Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Indulge Outdoor Lounge looks like it is the outdoor seated area for the Indulge food hall, and there is also a bar there. I would be very surprised if is wasn’t public access, but it does look like many (if not all) of the places in the food hall are extra cost.

I can see problems with people getting food and wanting to eat it outside only to find all the chairs are taken up by people who have camped out there for the day.

That is a little disappointing that all venues in Indulge food hall appear to be extra cost. But, not really surprising since all the restaurants on the Waterfront are Specialty. I can't tell how much outdoor eating space there is for dining, but they may not need as much as we think initially. I know that the outdoor seating on the 'Away's' is rather small for each of the specialty restaurants, but it was always easy to get a table outdoors. It seems that most people prefer to eat indoors where the climate and wind are controlled.

PS: Thank you @KeithJenner for sharing your knowledge on this new ship. I'm way behind in my research :)

1 minute ago, evandbob said:

Since we had an Iceland land trip and a Norway fjord cruise both cancelled by COVID, we booked the 10 day Iceland/Norway 2023 itinerary as something to look forward to as we begin a slow return to normalcy.

Norway was one of my most favorite cruises, and Norway with iceland included is going to be splendid! Congrats :)

22 hours ago, Seany527 said:

The deck plans don’t show that area as the Haven but from the pic, it looks like it’s directly open to the Haven.

Yeah, on the deck plans it's only the front section (up to where the windbreaks are) that shows as Haven. 

I've always thought they should make a smaller Haven adult-only sundeck and a larger Vibe, with Haven guests having Vibe access. On our past cruises, it's always seemed like the Vibe space was well-filled while the Haven sundecks were rarely used. 

20 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I was just looking at the deck plans and talking to someone about cabins and it occurred to me that this ship has far more potential of unusual cabins than most NCL ships. Once there have been some sailings I suspect we will find out about some which have particularly big balconies for example.

There are always those unusual ones, but I could see there being lots of them here.

Yes! Category SJ for one! 186061352_491741375587790_8771630574322510276_n.png?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=JWuhHvY2O2cAX90Zerr&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.fna&oh=628e25719b23f2a220e025e0ec0b2b97&oe=60C4628D881x400_PRIMA-SJ-Bedroom.jpg

sj.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, happy cruzin said:

Interesting that it appears to be free standing and in the center of the lounge. 

I think it's along the side, in front of the window wall.

Here's another photo showing part of the Haven lounge with the bar in the background.

1080x465-Mod-HavenLounge_01_HighRes.jpg

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

I'm willing to bet many are deposit only (even double bookings) waiting to see more of the ship & details, and will be canceled later. 

I'm going to be releasing a 2br villa in a few. It was all that was left when we booked and I was able to snag an HB (aft  penthouse with Master) last night!

Which HB deck did you get? I have been trying to figure out which ones are bigger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rwf1 said:

Which HB deck did you get? I have been trying to figure out which ones are bigger.

We got 11. I was thinking the lower ones might have progressively bigger balconies due to the slant of the ship? It's difficult to tell with the deck plans.

1 minute ago, rwf1 said:

13 and 14 are the largest. 
Im on deck 12 and it’s killing me. I would love to switch to 13 or 14. 

I really, really want one of the 2 HAs on deck 11 but they will probably never open up again. 

You can see less of the balcony door on decks 13 and 14 which means it’s pushed further back from the balcony ledge. 
Deck 10 is also pretty large but it’s ADA. 
The deck plans also show the balcony a little larger. 

CF7D209D-EC38-45A1-9A7B-C773261CC3F0.thumb.jpeg.36a8be8ee1922eecbe6d72fc52bc49c8.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I really, really want one of the 2 HAs on deck 11 but they will probably never open up again. 

I wanted 13 but it wasn't available by the time I booked, so I have 14. I think I am really happy with that except that it is right under the Haven pool. Would there be noise from that? I might switch to 13 since it is available again.

I liked the HAs too. Had a hard time deciding Since we are going to Iceland/Norway in September, I went with the HB for a separate bedroom since we probably won't be outside as much. Later I changed my mind, but by then prices had increased by $800 so I am keeping what I have for now.

30 minutes ago, rwf1 said:

I wanted 13 but it wasn't available by the time I booked, so I have 14. I think I am really happy with that except that it is right under the Haven pool. Would there be noise from that? I might switch to 13 since it is available again.

