Jump to content

Captain's Club Level for Spouses


kebrown
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, spencerdrivecruiser said:

What if a couple that is Zenith, both have the 3000 plus points, get divorced and each remarries.  Is the Zenith benefit now for the four of them?   What a deal!  

Yes. Tier levels are reciprocal but cruise points aren't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2020 at 4:48 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

What constitutes losing your spouse?  She was supposed to meet me at the grocery store this morning.  Did not show up.  Cell phone off.  Does that me she is lost and my daughter who is staying with us can get my status?

Do I need to report that she is lost?  Who do I call if I find her?

 

I assume you are kidding!  Death, divorce or perhaps just not sailing with you!  Perhaps ghost busters can help you locate her!  

Edited by Cruise a holic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess I never stopped to consider that spouses accounts are linked and if the couple splits up the accounts could be unlinked.  I always assumed that it was handled like children who retain their status , but only have the points for cruises that they actually sailed, when the turn 18 and the accounts are unlinked.  It must be more common than I thought for someone to request the accounts be unlinked so they can link with their new significant other.  Sort of a final parting shot.  🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I guess I never stopped to consider that spouses accounts are linked and if the couple splits up the accounts could be unlinked.  I always assumed that it was handled like children who retain their status , but only have the points for cruises that they actually sailed, when the turn 18 and the accounts are unlinked.  It must be more common than I thought for someone to request the accounts be unlinked so they can link with their new significant other.  Sort of a final parting shot.  🤔

 

Now I'll confuse you, when CC started in the early 90s the membership was family.   I still have my sons and daughters CC cards  from when they were 6 and 8.   That was changed years later but my son has been a Captains Club member continuously since he was 6 and he's 35 now.   The cards had 5 digits then.

 

Anyway, I always tell people who are sailing with their kids to save the cards for proof they sailed when they turn 18.   Computer systems change and things can get lost when that happens. 

Edited by dkjretired
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2020 at 6:21 PM, dkjretired said:

There is a little known exception to this rule.  Yes, she will obtain the same benefits as you do and will be elite plus however for some reason if she were to go on a cruise without you, she would then revert back to elite.   

Absolutely incorrect! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2020 at 5:00 PM, gold1953 said:

maybe different wording.. If your spouse passes away or you you trade them in for a new model.. or they trade you in.. am I just getting deeper in doodoo here??,,lol

Funny!  But what happens if you trade in your spouse for a new model during the cruise?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dkjretired said:


Proof please

My daughter came to live with us, she had one Celebrity Cruise, and I called Captains Club and they made her Elite (my status). She took a cruise with her boyfriend without me.

Her Seapass was marked Elite as we're her luggage tags. She received all ELite benefits on the cruise. She cruised again 6 months later, same thing.

However she only accumulate her own points. So in order to make Elite Plus she must earn 750 points on her own. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oneputt18 said:

My daughter came to live with us, she had one Celebrity Cruise, and I called Captains Club and they made her Elite (my status). She took a cruise with her boyfriend without me.

Her Seapass was marked Elite as we're her luggage tags. She received all ELite benefits on the cruise. She cruised again 6 months later, same thing.

However she only accumulate her own points. So in order to make Elite Plus she must earn 750 points on her own. 

 

If your daughter was over 18 y/o (sounds like she is based on your last sentence), moved back in with you, then she got lucky due to a Celebrity agent or Captains Club rep. not knowing their own program and shouldn't have made your daughter elite. Now if she was under 18 and moved back home with you, different story. But over 18 y/o that's where the parents tier level matching stops for kids. Agree with your last sentence. 

Edited by davekathy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If your daughter was over 18 y/o (sounds like she is based on your last sentence), moved back in with you, then she got lucky due to a Celebrity agent or Captains Club rep. not knowing their own program and shouldn't have made your daughter elite. Now if she was under 18 and moved back home with you, different story. But over 18 y/o that's where the parents tier level matching stops for kids. Agree with your last sentence. 

Are you telling me that if I'm elite and I have a 4 and 6 year old (and, should it need to be said, they both live with me) that calling Captain's Club will make both of them elite?  I'm now trying to think what benefits this would even get us-- an extra 2 bags of laundry? More free internet minutes?  Can they get soda for free during captain's club happy hour? 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JennAngel9 said:

Are you telling me that if I'm elite and I have a 4 and 6 year old (and, should it need to be said, they both live with me) that calling Captain's Club will make both of them elite?  I'm now trying to think what benefits this would even get us-- an extra 2 bags of laundry? More free internet minutes?  Can they get soda for free during captain's club happy hour? 😉

That's correct. Your kids will have the same tier level and cruise points as you until they turn 18 y/o. At 18 y/o whether they live with you or not they maintain the same tier level but start earning their own cruise points as they cruise with or without you going forward. Yes they can get soda during the two hour CC HH window. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Funny!  But what happens if you trade in your spouse for a new model during the cruise?

Trust me  ( not from experience though ) if that happens, points, status , whatever, won't matter.

You Lawyer's contact information will be very important.

Hint-- Make sure you get that free bag of laundry and the scoop of gelato before any changes are made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

That's correct. Your kids will have the same tier level and cruise points as you until they turn 18 y/o. At 18 y/o whether they live with you or not they maintain the same tier level but start earning their own cruise points as they cruise with or without you going forward. Yes they can get soda during the two hour CC HH window. 

