and Northern Europe on another transatlantic journey, and then from May to September, offer a mix of 10 and 11-day Norway and Iceland sailings from Reykjavik, Iceland and Southampton, England.
  •  
  • The summer 2023 season will end with a 14-day roundtrip voyage from Southampton

https://www.forbes.com/sites/irenelevine/2021/05/12/ncls-newest-ship-norwegian-prima-to-set-sail-summer-2022/?sh=46ab0f9b2e7c

No need for a tentative schedule. The cruises are all on the NCL website to book.

6 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

No need for a tentative schedule. The cruises are all on the NCL website to book.

Just trying to help- the articles/notificAtions poured into my junk email address today and this was all brand new information for me. I was excited to see something new and positive from the cruise industry. :). Some of those itineraries look very interesting! 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Having had chance to look at things properly now (I was at work when details started coming through and I made my booking), I think it all looks good so far.

We have really only seen a very small amount of details, basically just cabins, Haven and Ocean Boulevard. There is a lot left to reveal just in the 6-7-8 area before we even get started with the top decks.

Some really intriguing questions, such as the buffet discussion above. Is the Indulge Food Hall a buffet replacement, or is there still going to be a traditional buffet upstairs. I wonder whether covid has influenced some decisions (I'm not sure how late plans can be changed). There does seem to be s deliberate attempt to move some of the deck usage to what was the Waterfront (not necessarily good news for us Waterfront walkers, but it has always been something of an under-utilised areas in my opinion). I can see the buffet being smaller.

Also, are we still going to have the NCL staples (Cagnetys, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki). It will be interesting to see if we lose any of those (as has happened to Moderno) or they get rebranded (like the Italian).

We have taken a bit of a punt on cabin selection and gone for the forward facing club suite with large balcony. I was expecting we may have to downgrade from a balcony, but the prices were so much better than I expected that I looked at the club balconies and the forward facing ones were only about £150 more. The corner ones look like they may be an odd layout, so it could go either way. I suspect it is one of those things that we will have to wait until 17th August next year to actually find out.

I'm really pleased to be back on a new ship again, my first since the Escape. I remember boarding at Hamburg and ruching around getting photos uploaded as quick as possible, and will plan to do the same again. 

The countdown is on. Only 462 days to go. Finally I have cruises listed in my account again. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Just trying to help- the articles/notificAtions poured into my junk email address today and this was all brand new information for me. I was excited to see something new and positive from the cruise industry. :). Some of those itineraries look very interesting! 

I didn't mean that as criticism. Just pointing it out for anyone interested.

Yes, very interesting itineraries.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

the main pool deck seems small, i hope the pool at aft  before Haven is inclusive for all, we will see what take place at the front.

The pool at the back upper deck is the Haven only pool.  Not sure if that is what you were saying or not.   The entire back of the ship for 8 decks (9-16) are being said to be Haven exclusive with their own elevator and everything.   Keep in mind that the "Lido" deck proper of this ship has yet to have anything displayed on the renderings, so there can still be a pool there.

2 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

The countdown is on. Only 462 days to go. Finally I have cruises listed in my account again. 🙂

Isn't that the best feeling! Once we booked our Jamaica sailings for September and had a cruise counter our on account again, it really started to feel real!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Looks like Prima will have studio cabins and a studio lounge too. I thought that NCL might be moving away from this concept with Joy. These cabins are distintly different than the former studio cabins on the away class, looks much more like studios on some of the newer RCL ships with the bathroom entirely separate.

image.png.84dc6dbdb6268724b5e537723e25bdb1.png

Joy was an aberration in terms of solo accommodations. I guess they didn’t anticipate much interest in that cabin type in the Asia market, and that it would have made no economic sense to add the Studio area after pulling Joy out of that market. Bliss and Encore have identical Studio areas.

