Jump to content

Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

My guess is that those corner family suites are actually fine, and it's the regular balcony rooms in the squished corner which will be the worst - particularly on deck 14. The family balcony has their normal balcony looking directly off the side. It's not a corner balcony, as that is where the slides are. But those folks in the regular blue balcony rooms are getting their views blocked.

image.thumb.png.0baeae92b4cc0d2ba2d027a3188a63aa.png

 

Slide or no slide it looks like those 'inside corner' rooms don't have a great view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Perhaps a dumb question, but where on NCL's site can I see the deck plans?  I'm in room 13178...I just wanted to see where I am in relation to the slides to see if I need my TA to perhaps move me...  Thanks!

A link was posted earlier in this thread, you're nowhere CLOSE...

EDIT: I just noticed, the Studio rooms get even SMALLER, down to 94 sq. ft from the 99 on Bliss!

Edited by hallux
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, hallux said:

A link was posted earlier in this thread, you're nowhere CLOSE...

EDIT: I just noticed, the Studio rooms get even SMALLER, down to 94 sq. ft from the 99 on Bliss!

I noticed that too. Not sure how 5 SF will make a diff. but bet it'll matter more to some than others. 

I'm hoping I'll be outta there most of the time anyway.  Although... there may by a chance of an upgrade... yeah right.. LOL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

And another $10 says it’ll cost ya more than the $10 you wagered!  Sounds like Frank DelFEEo is finding all kinds of new ways to get $$$$ out of his ATM’s ……. I mean “guests”

Ha! And I'd further wager that there's gonna be some kind of gaming package...! Isn't there already one on the Bliss/Encore?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Ha! And I'd further wager that there's gonna be some kind of gaming package...! Isn't there already one on the Bliss/Encore?

There sure is - can mix and match Galaxy Pavilion/Laser Tag/Speedway for a hefty fee. 
 

I noticed in the details on the Galaxy Pavilion a blurb about partnering with Top Golf, and the darts venue shown obviously is a bay/rental concept.  The mini golf most likely will incur fees as well.  Additionally there were mentions of VIP boxes in the theater which you know will have a hefty fee.  Vibe also appears to occupy a significant amount of top deck space while the main pool deck seems smaller than ever. 


Don’t get me wrong - most of these are items not previously available but they ARE more and more restricting options that don’t incur an extra fee. NCL is losing that balance with each new ship they build. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Don’t get me wrong - most of these are items not previously available but they ARE more and more restricting options that don’t incur an extra fee. NCL is losing that balance with each new ship they build. 

I agree.  It's why I am resistant to ever try the Encore.  It seems like a nickel and dime experience but without Spice H2O, which was my absolute favorite place on the ship.  I am growing less excited about my Prima cruise rather than more excited.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hallux said:

 

EDIT: I just noticed, the Studio rooms get even SMALLER, down to 94 sq. ft from the 99 on Bliss!

 

Is bathroom space included in a cabin's square footage? The current Studio cabins have separate shower and toilet areas but the Prima version is an enclosed bathroom. Depending on how they calculate floor space, that could account for the 5 square feet that disappeared.

 

Not that we can really tell, but looking at the floorplan and pictures/videos, the space around the bed looks to be the same size on Prima as on Bliss/Encore - you just lose that little bit between the shower and toilet compartments, which only exists so you can enter one or the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, kayjaypea42 said:

I agree.  It's why I am resistant to ever try the Encore.  It seems like a nickel and dime experience but without Spice H2O, which was my absolute favorite place on the ship.  I am growing less excited about my Prima cruise rather than more excited.  


The ONLY reason I am sailing the Encore in December is because I got a free balcony room - just had to pay taxes, Fee@sea charges, DSC, etc. Otherwise I’d probably be sailing with Princess on the Enchanted. I’m not anti NCL, just not that sold on the larger ships. I’d prefer a Jewel class, Sun class or the Spirit. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, coastcat said:

 

Is bathroom space included in a cabin's square footage? The current Studio cabins have separate shower and toilet areas but the Prima version is an enclosed bathroom. Depending on how they calculate floor space, that could account for the 5 square feet that disappeared.

 

Not that we can really tell, but looking at the floorplan and pictures/videos, the space around the bed looks to be the same size on Prima as on Bliss/Encore - you just lose that little bit between the shower and toilet compartments, which only exists so you can enter one or the other.

 

As long as it's not like the (combo) toilet/shower in the bedrooms on Amtrak. If Amtrak got into the cruise business their largest stateroom/suite would be the size of a studio! 😄 

 

 

i-N49sCTd-L.jpg

 

 

Tom

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

I agree.  It's why I am resistant to ever try the Encore.  It seems like a nickel and dime experience but without Spice H2O, which was my absolute favorite place on the ship.  I am growing less excited about my Prima cruise rather than more excited.  

