Jump to content

Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!


Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, golden6911 said:

I hope there is a spa as I booked a spa balcony cabin.  Otherwise, that category shouldn't exist. 

Casino and Spa are a money generator for the cruiselines

You can be sure that both will be present on all ships

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, wendi0731 said:

Does anyone have inside scoop on if the prima will have a casino or a spa?   
 

I can’t see anywhere where it confirms there is a casino… However it is allowing me to buy into slot and poker tournaments on myncl. 

 

The gentleman from customer service that I spoke to said that neither have been confirmed. However my husband called and spoke to a supervisor who said that, though details haven’t been released yet, that there would be both. 

They are selling Balcony cabins with 'access to thermal spa'.

 

I'm pretty sure it will have a casino.   Otherwise, why did CAS comp me the 11 day cruise🤔

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, money, money, money... show me the money.  NCL is all about the money honey.  Doubt very much if NCL would design a ship without those amenities (if you can call them that) on any ships other than those Pride American - designed for Hawaii or Joy, previously designed for the Asian market. 

Each is uniquely designed for their specific needs or previously needs. 

 

At this point, I can't blame them for attempting any money grabs they can make.  I want to cruise on NCL. 

Cheers 🥂 🍺 🥤🎲

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Yeah, money, money, money... show me the money.  NCL is all about the money honey.  Doubt very much if NCL would design a ship without those amenities (if you can call them that) on any ships other than those Pride American - designed for Hawaii or Joy, previously designed for the Asian market. 

Each is uniquely designed for their specific needs or previously needs. 

 

At this point, I can't blame them for attempting any money grabs they can make.  I want to cruise on NCL. 

Cheers 🥂 🍺 🥤🎲

Why NCL.  Have you sailed with them before? Or just wanting to try them? I’ve never tried them before but there up next year for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, wendi0731 said:

Does anyone have inside scoop on if the prima will have a casino or a spa?   
 

I can’t see anywhere where it confirms there is a casino… However it is allowing me to buy into slot and poker tournaments on myncl. 

 

The gentleman from customer service that I spoke to said that neither have been confirmed. However my husband called and spoke to a supervisor who said that, though details haven’t been released yet, that there would be both. 

I have no inside information, but I can't imagine they wouldn't have big moneymakers like a spa and casino.  Other than the Pride of America, which can't have a casino for legal reasons, every NCL ship has both.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Drews_Cruise said:

Why NCL.  Have you sailed with them before? Or just wanting to try them? I’ve never tried them before but there up next year for sure.

Yes, I've cruised with NCL since 2012.. the first few were with my late DH.  We really enjoyed our cruises. I'm Platinum, soon to be Plat. +. I've done several cruises as  a solo (since 2017) and just find that with the interaction between the Solo host and the groups of solos (single solos and LGBTQ community ) is just so easy and accepting that I'm not sure any other cruise line could do much better. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Yes, I've cruised with NCL since 2012.. the first few were with my late DH.  We really enjoyed our cruises. I'm Platinum, soon to be Plat. +. I've done several cruises as  a solo (since 2017) and just find that with the interaction between the Solo host and the groups of solos (single solos and LGBTQ community ) is just so easy and accepting that I'm not sure any other cruise line could do much better. 

I think this is the usual patern for experienced cruisers.  When you start cruising, you try several cruiselines.  There are some facts that you like on one line but don't like on others. Once you've done several cruises, you know what you want and what you don't want and many cruisers will then book cruises on only one or two cruise lines.  For me (also a platinum + on NCL), for various reasons, I will never cruise again on Carnival, MSC and Royal.  I might go back on Celebrity.  All my cruises since 2015 were on an NCL ship.  In 2023, I will sail on an Oceania Ship, which is a different brand of NCLH.  Now within the NCL brand, I have developed my own preferences.  For instance, I will not sail again on the NCL Epic.  Once I have sailed on the Prima (and other ships on the Prima class), I will see if I like it or not)

 

There is a huge variety of ships out there.  And everyone has its own preference.  Some people will never sail again on an NCL ship

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

I think this is the usual patern for experienced cruisers.  When you start cruising, you try several cruiselines.  There are some facts that you like on one line but don't like on others. Once you've done several cruises, you know what you want and what you don't want and many cruisers will then book cruises on only one or two cruise lines.  For me (also a platinum + on NCL), for various reasons, I will never cruise again on Carnival, MSC and Royal.  I might go back on Celebrity.  All my cruises since 2015 were on an NCL ship.  In 2023, I will sail on an Oceania Ship, which is a different brand of NCLH.  Now within the NCL brand, I have developed my own preferences.  For instance, I will not sail again on the NCL Epic.  Once I have sailed on the Prima (and other ships on the Prima class), I will see if I like it or not)

 

There is a huge variety of ships out there.  And everyone has its own preference.  Some people will never sail again on an NCL ship

I’ve been on NCL twice and celebrity A few times decades ago… curious what turned you off so bad on the epic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, wendi0731 said:

I’ve been on NCL twice and celebrity A few times decades ago… curious what turned you off so bad on the epic?

