Jump to content

Where was I?


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, qbay46 said:

Is that Newton Circus, Singapore, we had some great food there.

It certainly is. I just kept going back because I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Suzbluz said:

It certainly is. I just kept going back because I really enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. 

I remember having some great food there many years ago, but I recall it looking a lot shabbier then, which is why I didn't recognize it. Perhaps it had a makeover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I remember having some great food there many years ago, but I recall it looking a lot shabbier then, which is why I didn't recognize it. Perhaps it had a makeover.

Yes it has had a make over,i to remember it many years ago when it look very different, I also have been when it looks like that now, the food was great every time I went.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Yes it has had a make over,i to remember it many years ago when it look very different, I also have been when it looks like that now, the food was great every time I went.

The last time I went there it was getting quite rundown and a number of the stalls were closed. I forgot about it after that. We tended to stay near Suntec City as the company Rolf worked for had offices there so when we weren't getting taken to interesting places by local colleagues we tended to mostly go to Gluttons Bay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The last time I went there it was getting quite rundown and a number of the stalls were closed. I forgot about it after that. We tended to stay near Suntec City as the company Rolf worked for had offices there so when we weren't getting taken to interesting places by local colleagues we tended to mostly go to Gluttons Bay.

Yes the last time there we went to Singapore we stayed down near the water and there are lots of good food stalls down there, Newton Circus is a bit out of the way to get to.Hope we get back there one day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Devonport NZ?

Correct Lyndon. Looking from Mount Takarunga (Mt Victoria) out over Maungaiki (North Head Historic Reseve). Fantastic 360 degree view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Correct Lyndon. Looking from Mount Takarunga (Mt Victoria) out over Maungaiki (North Head Historic Reseve). Fantastic 360 degree view.

Thanks. I recognised North Head but couldn't place the foreground. Was there February last year doing my third Segway tour. Great fun. Noticed a lot restoration of old colonial homes. Should be called Millionairsport.😁

Stand by for pic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Thanks. I recognised North Head but couldn't place the foreground. Was there February last year doing my third Segway tour. Great fun. Noticed a lot restoration of old colonial homes. Should be called Millionairsport.😁

Stand by for pic.

The colonial homes are really beautiful, and being restored quite faithfully as are the older homes in some other parts of Auckland. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Person taking photo of a city across water.....    Sorry couldn't help it

 

I would guess somewhere in the middle east...

Yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...