Coral Princess

Ginger Pepper Mom

3 hours ago, Ginger Pepper Mom said:

Does anyone know anything about Coral Princess in Winter 2021-22? She is our favorite ship and is not on the calendar from October 2021 and onward. We had reservations on her for South America on December 3, 2020 that was canceled by Princess😔

Likely to be in Australia.

The 2021-22 Australia deployment is expected to be announced soon.

The Coral is our favorite ship also.  We’ve taken an Alaska and a Panama Canal Cruise and we were signed up for the March2021 SouthAmerica/Antarctica cruise, but decided that we wouldn’t be comfortable taking such a long cruise until Covid was well under control.  We will miss her when she moves to the Pacific.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:54 AM, Ginger Pepper Mom said:

Does anyone know anything about Coral Princess in Winter 2021-22? She is our favorite ship and is not on the calendar from October 2021 and onward. We had reservations on her for South America on December 3, 2020 that was canceled by Princess😔

I was speaking with a Princess rep late last week and she told me that Princess is currently only booking sailings on ships that have been outfitted with the full Medallion system in order to maximize contactless capabilities. I had been looking at a Panama Canal transit on the Island, but she said despite it being shown on their website it wasn't available for booking and that the website should be updated in the next 2 or 3 weeks to reflect what is actually available. I suspect that whatever is listed for the Coral through Oct '21 will probably disappear soon.

39 minutes ago, BilgeRat10 said:

I was speaking with a Princess rep late last week and she told me that Princess is currently only booking sailings on ships that have been outfitted with the full Medallion system in order to maximize contactless capabilities. I had been looking at a Panama Canal transit on the Island, but she said despite it being shown on their website it wasn't available for booking and that the website should be updated in the next 2 or 3 weeks to reflect what is actually available. I suspect that whatever is listed for the Coral through Oct '21 will probably disappear soon.

I don't understand why the 3 Australia/New Zealand cruises we had booked are still showing as available to book. They are on Sapphire Princess which doesn't have the Medallion and, as far as I can find out, Australia and New Zealand aren't "open" for cruising. Princess seems to have quite a few cruises available for booking that realistically stand essentially zero chance of ever sailing.

6 hours ago, BilgeRat10 said:

I was speaking with a Princess rep late last week and she told me that Princess is currently only booking sailings on ships that have been outfitted with the full Medallion system in order to maximize contactless capabilities.

At one point Princess said that all ships would have the Medallion experience when ships started sailing again. Soon after that, they changed that to no longer claim all ships would have it.

Princess is still accepting bookings for the Pacific Princess which does not have Medallion technology yet, so the rep's statement is not correct.

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

I don't understand why the 3 Australia/New Zealand cruises we had booked are still showing as available to book. They are on Sapphire Princess which doesn't have the Medallion and, as far as I can find out, Australia and New Zealand aren't "open" for cruising. Princess seems to have quite a few cruises available for booking that realistically stand essentially zero chance of ever sailing.

This is correct and nobody is sure when we may re commence. Some are saying cruising won't start here until our 21/22 summer season, which is Sept/Oct 2021......I hope this isn't the case.