Today was suppose to be the day :(

ryano

348 days ago I booked a cruise to Alaska on Ovation of the Seas. My dream vacation, on a class of ships I had not experienced yet. The "bucket list" trip, if you will. It was finally gonna happen...........until it wasnt. I booked this using a FCC from a cancellation because of hurricane Dorian last year that was booked 472 days out. Today I was suppose to be headed to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport to board Delta flight 430 to Seattle. Tomorrow was embarkation day. To say Im not a little sad and disappointed would be a fib but life is full of disappointments.   Not looking for sympathy, just hopefully others than understand the disappointment  🙂    Non cruisers just dont get it.    Maybe next year?      386 more days to.   It will be over 1400 days since my last cruise IF that one actually happens.

FWIW, this cruise was lifted and shifted to September 10, 2021 back in May.  We are still awaiting over $1000.00 in refunds from Air2Sea.  

• Like 1

I feel your pain. Our group of 8 was supposed to be on the Harmony this week, in the 4 bedroom Villa Suite— with a genie and a hot tub on the balcony! 😩😩

Very difficult to get that cabin as there are only two fleet wide that are Star Class. Oh well, maybe we will try for summer 2022. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

Here's hoping for Alaska 2021, Ryan!  We too have rescheduled a cruise for 2021 in Alaska but we are scheduled for May.  The more things get pushed back, the more I think it is not going to happen.  I hope L&S is extended as I will move this booking until 2022.  

Hope you are doing well.  🙂 

• Like 1

Just wanted to say I empathize with your disappointment (had a land trip to Ireland/Scotland in May I had to cancel). However, my bucket list trip was to Italy last year and as a matter of fact, it was happening a year ago today. All the reminders on social media popping up reminded me that I never finished my review so I popped over to try and type up some posts today and that led me here. If Covid has taught us anything, it's take those trips bc things can happen at any moment....as if we needed another reminder of that. 

I feel your pain.  We chose to cancel on March 9th, and then we had to cancel our two in September.

We didn't book a room as nice as the Genie rooms, but it was still a nice suite.  I'm really missing being out on the water.

But we just booked a GS for next fall.  Went up to a GS so we could avoid that packed dining room.  Here's hoping.

We did get the 35-day Boston - Canada - Iceland - Norway - British Isles and back last year.

Edited by knittinggirl

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I "hear" you....

Hopefully, by September 2021 (when I also have a "covided" cruise) will be safe to cruise again 🌷

Dani is that a make up cruise for your September 2020 Med cruise?  We were supposed to be on that one with you.  So disappointed.

11 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Dani is that a make up cruise for your September 2020 Med cruise?  We were supposed to be on that one with you.  So disappointed.

YES. I has all the highlights for us - Malta, Mykonos, Rhodes, Athena...

We too are very disappointed -- the date was over the Jewish holidays, and our in-laws, who r still working, were supposed to join us since they were "loosing" only 2 days' work.

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

YES. I has all the highlights for us - Malta, Mykonos, Rhodes, Athena...

We too are very disappointed -- the date was over the Jewish holidays, and our in-laws, who r still working, were supposed to join us since they were "loosing" only 2 days' work.

I'll have to look into that one.  Itinerary sounds great.  Hope it all works out this time!

I feel your disappointment. We booked Radiance back in January 2019 that was leaving tomorrow. Shifted to August 2021. Over 900 days but at least had two cruises last year and one in January this year. As long as we have our health though the wait is bearable.

• Like 1

My friend & I were supposed to be sailing out of Baltimore today on Grandeur.  Sigh ...

But we're booked for basically the same cruise next year, on Enchantment.

(And another cruise on HAL in February, with the Misters ... )

Edited by Lady Chew

I feel your pain - we have had 9 canceled so far.  But, at least we can travel - went to Puerto Rico for 5 nights the end of June.  Just got back from Cancun for 7 nights.  9/18 we head to Punta Cana for 11 nights and then 10/18 we head back to Cancun for 11 nights.  So while cruising won't allow us to do what we love the most, at least we can travel so we are happy.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 8:09 AM, ryano said:

348 days ago I booked a cruise to Alaska on Ovation of the Seas. My dream vacation, on a class of ships I had not experienced yet. The "bucket list" trip, if you will. It was finally gonna happen...........until it wasnt. I booked this using a FCC from a cancellation because of hurricane Dorian last year that was booked 472 days out. Today I was suppose to be headed to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport to board Delta flight 430 to Seattle. Tomorrow was embarkation day. To say Im not a little sad and disappointed would be a fib but life is full of disappointments.   Not looking for sympathy, just hopefully others than understand the disappointment  🙂    Non cruisers just dont get it.    Maybe next year?      386 more days to.   It will be over 1400 days since my last cruise IF that one actually happens.

FWIW, this cruise was lifted and shifted to September 10, 2021 back in May.  We are still awaiting over $1000.00 in refunds from Air2Sea.  

I understand the disappointment completely. We were supposed to be on our cruise last week.

But now that we have "disembarked" I am glad that I am not experiencing the post cruise let down. A week goes by so fast on the ship.  Now I am back on the regular timetable of planning and waiting for our next cruise next summer.  

• Like 1

We also were supposed to be on an Alaska cruise right now, Radiance B2B 8/14 and 8/21 to celebrate DH's big milestone birthday.  Cruise was cancelled but did not cancel flight, adding time on rental car. 

Replaced with 2 weeks in cabin in Homer, (here now, enjoying the weather and Halibut fishing).  This was followed by our original two week land tour on our own, crossing the bucket list of visiting the Arctic Circle.  

Down, but not out.  Lemonade was made.  😉 

20200808_154600.jpg

• Like 3

19 hours ago, BettyCruiser said:

We were supposed to fly to Amsterdam today for a Baltics cruise. I hope it happens next year.🤞

Come along with us next week on Serenade.

7 night Baltics out of Copenhagen 

More of a memory than an actual voyage, though.