I'm respectfully curious to know why you consider it to be "nickle and dime experience"  If I stay in any hotel anywhere, I still have to pay for the added extra things I want to experience.  Minigolf is always a charge and usually down the street from a hotel.  Go carts would be additional money,  super slides would be money etc etc.   The cruise lines are giving us new options for fun and excitement but we can't expect them to be build in to the cost of a cruise that everyone would have to pay for.  These extras must be a "pay if you use it" type of experience to keep the costs lower for those who don't want to do those things? You know what I'm saying?  It makes sense to me.  How could you grow "less excited" about a cruise experience on one of the newest ships in the world?  You should be thrilled..LOL

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, hallux said:

They wouldn't be operating at night, I'm game!  Realistically, any cabin within 3 or 4 either side of the slides is going to have SOME noise related to them.  Yes, those right next to it will have the most.

Can anyone with more expertise in the deck plans tell if stateroom 13800 is near one of the slides? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dejlig Ko said:

Can anyone with more expertise in the deck plans tell if stateroom 13800 is near one of the slides? 

I refer you to the post earlier in this thread that I quoted on this very page.  There's an NCL page with staterooms numbered...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, hallux said:

I refer you to the post earlier in this thread that I quoted on this very page.  There's an NCL page with staterooms numbered...

Have gone back over your posts and quotes with no luck finding an “NCL page with staterooms numbered”  but thanks for the reply

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, gardening_guy said:

I'm respectfully curious to know why you consider it to be "nickle and dime experience"  If I stay in any hotel anywhere, I still have to pay for the added extra things I want to experience.  Minigolf is always a charge and usually down the street from a hotel.  Go carts would be additional money,  super slides would be money etc etc.   The cruise lines are giving us new options for fun and excitement but we can't expect them to be build in to the cost of a cruise that everyone would have to pay for.  These extras must be a "pay if you use it" type of experience to keep the costs lower for those who don't want to do those things? You know what I'm saying?  It makes sense to me.  How could you grow "less excited" about a cruise experience on one of the newest ships in the world?  You should be thrilled..LOL

Fair, but here's the thing: these things ARE built into the cost of other cruise lines, specifically Royal Caribbean.  There's no charge for things like the FlowRider, the RipCord, the carousel, the slides, etc.  AFAIK (and I am a noob to RCCL...I have my first cruise with them scheduled in May, so please correct me if I'm wrong), there aren''t any shows that have an upcharge either.  Now, you might say, "Well, they're way more expensive, and in some cases you're right, but doing an apples to apples comparison, so oceanview balcony cabin in RC to NCL''s Sailaway balcony cabin (no perks),  is very comparable if not cheaper.  Sure, if you're comparing the liquor pkg to the free at sea, no question NCL wins, but if you don't drink that much in general (which I don't..the NCL's free at sea pkg is barely worth it for me), you can come out about even paying a la carte.  So if you want to do all the things that are advertised so heavily on the ship, I feel like you'd be paying way more on the Encore than on Allure of the Seas, hence a nickel and dime perception.  Also contributing to the nickel and dime perception is when you start charging for things that used to be free or taking away things that were free in favor of things that are an upcharge.

Edited by kayjaypea42
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

From what I see, it looks like that my visits to the top decks will be rather limited.  High tech games is not my cup of tea. I thought they mentioned earlier that the new ships would cater to a more adult population.  Maybe they defined the word "Adult" by 12 to 60.

By the time my cruise on the Prima comes around I'll be 68.  Look for me on the slides and the go carts.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

There sure is - can mix and match Galaxy Pavilion/Laser Tag/Speedway for a hefty fee. 
 

I noticed in the details on the Galaxy Pavilion a blurb about partnering with Top Golf, and the darts venue shown obviously is a bay/rental concept.  The mini golf most likely will incur fees as well.  Additionally there were mentions of VIP boxes in the theater which you know will have a hefty fee.  Vibe also appears to occupy a significant amount of top deck space while the main pool deck seems smaller than ever. 


Don’t get me wrong - most of these are items not previously available but they ARE more and more restricting options that don’t incur an extra fee. NCL is losing that balance with each new ship they build. 

I do not think the main pool deck needs to be that large considering 2 of the 3 pools are on deck 8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d have to admit I’m a bit disappointed at this latest release.  I was led to believe after the gimmick away class these smaller ships were more akin to replacing the star class. 
 

why they stuck the Galaxy Pavilion on a upper deck where a nice observation/show lounge would be I don’t understand!

 

no sign of the Brewhouse District? Has anyone heard definite one way or another? 
 

Feel sorry for those near the slides, I’ve been on lots of the Oasis class ships and those slides were open day AND some nights and complaints galore from the broadway balcony cabins as the screams echoed down.

 

The only interesting thing on there is the convertible theatre to nightclub.  I’d got images of the slanted floor with seats lifting into the ceiling void to reveal the area underneath (where the smokehouse etc is on away plus class) 

 

I also noticed slipped in on deck 7 is the pour house and a impro/comedy venue.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dejlig Ko said:

Have gone back over your posts and quotes with no luck finding an “NCL page with staterooms numbered”  but thanks for the reply

I guess I mis-typed.  In my post #2005 on this page I linked back to the post earlier in the thread that had the link.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: AmaWaterways - Journey Through Europe
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...