Cruise Critic Community
SpainAlien

Requested Cancellation - How long to take effect?

I wonder if you can answer a question for me?  Perhaps I am being unreasonable.

I contacted my PCC at NCL yesterday and asked him to cancel our cruise for September 2021 under the Peace of Mind policy.  I thought it would have been done immediately and therefore I am surprised that 24 hours later the cruise is still showing on My NCL and we do not yet have the FCC.  How long does it normally take?

Many thanks

I have just spoken to my PCC and he says that it will take 15-20 days for the FCC to appear in MyNCL.   I do not have a good relationship with my PCC he has lied to me many times and I do not trust what he is saying now, I suspect that he is putting off the cancellation until after the end of month for some reason - perhaps his sales figures.  

Why are you taking a FCC credit for September 2021 already? Is that how it was paid for originally? 

25 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Why are you taking a FCC credit for September 2021 already? Is that how it was paid for originally? 

In EU deposits are non refundable immediately therefore I can only get FCC because of the Peace of Mind policy otherwise I would lose the 560€ I had to pay as a deposit last year

3 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

I have just spoken to my PCC and he says that it will take 15-20 days for the FCC to appear in MyNCL.   I do not have a good relationship with my PCC he has lied to me many times and I do not trust what he is saying now, I suspect that he is putting off the cancellation until after the end of month for some reason - perhaps his sales figures.  

Cancelled our B to B Greece cruise for May 2021 Monday and rebooked (lost the OBC but saved 900 pounds).  Cancellation email came within minutes followed by the new booking email.  P.C.C. said the FCC  (deposits returned under the peace of mind)  from the original booking should appear in our account between two and three weeks .

We live in mainland Spain but book through the U.K. call centre

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, deniseatnycs said:

We live in mainland Spain but book through the U.K. call centre

The same as us, we live in Alicante province but our PCC is in the international division of Miami. We want to rebook with the UK call centre because we have a better relationship with them

I asked the PCC to cancel yesterday and he still hasn't done it 

Edited by SpainAlien

5 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

The same as us, we live in Alicante province but our PCC is in the international division of Miami. We want to rebook with the UK call centre because we have a better relationship with them

I asked the PCC to cancel yesterday and he still hasn't done it 

Small world we have an apartment at Villamartin and our home in a Spanish village just outside Orihuela.  We were "allocated" a Spain based PCC by Miami but after 2 telephone conversations ended the relationship and went back the the excellent U.K. team.

Looking forward to cruising again we have seven booked with NCL the first the T.A. out of Barcelona in November, living in hope as the Epic is in Europe but being realistic so have a plan B to use up our Alicante to Barcelona flight and Hotel bookings