What is it going to take to get you back on board?

4 hours ago, vintagegarage said:

As soon as cruisemapper shows a ship en-route to a Florida port, and that ship is still on schedule to leave on time from that Florida port, I'll be booking that cruise.  No need to book anything until the ship is actually on the way to the embarkation port.

With capacity limits likely in place during the early return to service, booking just a couple of days out may not be an option.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, navychica said:

Oops, haven’t updated my location, we’re in Alabama now. State ordnance is ages 6 and up, but our local ordnance is ages 2 and up. Many national stores are saying age 2, as well as the airlines; Jet Blue kicked off a mother and her 6 children last week because the 2 year old wouldn’t keep hers on.

My daughter did pretty well with the mask on the few instances she’s been in the store lately; it’s really just a mental block with me that affects my mood when I see young kids’ smiles covered up.

I totally understand.  Seeing a child laugh or smile gives us a sense of joy.  I hope we all look forward to the day when masks will no longer be necessary.

As we are nearing September, the chances we’ll cruise this year are fading.  We had a twelve year streak, but will start another.  What I’m going to miss this year is not being on a ship during Xmas or New Years.  As soon as a vaccine is available, my DW, DS and I will be at our GP’s and looking for our next cruise.  Hope to see you all sooner than later 🙂 

Edited by Airbear232

9 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

As we are nearing September, the chances we’ll cruise this year are fading.  We had a twelve year streak, but will start another.  What I’m going to miss this year is not being on a ship during Xmas or New Years.  As soon as a vaccine is available, my DW, DS and I will be at our GP’s and looking for our next cruise.  Hope to see you all sooner than later 🙂 

I hear you.  We haven't gone this long without a cruise in the last 15 years or so.  But I realize and accept we have to wait until it's safe.  Looking forward to that time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fundirector said:

When I finally get my refund for my ALASKAN cruise we had booked for August. Been fighting for it since June. So far NOTHING but frustration and BS from Royal. If no refund I’ll never sail RCCL again. 

Did you (I've read many of your posts on this and am confused) actually cancel your cruise before RCI did and did you make your final payment or not?

It will take a vaccine for Covid to have been invented.   And for a minimum of 6 months to pass with ships back in operation .. and without any mass quarantines.   And not having a mask requirement by then would be a nice touch, but i could deal with masks if required.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F27TW said:

It will take a vaccine for Covid to have been invented.   And for a minimum of 6 months to pass with ships back in operation .. and without any mass quarantines.   And not having a mask requirement by then would be a nice touch, but i could deal with masks if required.

Exactly the way I feel

• Like 1

No masks, no testing prior to boarding and every port open and ready to receive. Also no mandatory ship excursions.

And, the same level of product and service as was before the virus. A further downgrade of cruising product will not be tolerated period.

So cruising, good luck getting me to book.

• Like 2

Someone wearing a ski mask sticking a Glock in my ribs. We've cut back our cruising about 80% due to high pricing, and a deterioration of the product, in our estimation. With the massive debt they've taken on, in order to pay it back, they probably will have to raise prices and water down the product even more. Neither one is acceptable.

The virus would have to be dealt with first of all.

41 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Someone wearing a ski mask sticking a Glock in my ribs. We've cut back our cruising about 80% due to high pricing, and a deterioration of the product, in our estimation. With the massive debt they've taken on, in order to pay it back, they probably will have to raise prices and water down the product even more. Neither one is acceptable.

The virus would have to be dealt with first of all.

Oh dear...over 26+ cruises with RCI and that's never happened. Where did this happen to you ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

I was responding to the post that ask “What would it take to get you back on board?”. This didn’t actually happen.

That's  precisely why it pays to quote the post you are responding to.

I took it the same way as Ashland.

• Haha 1

When they start sailing, I will start cruising.  We have seven booked, one every month from November to May. I am fine with temperature checks, rapid COVID tests, masks, etc.  Ok with staying on the ship or taking a cruise line tour.  A quarantine on the ship would be troublesome but I can work anywhere there is internet and I am not booking anything without a balcony.  

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

That's  precisely why it pays to quote the post you are responding to.

I took it the same way as Ashland.

I didn't respond to a quote, I responded to the question asked in the title of the blog, "What would it take to get you back on board?"

One thing I thought about was the what if scenarios....

1. What if you contract Covid 19 while on a cruise? Will the cruise line abandon you at the next port, quarantine you on the ship, quarantined at the return port, quarantine the entire family?
  2. Will the CDC require quarantine at the home port for anyone that has been in contact with the person?
  3. Will the person be banned from flying home if they flew in? Not sure why I asked this question because it is impossible to pass or contract Covid-19 on airlines or airports. 
  4. If you cannot fly, will you be able to rent a car to drive yourself home?
  5. Travel insurance is a pain to begin with, but what  will you be able to recoup from them?
  6. What liability does the cruise line have if someone else on the ship forces them to quarantine you, ruining your vacation?

5 hours ago, bigrednole said:

One thing I thought about was the what if scenarios....

1. What if you contract Covid 19 while on a cruise? Will the cruise line abandon you at the next port, quarantine you on the ship, quarantined at the return port, quarantine the entire family?
  2. Will the CDC require quarantine at the home port for anyone that has been in contact with the person?
  3. Will the person be banned from flying home if they flew in? Not sure why I asked this question because it is impossible to pass or contract Covid-19 on airlines or airports. 
  4. If you cannot fly, will you be able to rent a car to drive yourself home?
  5. Travel insurance is a pain to begin with, but what  will you be able to recoup from them?
  6. What liability does the cruise line have if someone else on the ship forces them to quarantine you, ruining your vacation?

Very good points - many of them I wonder myself.