I’ll be checking out the Prima version of the Studio concept on the transatlantic. The cabin is a few square feet smaller but they appear to have added a full separate bathroom to the redesign; the existing Studios have a separate toilet but the shower and sink are part of the main cabin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Isn't that the best feeling! Once we booked our Jamaica sailings for September and had a cruise counter our on account again, it really started to feel real!

Absolutely. I have had just one cruise on the app for a while and knew it was most likely to get cancelled, so didn't really count. Back in the saddle now with 2 booked, as I also booked the Epic for 2023 whilst I was on the phone.

Light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope not doesn't go wrong again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

The pool at the back upper deck is the Haven only pool.  Not sure if that is what you were saying or not.   The entire back of the ship for 8 decks (9-16) are being said to be Haven exclusive with their own elevator and everything.   Keep in mind that the "Lido" deck proper of this ship has yet to have anything displayed on the renderings, so there can still be a pool there.

the infinity pool is Haven and the small deck aft above. but to the middle of the ship,the render shows a other pool deck, at the deck plans it is white. At the moment we don´t know what will be there.

at the old rendering you see what i mean

at the early renders the glass front at the front were bigger over two decks

grafik.png.48e5cdd128a94a00e16852d94c8bb545.png

Since you are already booked you probably know this.... do the studios have virtual balcony? I see they are only inside. I did a solo on the epic and wasn’t thrilled. Since then, when I cruise solo I only do solo balconies (Anthem) and had a solo balcony booked on apex. I said the only way I would try another solo on ncl is if they offered a solo balcony or virtual balcony (which I have yet to try, but they are interesting). 

1 minute ago, Steff79 said:

the infinity pool is Haven and the small deck aft above. but to the middle of the ship,the render shows a other pool deck, at the deck plans it is white. At the moment we don´t know what will be there.

at the old rendering you see what i mean

at the early renders the glass front at the front were bigger over two decks

grafik.png.48e5cdd128a94a00e16852d94c8bb545.png

Ah yes, I bet that will be the "main pool" and probably just as small per person as the last set of ships were.  Of course, we will see as time goes forward, but I plan to be booking into the haven as soon as I can figure out when I can book my next vacation at the end of 2022.

7 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Having had chance to look at things properly now (I was at work when details started coming through and I made my booking), I think it all looks good so far.

We have really only seen a very small amount of details, basically just cabins, Haven and Ocean Boulevard. There is a lot left to reveal just in the 6-7-8 area before we even get started with the top decks.

Some really intriguing questions, such as the buffet discussion above. Is the Indulge Food Hall a buffet replacement, or is there still going to be a traditional buffet upstairs. I wonder whether covid has influenced some decisions (I'm not sure how late plans can be changed). There does seem to be s deliberate attempt to move some of the deck usage to what was the Waterfront (not necessarily good news for us Waterfront walkers, but it has always been something of an under-utilised areas in my opinion). I can see the buffet being smaller.

Also, are we still going to have the NCL staples (Cagnetys, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki). It will be interesting to see if we lose any of those (as has happened to Moderno) or they get rebranded (like the Italian).

We have taken a bit of a punt on cabin selection and gone for the forward facing club suite with large balcony. I was expecting we may have to downgrade from a balcony, but the prices were so much better than I expected that I looked at the club balconies and the forward facing ones were only about £150 more. The corner ones look like they may be an odd layout, so it could go either way. I suspect it is one of those things that we will have to wait until 17th August next year to actually find out.

I'm really pleased to be back on a new ship again, my first since the Escape. I remember boarding at Hamburg and ruching around getting photos uploaded as quick as possible, and will plan to do the same again. 

I’m a little unhappy that the old Waterfront setup is gone. A bit selfish, I know, but I’ll miss standing at the aft to watch the wake - with no one else around. Now that spot will be the center of attention. 

I liked La Cucina but am pleased that we’re getting the more upscale Onda instead. Right now it’s only on Encore and Spirit.

Difficult to imagine an NCL ship without Cagney’s and Le Bistro. For me, Ocean Blue is a necessity because of their bread (the fish is okay but OMG that bread).

