Jump to content

Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, coastcat said:

Heck, we don’t even have confirmation that Prima has a buffet! It’s possible that Indulge Food Hall replaces the Garden Cafe, which would make the experience similar to the Virgin Voyages food court. 
 

(seems unlikely as, based on the deck space and illustrations, Indulge Food Hall does not appear capable of handling peak time dining… we’ll see)

Surely there has to be some form of casual eating place near the pool deck. Whether or not it is a buffet is another matter, but I don't see how Indulge can replace it totally (even if it had the capacity).

 

As I mentioned earlier, I suspect that the concept they are going for with the Food Hall is a more casual place to go along with trying to get some of that pool deck feel to the outside areas on deck 8. It may draw people down from the pool deck more than the Waterfront does, but most people will still be up top and will want to eat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WOW, what a cool looking ship!!!!  And sailing from Pt Canaveral in Dec 2022!  I may have to change our POA cruise in January of 2023 to Prima!  Can hardly wait to try her out.  Love it!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

https://www.cruisetricks.de/erste-details-zur-norwegian-prima-infinity-pools-grosszuegiges-promenadendeck-neues-haven-sonnendeck/

 

it is in german, but he wrote something like:

Indulge Food Hall

mix of self service and service at table, so you can try difference things, there are 11 options, some breakfast and lunch are inclusive ( i think not all, for cocos or starbucks you will pay the whole day i think), in the evening you pay

the eleven options  you can read  at the link

 

here you find all pics:

https://www.ncl.com/de/de/newsroom/multimedia/

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

https://www.cruisetricks.de/erste-details-zur-norwegian-prima-infinity-pools-grosszuegiges-promenadendeck-neues-haven-sonnendeck/

 

it is in german, but he wrote something like:

Indulge Food Hall

mix of self service and service at table, so you can try difference things, there are 11 options, some breakfast and lunch are inclusive ( i think not all, for cocos or starbucks you will pay the whole day i think), in the evening you pay

the eleven options  you can read  at the link

 

here you find all pics:

https://www.ncl.com/de/de/newsroom/multimedia/

I hadn’t noticed those illustrations of The Local before. It’s a very different look! The colors and patterns are striking. 
 

As a solo I appreciate how much counter/bar seating appears to be available in the food hall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Love the look of the Prima, very similar to MSC Seaside as someone said. I read somewhere that they were moving the Haven to the aft section of the ship. I wonder if that area of deck 8 will be for Haven guest only? The pool areas on deck 8 look very spacious and luxurious for us inside cabin guests, lol. Like the size of the ship too, although we enjoyed Getaway and Epic, we still like the older ships, Jewel, Sun, etc.

Tony

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I don't know how the Ocean Boulevard concept will work out. I spend a lot of time on promenade decks or the waterfront, and tend to walk a few miles in the morning on sea days. It's not clear whether that will be as easy on these ships as I suspect you would be dodging round people in places.

 

Like you say, it is a bit selfish, because I think these areas are terribly underused on cruise ships. People say how much they love a promenade deck but I often see them almost empty. Works well for me, but causes crowds elsewhere.

The top decks will probably have the walking track.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, disneykins said:

Love the look of the Prima, very similar to MSC Seaside as someone said. I read somewhere that they were moving the Haven to the aft section of the ship. I wonder if that area of deck 8 will be for Haven guest only? The pool areas on deck 8 look very spacious and luxurious for us inside cabin guests, lol. Like the size of the ship too, although we enjoyed Getaway and Epic, we still like the older ships, Jewel, Sun, etc.

Tony

Deck 8 is not Haven only. This is the Indulge Food Hall where there are various food places and outside is seating for that area. All open to everyone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

The top decks will probably have the walking track.

Yes, they generally do, but the Waterfront is a far better place to walk on the ships with one. I suspect that may not be quite so clearly the case on the Prima.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe the new Indulge Food Hall replaces the Food Republic since both are on Deck 8. Other specialties have been thrown in, like Coco's and Starbucks.

 

Deck 17 is still a blank canvas ... my bet is it will contain Garden Cafe forward and the pool mid-ship.

 

It's going to look like a spiffy ship! I like the new hull design - blues. Wonder if the other Leonardo ships will have same or similar hull design in different colours ... 

 

Time to have a few new ships of new class (Leonardo), after 6 ships of similar class aka the Breakaways, 1 Epic, 4 Jewels, 2 Dawns,  2 Suns, 1 America and 1 Leo ...

 

image.thumb.png.af5c12fbcdbb1e855181b8eda10c04d8.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been looking at booking Prima today (instead of working). I can't seem to make 2022 work (I already have cruises booked and none of Prima's itineraries or dates are totally working for me), but I'm sort of debating now between a 14-day Europe or B2B (NYC TA to Iceland and then Iceland around to London). Am I clinically insane? I guess so.

 

Beautiful ship, though.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Deck 8 is not Haven only. This is the Indulge Food Hall where there are various food places and outside is seating for that area. All open to everyone.

I think you're right, the aft area does look more like a dining are. I wonder if the aft pool at the top of the ship will be Haven.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Initial reaction.. deck 8 is definitely seeming an awful lot like the Virgin Voyages ships.

the floor plan for the studio seems to have the inter-connecting cabin door beside the head of the bed which means more sound will be heard between the cabins. Previously it was between the shower and the toilet cubicles at the opposite end of the cabin from the bed. 
also current info isn’t indicating which eateries will be complimentary or not. That deck 8 is definitely *not* designed for kids and there was a mention of an adult-only area but that hasn’t been identified as yet. The lounge hogs will have everyone driven demented within a day if there isn’t a lot more sun deck space up top. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Booked on the TA, anybody starting a roll call yet? :classic_biggrin:

 

So, Jim, will you be doing us the honour of starting the Roll Call?  There aren't too many of us yet, are there?

 

Looking forward to the journey.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, London-Calling said:

Here are some interior renderings of the new ship, based on MSC Seaside's design:

 

 

 

Not based on MSC Seaside's design, it is based on Fincantieri's Project Mille design.

 

MSC also based their Seaside class on this design.

 

Virgin Voyages based their ships on this design as well.

 

 

Nothing new here, Norwegian's Prima class (project Leonardo) is simply NCL's take on a ship class (project Mille) that was already designed.

 

Much like this thread is simply a rehash of other threads on the very same topic.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

So, Jim, will you be doing us the honour of starting the Roll Call?  There aren't too many of us yet, are there?

 

Looking forward to the journey.. 

Oops, we can't start a Roll Call until we have a forum for the new ship. I just sent a request to the CC help email.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eileeshb said:

Initial reaction.. deck 8 is definitely seeming an awful lot like the Virgin Voyages ships.

the floor plan for the studio seems to have the inter-connecting cabin door beside the head of the bed which means more sound will be heard between the cabins. Previously it was between the shower and the toilet cubicles at the opposite end of the cabin from the bed. 

 

When I do a mock booking the deck plans don't show any connecting symbols on any of the Studio cabins on either deck. Could that mean that none of the Studio cabins connect?

 

(doubt that's any great loss)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I pulled the trigger and booked her. As much as I was eyeballing fancy European trips, in the end, I just went with NYC-Bermuda. It should be interesting.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CC Help Jenn changed the title to Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...