Cruise Critic Community
KyOh

Cruise refund return

Our December cruise was cancelled and we called and chose to take the cash refund.  Very promptly we received a notice from American Express with a refund from Viking.  However, it is $1000 short.  This was the amount of our initial deposit.  Has anyone else gotten their refund in two payments?  I don't know if I should wait on this or call immediately.  

Thanks.  

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, KyOh said:

Our December cruise was cancelled and we called and chose to take the cash refund.  Very promptly we received a notice from American Express with a refund from Viking.  However, it is $1000 short.  This was the amount of our initial deposit.  Has anyone else gotten their refund in two payments?  I don't know if I should wait on this or call immediately.  

Thanks.  

Edited by Squawkman
Hit button too soon

Was the Amex account a credit card? Was the deposit the same source? Refunded cruises I experienced were all the same credit card for deposit and final payment, and I always got it all back together.

We requested a cash refund of our cancelled cruise and we received the credit in 2 amounts, with the $1000 portion coming a day or two later. You should see the $1000 any day now.

Posted (edited)

If not contact Viking and ask what is going on. They owe you money; don't feel reticient about contacting them.

Edited by Peregrina651

Our refund fell through the cracks, so after a call they issued a cheque within a couple of days, which was couriered to the house.

Posted (edited)

The $1000 deposit credit came through today.  I was impressed with how quickly the money was returned.  Now I have my fingers crossed for our river cruise in April!

Edited by KyOh
spelling

We received our refund in 10 Days and it was two separate transacttions a day apart

On 8/20/2020 at 12:47 PM, KyOh said:

The $1000 deposit credit came through today.  I was impressed with how quickly the money was returned.  Now I have my fingers crossed for our river cruise in April!

Fingers crossed here too for our river cruise in May.

Just want to chime in that we are also pleased with Viking's responsiveness in providing a refund of our November cruise payment, especially after reading about difficulties others have had with different cruise lines.  We look forward to future cruises with Viking.