 

Epic has a very unique layout, both of the ship and the individual staterooms.  It tends to be a least favorite ship.  It isn't my favorite either but if the itinerary and price were right, I'd still sail on it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

I think this is the usual patern for experienced cruisers.  When you start cruising, you try several cruiselines.  There are some facts that you like on one line but don't like on others. Once you've done several cruises, you know what you want and what you don't want and many cruisers will then book cruises on only one or two cruise lines.  For me (also a platinum + on NCL), for various reasons, I will never cruise again on Carnival, MSC and Royal.  I might go back on Celebrity.  All my cruises since 2015 were on an NCL ship.  In 2023, I will sail on an Oceania Ship, which is a different brand of NCLH.  Now within the NCL brand, I have developed my own preferences.  For instance, I will not sail again on the NCL Epic.  Once I have sailed on the Prima (and other ships on the Prima class), I will see if I like it or not)

 

There is a huge variety of ships out there.  And everyone has its own preference.  Some people will never sail again on an NCL ship

the epic is awful .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/6/2021 at 9:09 AM, BenCoudon said:

I think this is the usual patern for experienced cruisers.  When you start cruising, you try several cruiselines.  There are some facts that you like on one line but don't like on others. Once you've done several cruises, you know what you want and what you don't want and many cruisers will then book cruises on only one or two cruise lines.  For me (also a platinum + on NCL), for various reasons, I will never cruise again on Carnival, MSC and Royal.  I might go back on Celebrity.  All my cruises since 2015 were on an NCL ship.  In 2023, I will sail on an Oceania Ship, which is a different brand of NCLH.  Now within the NCL brand, I have developed my own preferences.  For instance, I will not sail again on the NCL Epic.  Once I have sailed on the Prima (and other ships on the Prima class), I will see if I like it or not)

 

There is a huge variety of ships out there.  And everyone has its own preference.  Some people will never sail again on an NCL ship

 

We're in the 'explore multiple cruise lines' phase right now. We've been on NCL Escape (minisuite, was wonderful), MSC twice (in the yacht club, loved both times), RCL Allure (Aqua Theater Suite was fantastic, ship itself was humongous, friendly service w/o being too in-your-face), and we have scheduled:
- MSC Seashore Jan '22

- NCL Joy May '22

- Carnival Mardi Gras Oct '22

- NCL Prima Jan '23

- VV Resilient Lady Apr '23

 

By the end of that we'll have done quite the tour of cruise lines. The only other line we think we'll want to try is Celebrity, and after that it'll be interesting to see what line or lines are our favorites overall. We had a great time on the Escape which is why NCL is on the list twice.

 

On NCL Prima we booked an HA (Haven aft-facing pentouse with large balcony) and I have really high hopes for that cabin.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, karmamule said:

 

We're in the 'explore multiple cruise lines' phase right now. We've been on NCL Escape (minisuite, was wonderful), MSC twice (in the yacht club, loved both times), RCL Allure (Aqua Theater Suite was fantastic, ship itself was humongous, friendly service w/o being too in-your-face), and we have scheduled:
- MSC Seashore Jan '22

- NCL Joy May '22

- Carnival Mardi Gras Oct '22

- NCL Prima Jan '23

- VV Resilient Lady Apr '23

 

By the end of that we'll have done quite the tour of cruise lines. The only other line we think we'll want to try is Celebrity, and after that it'll be interesting to see what line or lines are our favorites overall. We had a great time on the Escape which is why NCL is on the list twice.

 

On NCL Prima we booked an HA (Haven aft-facing pentouse with large balcony) and I have really high hopes for that cabin.

On most ships, aft-facing cabins are quite amazing.  Usually, balconies are warmer, as the ship block most of the wind.  The view is quite nice, as you have a 180 deg view of the ocean.  Now, depending of the ship, on the balcony, the engine noise and the propellers can be louder than when you  have a balcony on either side of the ship.  For one, I like that noise.  It really gives you the feeling that you are at sea.  But I heard somme cruisers that didn't enjoy that noise at all.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...