Jump to content

Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

I am thinking of Star Trek Generations Kirk is on the Enterprise B at the beginning and asks where the photon torpedoes are, is told they will be installed next Tuesday LOL  Hot Tubs to be installed next Week 🙂

 

Beam them up Scotty!

image.jpeg.7b4a49d02dc1d6d76921d9488d8082be.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, kenns said:

What room category on Prima has the in-room

hot tub? Is it just Haven and what category? I can’t keep track 🙂 

It is not "in-room".  It is on the balcony. And, for what we know now, only some Haven suites located at the back of the ship have that on the Balcony.  Someone will be able to tell you which categories have that (I'm almost sure there are more than 1 category)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suspect hot tubs might be available in the spa cabins... balcony, club balcony suite and of course haven.  

 

This is not written in stone, please don't  make me walk the plant... although might be a nice way of cooling down right now.  😉

Edited by All-ready2cruise
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

I suspect hot tubs might be available in the spa cabins... balcony, club balcony suite and of course haven.  

 

This is not written in stone, please don't  make me walk the plant... although might be a nice way of cooling down right now.  😉

Yes but those are "in-room" hot tub  What @Sailing12Away was referring to was the Balcony hot tub

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

Due to covid, they ran out of tub...  On the back order list  LOL 

Cruise related, but not NCL ...

 

Sailing on the Mardi Gras this Saturday. We booked an Excel suite (3 different ones as we moved up the ladder). One of the amenities listed was the addition of COFFEE MAKERS in this new tier of cabins -- they don't exist elsewhere in the fleet. I thought that was an amazing change for Carnival (yes, a rather low bar). Well, wouldn't you know it - just a couple of weeks ago they changed the online PDF details... one change... no more coffee makers.

 

COVID???

 

Can't trust their guests?

 

Amazon could not get them there soon enough?

 

CRAZY any way you look at it (or pathetic). Alas, such is life!

 

I was greeted with a bit of ridicule on the Carnival board when I brought that up, BTW.

 

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Cruise related, but not NCL ...

 

Sailing on the Mardi Gras this Saturday. We booked an Excel suite (3 different ones as we moved up the ladder). One of the amenities listed was the addition of COFFEE MAKERS in this new tier of cabins -- they don't exist elsewhere in the fleet. I thought that was an amazing change for Carnival (yes, a rather low bar). Well, wouldn't you know it - just a couple of weeks ago they changed the online PDF details... one change... no more coffee makers.

 

COVID???

 

Can't trust their guests?

 

Amazon could not get them there soon enough?

 

CRAZY any way you look at it (or pathetic). Alas, such is life!

 

I was greeted with a bit of ridicule on the Carnival board when I brought that up, BTW.

 

Tom

Do any NCL cabins not have coffee makers?  I don't do the inside or OV, but every cabin I have had, includes the coffee.  Suite is great butler refills the hot cocoa and coffee/tea.  But otherwise I just took what was needed from the Buffet 🙂

 

Wife cruised the old Mardi Gras twice and will never go back to Carnival.

Tom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

Do any NCL cabins not have coffee makers?  I don't do the inside or OV, but every cabin I have had, includes the coffee.  Suite is great butler refills the hot cocoa and coffee/tea.  But otherwise I just took what was needed from the Buffet 🙂

 

Wife cruised the old Mardi Gras twice and will never go back to Carnival.

Tom

 

Most lines have coffee makers, at least at some level of accommodations and higher.

 

Carnival was our first line, and where we got our sea legs. They are convenient and familiar - but once we finally exposed ourselves to the suite life on Royal, NCL, and Celebrity, I can't help but think how far Carnival falls short. 

 

I just put on my blinders and plow forward - to have a good time!

 

Tom

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

Do any NCL cabins not have coffee makers?

I don't believe there are any in the Studio cabins, but they have access to the Studio Lounge which has an Espresso maker that does not cost extra (generally regarded as the best free coffee on the ship outside the Haven)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

May be some duplicates/already posted earlier on.

 

Thanks for ALWAYS taking the time and effort to source and post these fabulous pix!

 

They are much appreciated and really get the excitement going!

 

It's truly amazing to see how you can take a basic set of design and engineering plans and make them look so different - Prima is already waaaaaaay more attractive than her Seaside cousins and the sort of disastrous Virgin Ladies (whenever I see them, I think: "is it time to do my weekly ironing?")

 

NCL also has the benefit of looking at the others and seeing what worked and what didn't. Ocean Boulevard on Seaside was seating for the main buffet and generally just wasted space. 

56 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RVACruiser43 said:

Do any NCL cabins not have coffee makers?  I don't do the inside or OV, but every cabin I have had, includes the coffee.  Suite is great butler refills the hot cocoa and coffee/tea.  But otherwise I just took what was needed from the Buffet 🙂

 

Wife cruised the old Mardi Gras twice and will never go back to Carnival.

Tom

If my memory serves me well, on NCL, interior and OV don't have coffee machine. Balcony and Club Balcony have a regular coffee maker.  Suites and Haven have the special coffee machine

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

 

Thanks for ALWAYS taking the time and effort to source and post these fabulous pix!

 

 Ocean Boulevard on Seaside was seating for the main buffet and generally just wasted space. 

 

 

i liked eating there realy much and got always a free table there.

 

for me the councurse and la terezza ist too much boring space there, but we will see.

my favourite bar at the seaview was the seaside bar ( after the yachtclub lounge ) with the glas front ( a little bit like the district brewhouse ), miss this at the Prima.But have to wait for the cruise to compare.

Edited by Steff79
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

 

Thanks for ALWAYS taking the time and effort to source and post these fabulous pix!

 

They are much appreciated and really get the excitement going!

 

 

 

You are welcome, just doing my bit in our common interest! :classic_happy: I've learned a lot from others, from people posting their live threads, making vlogs/videos, sharing ship knowledge, shore excursion reviews or getting local advice on destinations or departure ports.  And it's good fun to follow the build(s), we're getting some better and more pictures now.. 

 

And all I do is finding them and reposting them, with hundreds of people working at the ship yard and a media code in place at the yard we should quietly thank those few who have public social media profiles and share their snap shots. :classic_ninja:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you to EVERYONE who has contributed to this thread (especially FreestyleNovice!!!). These pictures are OUTSTANDING. I am so excited to journey on this ship! I also was hesitant about the racetrack being added, but it doesn't look as though it's taking up as much space as the B+ ships. 

 

I cant' believe how far along it's come, and with hardly any news from NCL themselves. If it wasn't for CC, we'd hardly know that they had a new ship coming lol. 

 

Thank you again to everyone!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

It is not "in-room".  It is on the balcony. And, for what we know now, only some Haven suites located at the back of the ship have that on the Balcony.  Someone will be able to tell you which categories have that (I'm almost sure there are more than 1 category)

The pools and hot tubs "More total pool space than any other ship..."  might be my perspective but between the two areas, it doesn't look as large as a center pool area.  Will be cool to see this.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holland America Line’s Alaska Exploration Sale
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...