Wow, that's really cool.  Thanks davekathy! If we can get the pandemic under control, I assume they will be Elite Plus by the time they turn 18-- and since I'll probably still be paying their onboard expenses for at least another decade, it'll be nice to save on incidentals.  😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, oneputt18 said:

My daughter came to live with us, she had one Celebrity Cruise, and I called Captains Club and they made her Elite (my status). She took a cruise with her boyfriend without me.

Her Seapass was marked Elite as we're her luggage tags. She received all ELite benefits on the cruise. She cruised again 6 months later, same thing.

However she only accumulate her own points. So in order to make Elite Plus she must earn 750 points on her own. 

 


Others have reported otherwise, as I have stated earlier and many times Celebrity has always been consistently inconsistent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dkjretired said:


Others have reported otherwise, as I have stated earlier and many times Celebrity has always been consistently inconsistent.

The Celebrity agent or Captains Club rep. should have denied the request based on the age of the daughter ( if she was 18 or older which I believe she is). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JennAngel9 said:

Wow, that's really cool.  Thanks davekathy! If we can get the pandemic under control, I assume they will be Elite Plus by the time they turn 18-- and since I'll probably still be paying their onboard expenses for at least another decade, it'll be nice to save on incidentals.  😉

 

Keep those cards for proof, computers change, my son lost a couple of cruises when they did.   They will be given the points for any cruise under 18 so they don't have to start over at 18.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

Is this a new CC perk/benefit and for what tier level? 🤣

I think as Elite+ now, if I find a nice Zenith during the cruise and move in with her maybe I could get some upgraded Zenith benefits??  😄

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I think as Elite+ now, if I find a nice Zenith during the cruise and move in with her maybe I could get some upgraded Zenith benefits??  😄

LOL-- You made me think of some " benefits " that by the time anyone gets to Zenith the " benefits " might no be soooo upgraded.  If I think what I think you are " dreaming " of,  you'd be better off with a 32 yr old Select member on her first cruise looking for a Sugar Daddy --- 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, davekathy said:

If your daughter was over 18 y/o (sounds like she is based on your last sentence), moved back in with you, then she got lucky due to a Celebrity agent or Captains Club rep. not knowing their own program and shouldn't have made your daughter elite. Now if she was under 18 and moved back home with you, different story. But over 18 y/o that's where the parents tier level matching stops for kids. Agree with your last sentence. 

This is a repeat of what I posted earlier.  I would think if the daughter lives with her mother and is over 18 years old that she would be considered an adult. 
 

Relationship Points and Status

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654. While each member still earns points based on their individual sailing activity, both will have access to the points and tier level associated with the member who has the higher Club Point balance. If the members ever stop residing at the same address, Celebrity may unlink the accounts. Members can also request their accounts be unlinked by calling 1-800-760-0654. Each member will then only have access to the points and tier earned individually.

For example, if member A has 100 points and member B has 175 points, individually, member A is a Classic member, and member B is a Select member. However, if member A and member B link their accounts, member A would then have 175 “relationship” points and Select status as well.

  • If member A takes another sailing and earns an additional 35 points, member A would then have 135 “individual” points but still only 175 “relationship” points and Select status.
  • If member A and B stop residing at the same address and the accounts are unlinked, member A would have 135 “individual” points and revert back to Classic status. Member B would retain all 175 “individual” points and remain at Select status.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/4/2020 at 10:21 AM, gerelmx said:

 

 

 

I just hung up with Celebrity Captains club, Mariana was the person who doesn't helped me. Same answer as onboard other cruises.

She needs 9 points to be elite. No power Up points emails for both of us, and She will be elite until next cruise. 🤬

If I understanding correctly, Mariana was not understanding the Celebrity policy or the policy has changed.  If you spouse lives with you at the same address (actually any adult) and your accounts are linked, your spouse will obtain your status. See previous posting.  You can find this information on the Celebrity Website.

You may want to call And link your accounts or link your accounts on line.  Then call back.

 

Good luck.

 

P.S.  Your spouse is not receiving your benefits, but they obtaining the same status.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

If I understanding correctly, Mariana was not understanding the Celebrity policy or the policy has changed.  If you spouse lives with you at the same address (actually any adult) and your accounts are linked, your spouse will obtain your status. See previous posting.  You can find this information on the Celebrity Website.

You may want to call And link your accounts or link your accounts on line.  Then call back.

 

Good luck.

 

P.S.  Your spouse is not receiving your benefits, but they obtaining the same status.

Its weird, because I doubt that any of the spouses would be travelling by themselves. So, in my opinion it shouldnt be a problem really. Why cant the husband (if he is the "main" status client) do the booking to avoid such a problem? I think that it will solve all the problems connected with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Its weird, because I doubt that any of the spouses would be travelling by themselves. So, in my opinion it shouldnt be a problem really. Why cant the husband (if he is the "main" status client) do the booking to avoid such a problem? I think that it will solve all the problems connected with it. 

Wow, time warp back to 1950's thinking! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by...

Yeah, I familiar with this. When I questioned this ( a few years ago) the Captains Club rep. at that time advised me that it didn't pertain to children over the age of 18 living at the same address (?). Is it a Celebrity CC rep. not knowing or Celebrity's consistently inconsistent website. I don't have a clown in this circus so let the show go on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...