Jump to content

Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Welcome to CC. :classic_biggrin: 

 

Differences yes. But stuff like this platform sticking out are a tell tale. :classic_smile:  This thread would be dead in the water if we weren't stalking her progress, speculating and searching social media for this ship.

Thank you.  I am all for speculation also, so if you do not mind sparing me from reading through 50 pages of messages where can I find more about this Pod?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2021 at 11:58 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

Could this be the Pod place?

podornottopod.png

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2758421-everything-project-leonardoprima-class/?do=findComment&comment=61120980

 

and the pic is from that video:

 

 

could be something not annonced yet or nothing because they discarded it

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saving you another search heheh: there will most likely be a multi story go kart track around the funnel, a tall (dry?) slide on the starboard side of the ship and this pod thing. From the first two we've found renders/schematics, the pod caught our attention in the video. :classic_smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Saving you another search heheh: there will most likely be a multi story go kart track around the funnel, a tall (dry?) slide on the starboard side of the ship and this pod thing. From the first two we've found renders/schematics, the pod caught our attention in the video. :classic_smile:

 

I've tried to go back through the posts to understand, but I'm still not.

What do you mean by "pod"? 

The recently shared photos look like some type of seating arrangement and then loungers circled on the boardwalk? 🤔

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

 

I've tried to go back through the posts to understand, but I'm still not.

What do you mean by "pod"? 

The recently shared photos look like some type of seating arrangement and then loungers circled on the boardwalk? 🤔

 

 

Sure, no problem. The thread kinda exploded around May 15th with all the news coming out and the thread was merged with another Prima thread to keep things together so it's a bit of a puzzle going back.

 

We spotted a brief view of an area called "waiting area/the pod on deck 8":

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2758421-everything-project-leonardoprima-class/page/44/?tab=comments#comment-61109226 
Whilst nothing else is known it seems that there is some structure to the right of it, above the sea/outside the railing. The circled loungers are the spot where we think this area is. Renders of the shop are edited to conceal or obscure to be announced features, in this case a set of loungers.

On the top deck (deck 16 or 17) there's this platform extending out of the round deck shape.

 

Now this pod waiting area seems to be a spot where they admit people, there's something that could act as a reception desk/check in, and behind the male hand there is some kind of platform you can enter (with a glass floor?) and something that would be, let's assume, the pod?

 

Is this a Northstar like thing from Royal, is it a moving object like Celebrity's Magic Carpet, does it go to the platform on the higher deck? That's the mystery.. :classic_ninja:

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

 

Sure, no problem. The thread kinda exploded around May 15th with all the news coming out and the thread was merged with another Prima thread to keep things together so it's a bit of a puzzle going back.

 

We spotted a brief view of an area called "waiting area/the pod on deck 8":

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2758421-everything-project-leonardoprima-class/page/44/?tab=comments#comment-61109226 
Whilst nothing else is known it seems that there is some structure to the right of it, above the sea/outside the railing. The circled loungers are the spot where we think this area is. Renders of the shop are edited to conceal or obscure to be announced features, in this case a set of loungers.

On the top deck (deck 16 or 17) there's this platform extending out of the round deck shape.

 

Now this pod waiting area seems to be a spot where they admit people, there's something that could act as a reception desk/check in, and behind the male hand there is some kind of platform you can enter (with a glass floor?) and something that would be, let's assume, the pod?

 

Is this a Northstar like thing from Royal, is it a moving object like Celebrity's Magic Carpet, does it go to the platform on the higher deck? That's the mystery.. :classic_ninja:

 

 

Anything like the Magic Carpet going from that area to the platform would have to be a serious obstruction for a lot of cabins, including Haven, right?  

 

Maybe it's a bubble that they lower into the sea and tow in the wake!  😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Anything like the Magic Carpet going from that area to the platform would have to be a serious obstruction for a lot of cabins, including Haven, right?  