I think the pool will act as a nice insulator for the noise. And you won’t have to listen to deck chairs scraping above you. 

1 minute ago, Seany527 said:

I think the pool will act as a nice insulator for the noise. And you won’t have to listen to deck chairs scraping above you. 

Excellent! Thanks!

15 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Saw this in another video. Appears to indeed be the Haven Bar. 

C707794E-242A-446C-89C4-7374B52FF751.png

That looks really nice.  Eventually going to get into the Haven.  We had it booked on the Breakaway for this past April.  We had a strong feeling the sailing was going to cancel so we moved the money from the cruise to a week in Disney World and Universal Studios.  We had a fantastic week, but we still want to experience The Haven at least once.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DublinFC said:

We had a fantastic week, but we still want to experience The Haven at least once.

Once you experience it “once” it’s hard to not experience it a 2nd 3rd 4th time. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

How are you able to compare? 

I was just thinking the cabins are the same so the slant would cause balconies to progressively get smaller as you go up?

2 hours ago, happy cruzin said:

Same thing happened to us!!  Cancelled our Epic 2/5/23....and picked up the same week on the Prima!

We are on the Epic in the Med in summer 2022.  Really looking forward to the updated Haven on the Epic (I already thought the Epic had the best Haven Pre-Prima), so the update should knock it out of the park.

We had an H2 & HE on the Encore before we cancelled for the Prima.  I snagged an H2 on the Prima and was able to get relatively close in price for the 2 we had on the Encore.  We are practically giddy about that H2 on the Prima.  All we have to go on is the floor plan...but I expect it to be incredible.  Family of 4 + mother in law and plenty of space.  Very excited.   I am sure we are all gonna have a grand time.  Happy Sailing!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

You can see less of the balcony door on decks 13 and 14 which means it’s pushed further back from the balcony ledge. 
Deck 10 is also pretty large but it’s ADA. 
The deck plans also show the balcony a little larger. 

CF7D209D-EC38-45A1-9A7B-C773261CC3F0.thumb.jpeg.36a8be8ee1922eecbe6d72fc52bc49c8.jpeg

Ah, so you're thinking the cabin stacking itself is angled inwards as you go up? Wouldn't that make the higher cabins themselves smaller then? Are any other NCL ships built that way that we can compare to? I always thought the cabins were stacked straight up with balconies creating the slopes & angles.

13 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

I always thought the cabins were stacked straight up with balconies creating the slopes & angles.

It varies by ship design/class. In some cases, the staterooms are directly above each other with the balconies creating the "slope" (Escape's forward facing H2s and H3s, for ex.). Other times, some of the staterooms are directly inline with one of the other decks but then a deck above that is recessed. This is why the aft-facing balconies on the BA/BA Plus ships aren't in exact numerical order for depth as you go lower or higher. 

ncl-prima-aerial-sm.jpg

I suspect that Prima will have the same combination of recessed and stacked which will mean that it will take some time to get the correct order for balcony depth. Renderings help but the actual ship needs to be seen/measured. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Ah, so you're thinking the cabin stacking itself is angled inwards as you go up? Wouldn't that make the higher cabins themselves smaller then? Are any other NCL ships built that way that we can compare to? I always thought the cabins were stacked straight up with balconies creating the slopes & angles.

This is the only NCL ship with this layout, but the breakaway and breakaway plus class both have alternating size cabins as you go up each deck. It’s not linear where deck 9 is the largest and smaller sizes and you move towards deck 15.  
Like for the Joy which is breakaway plus, 9 is the largest follow by 12 and then 13 is the smallest. But if you look at the aft of the Joy, as you move upward, the ship slants inward.

8BD5DFBC-7494-4DE2-8CDA-7D8C412C674B.thumb.jpeg.d6f8d8eb52ab6f1e0516d34af2e7f226.jpeg

But anyway, given the picture of the aft on Prima and the view point of the balcony doors, I’m thinking 13 and 14 would be the largest balconies. The deck plans also support this but until everything is finalized and people start sailing it will be difficult to be certain. 

11555F8C-BA89-46B0-98FB-167AB79C2C25.thumb.jpeg.079e4cb1bd60b83614cf81de48e2cb15.jpeg

• Like 2