Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Rolls of insulation dock side. Perhaps we might get to see some raw interior shots for Christmas. :classic_biggrin:

I am told that the bookings for the Prima are still strong despite the lack of information.  The majority of cruisers (and travel agents) are not as curious as we are here.  My best guess is they are preparing the launch of the Leonardo 2 for the winter and as we expect that it will be very similar to the Prima,  they need new information for that launch.  A marketing strategy.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

Man, it looks like there’s a long way to go!  I hope it’s done on time….

Having done New Builds and Dry Docks you'd be amazed what can be finished in very little time!!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

Does anyone know how far in advance of the August inaugural sailing that the ship is usually handed over to NCL?

A few weeks. The handover is after sea trials are accomplished, after that the ship will get her hotel supplies at a port and the full crew will embark. NCL used the smaller Dutch Eemshaven and German Bremerhaven for that with Meyer Werft deliveries, near the German coast and Ems river. NCL does not want to pay premium prices, don't we all? :classic_wink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

Does anyone know how far in advance of the August inaugural sailing that the ship is usually handed over to NCL?

At least a couple of days earlier... as the ship has to get to Amsterdam first.

The last delivieries by Meyer Werft were a day prior to the first pre inaugural sailing (usually from Bremerhaven to Southampton - and the first revenue cruise started out of Southampton). But then the ship was already in Bremerhaven. Which BTW is chosen by Meyer Werft to avoid the German VAT. Bremerhaven is a toll free port.

steamboats

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

With Leo #2 playing peekaboo. :classic_biggrin:

263354810_10223109868367019_2295644743104062190_n.jpg

This is what I thought.  Lower left of the picture, in dry dock where the Prima used to be, blocks of the Leonardo 2 starting to be visible.  Once the Prima is gone, it should be about the time where the Leonardo 2 will leave dry dock and assembly  the Leonardo 3 will start.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

A few weeks. The handover is after sea trials are accomplished, after that the ship will get her hotel supplies at a port and the full crew will embark. NCL used the smaller Dutch Eemshaven and German Bremerhaven for that with Meyer Werft deliveries, near the German coast and Ems river. NCL does not want to pay premium prices, don't we all? :classic_wink:

RCCL uses those ports as well. 

15 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

With Leo #2 playing peekaboo. :classic_biggrin:

263354810_10223109868367019_2295644743104062190_n.jpg

If you zoom at the front of the Bridge there are two white masts at the top of the bridge. And a smaller one in the middle.
I don‘t think they are temporary.  I think there is coming something, maybe with the secret space at the top deck?
we will see if and what. 

or do they need it for the building? Don‘t think so. But at the aft there is a white mast too?

Edited by Steff79

5 hours ago, SakeDad said:

I mean for New Builds. I had to ship costumes to Spectrum of the Seas.

Yes, of course for the new builds... but it´s Meyer Werft using the ports. Meyer Weft did build the ships. They own the ships until the hand over. Meyer does this at Bremerhaven as it´s a toll free port (and therefore saves them 19% German VAT).

Eemshaven is usually just used for finishing work and as starting point for the sea trials. I once embarked in Eemshaven on a pre inaugural cruise (Celebrity Reflection).

steamboats

13 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Look in the back - do any of the other ships have a one-sided section along the wall like that?

Usually those tepanyaki tables are U-shaped indeed. 

This render came from the Studio Dado Instagram before they realised their mistake and pulled it. There are a few close ups of Syd Norman and Los Lobos art/style items on their page too, going into detail about the interior styling but not as much fun to share than an unannounced tepanyaki venue. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

We just got invited from our TA to a " NCL Virtual Cruise Night featuring the Prima ", just wondering if we know more about the ship thru this thread than they do? I'll ask about the MDR's.

Pretty please would you please ask about an Observation Lounge.

Thank you

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lanzador said:

Is there a site which has the square footage for individual cabins?  Interval International does, but the numbers for the forward-facing corner clubs don’t seem right.

Are they different from regular club rooms?  We have one booked and assume it was a regular size club room with the wraparound balcony. 

12 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Are they different from regular club rooms?  We have one booked and assume it was a regular size club room with the wraparound balcony. 

A literal reading of the deck plans (always a bit of a risky thing to do) would suggest that they are an odd shape.

I suspect that we will have to wait until August to find out for sure though.