 

Maybe it's a bubble that they lower into the sea and tow in the wake!  😉

 

While they troll for a deep sea creature!   😬

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Karaboudjan said:

Anything like the Magic Carpet going from that area to the platform would have to be a serious obstruction for a lot of cabins, including Haven, right?  

 

Maybe it's a bubble that they lower into the sea and tow in the wake!  😉

Haven cabins are aft on this ship, so if this is in the front it won't bother the precious Haven folks (I'm one of them, so I can poke fun at them)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Haven cabins are aft on this ship, so if this is in the front it won't bother the precious Haven folks (I'm one of them, so I can poke fun at them)

There was some speculation that the 'Pod' image was showing the spot between the Infinity Beach and Indulge areas, so that would make it aft.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, gardening_guy said:

Exciting photos.  Wish we had something aft so I could see where my cabin will be.  Lol.  Bedankt

There are some photos on page 53 and 54 that show a bit of the aft, although from a distance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This build is quite hard to follow/find online. The ship yard who built some of the previous NCL ships, Meyer Werft in Germany, had a great visitor's viewing gallery/room into their building hall. Supplying us with a constant stream of visitor's photos. :classic_mellow:

 

But we will manage.. maybe NCL will do an Embark episode on Prima in Italy? :classic_laugh:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

This build is quite hard to follow/find online. The ship yard who built some of the previous NCL ships, Meyer Werft in Germany, had a great visitor's viewing gallery/room into their building hall. Supplying us with a constant stream of visitor's photos. :classic_mellow:

 

But we will manage.. maybe NCL will do an Embark episode on Prima in Italy? :classic_laugh:

I kind of like that. Keeps it a mystery. I have 800 days until my sailing, so I like the slow leaks of what is going on.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

I kind of like that. Keeps it a mystery. I have 800 days until my sailing, so I like the slow leaks of what is going on.

 

In the Everything.. threads we also like mysteries, as long as we can solve/puzzle them together before NCL does with a press release. :classic_laugh:

  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The mystery is killing me..lol normally I read all kinds of reviews and look for cabin and ship pics and really get to know the ship, but with a new ship, there is nothing to research.  No cabin reviews, no balcony pics., no comments etc.  Killing me I tell ya..it’s a good thing I have another cruise booked to research otherwise I don’t know what I’d do..lol

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

This build is quite hard to follow/find online. The ship yard who built some of the previous NCL ships, Meyer Werft in Germany, had a great visitor's viewing gallery/room into their building hall. Supplying us with a constant stream of visitor's photos. :classic_mellow:

 

But we will manage.. maybe NCL will do an Embark episode on Prima in Italy? :classic_laugh:

Thank you for all of your efforts!  I love that I can come here to find all the latest info!! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gardening_guy said:

The mystery is killing me..lol normally I read all kinds of reviews and look for cabin and ship pics and really get to know the ship, but with a new ship, there is nothing to research.  No cabin reviews, no balcony pics., no comments etc.  Killing me I tell ya..it’s a good thing I have another cruise booked to research otherwise I don’t know what I’d do..lol

Me too!  

I usually wait until a ship has sailed before booking her....but couldn't wait for this one! 

 

When I decided we must sail on the 11 day out of Galveston, many categories were already gone.  Made the decision on a cabin much easier😉

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2021 at 5:22 AM, dolls123 said:

I just booked this room. The balcony (from the deck plans) is HUGE. Hoping this category still has 2 bathrooms 🙏🏾

 

We booked one of these, 11352, for the January 22 2023 cruise.  I can't believe we actually managed to snag it because we didn't  book until the 16th of May. We have 2 cruises between now and this one, but I think I'm most excited about this. Looking forward to hearing what you think of this type of room!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, karmamule said:

 

We booked one of these, 11352, for the January 22 2023 cruise.  I can't believe we actually managed to snag it because we didn't  book until the 16th of May. We have 2 cruises between now and this one, but I think I'm most excited about this. Looking forward to hearing what you think of this type of room!

I can’t wait! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...