• Like 2

Just now, coastcat said:

Difficult to imagine an NCL ship without Cagney’s and Le Bistro. For me, Ocean Blue is a necessity because of their bread (the fish is okay but OMG that bread).

Wait wait wait, there are more restaurant announcements coming.  Let's give it time.  I doubt either of the first two you mention would NOT be on an NCL ship, they are staples and both get a ton of foot traffic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Wait wait wait, there are more restaurant announcements coming.  Let's give it time.  I doubt either of the first two you mention would NOT be on an NCL ship, they are staples and both get a ton of foot traffic.

The post you quoted was responding to my speculation. Personally I expect them all to be there, but this ship has gone in a different direction on quite a few things, so nothing would surprise me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Since you are already booked you probably know this.... do the studios have virtual balcony? I see they are only inside. I did a solo on the epic and wasn’t thrilled. Since then, when I cruise solo I only do solo balconies (Anthem) and had a solo balcony booked on apex. I said the only way I would try another solo on ncl is if they offered a solo balcony or virtual balcony (which I have yet to try, but they are interesting). 

The NCL Studio cabins originally had that weird round hallway window as you saw on Epic. On Bliss & Encore, that was replaced by a monitor with a live feed. It’s basically a virtual oceanview cabin. Based on the released renderings, Prima will also feature a virtual window.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, coastcat said:

I’m a little unhappy that the old Waterfront setup is gone. A bit selfish, I know, but I’ll miss standing at the aft to watch the wake - with no one else around. Now that spot will be the center of attention. 

I liked La Cucina but am pleased that we’re getting the more upscale Onda instead. Right now it’s only on Encore and Spirit.

I don't know how the Ocean Boulevard concept will work out. I spend a lot of time on promenade decks or the waterfront, and tend to walk a few miles in the morning on sea days. It's not clear whether that will be as easy on these ships as I suspect you would be dodging round people in places.

Like you say, it is a bit selfish, because I think these areas are terribly underused on cruise ships. People say how much they love a promenade deck but I often see them almost empty. Works well for me, but causes crowds elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Yea, been there done that... take a deep breath, hard to keep up with all the excitement causing a bit of a buzz.  Not nearly done with restaurants.  I agree with you, chill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkieMarkNYC said:

I was excited about this until I saw the photos. I don't like having a balcony over a busy deck area and that is the case for all of the balconies. I'd rather look down at the sea and not have constant noise directly under me.

I was really excited too, until I realized all the balconies would be looking down at deck 8.  Also I am not sure expanded the outdoor eating is a great idea as frequently the seating outside is closed because it is too windy.  This is true especially on the sides of the ship.  Maybe if you only sail in the Bahamas or Caribbean, but mid-ocean the winds are factor.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

I’m sure they’ll be onboard - as I said, it’s difficult to imagine otherwise!

TBH, I don’t like Cagney’s. I love steak but not theirs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just to clarify, as I think my comments have been misinterpreted a little.

There are clearly a lot more restaurants to be announced. We currently only have details of some restaurants that have access to Ocean Boulevard. There isn't even any specific reference to The Local despite it being clearly marked on the deck plans.

We will to see the main dining rooms, buffet and a few other speciality restaurants announced over the coming weeks/months.

All I was saying regarding Carneys/Le Bistro/Teppanyaki is that there is nothing to say that they will certainly be known by those names, similarly to how o'Sheehans, Moderno, an La Cucina, all NCL staples have been phased out or rebranded over the years. If we found that any of these have been rebranded then it wouldn't surprise me at all. Not expecting it, but it is possible.

• Like 1

Heck, we don’t even have confirmation that Prima has a buffet! It’s possible that Indulge Food Hall replaces the Garden Cafe, which would make the experience similar to the Virgin Voyages food court. 

(seems unlikely as, based on the deck space and illustrations, Indulge Food Hall does not appear capable of handling peak time dining… we’ll see)

• Like 1