FCC’s can be extended

Princess just started a policy that allows expiring FCC’s to be extended. I received an email yesterday informing me that my DW and I each have one that is expiring next month. I won’t be booking now so I called Princess to update the credit card info for the refund. The agent informed me that FCC’s can now be extended. She wasn’t sure how long but expected it would be for at least a year.

wondering if the OP is referring to FCD's ( deposits ) , not FCC's ( credits ) from cancelled cruises ?

"refund to credit card" ,  even if part of our FCC , the amount paid toward cruise fare , is refundable , while the bonus double is NON-refundable

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

wondering if the OP is referring to FCD's ( deposits ) , not FCC's ( credits ) from cancelled cruises ?

Exactly what I was thinking.

OP, would you please clarify?

Given the series of pauses that we've seen, I'm hoping that both FCDs and FCCs will both be extended. 

According to Princess website, they will:

Screenshot_20200821-113259_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cf966bdd10014ee49361b12e7be2a35f.jpg

Wondering what the 'sail by' means?? Is it really book by?

20200821_113827.thumb.jpg.d1e0affe4c3053e07a9d6052a109eefb.jpg

That would seem to be more in line with current policy. At any rate I'm having my PVP reallocate them so that the most restrictive (book by 3/31/21 from 03/22/20 cancellation) is on the last cruise instead of the most liberal (sail by  05/01/22 from 03/29/20) 

FWIW: After a higher review regarding Grand Princess 03/07 & 03/22 cruises ineligibility for the Option 1 vs Option 2 reimbursement, the book by 12/31/21 became book by 03/31/21 and reclassified 'bonus.' So yeah, that cruise is the last of the 3 currently booked

Edited by Ombud
1 hour ago, voljeep said:

I am pretty sure you are right and this is referring to extending FCDs; if they expire next month they were not FCCs from the 2020 cancellations.  And if they actually are earlier FCCs expiring...those do not fall under any refundable category I know of.  

FCDs OTOH, fit all that.

FCC or FCD, even Princess calls it both ways. This is what shows when I go into my account on the Princess website. I would say it is little confusing. I blanked out my last name, member # and Credit ID # for obvious reasons.

Theo

238311347_FCDorFCC.jpg.31d3bd601021206f8381e6f9156c6170.jpg

21 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

No, it was just simply the $100 FCC you purchase onboard to be used as deposit on a future cruise.

21 minutes ago, BigGuy25 said:

No, it was just simply the $100 FCC you purchase onboard to be used as deposit on a future cruise.

And you have two years to use them and if you don't you're supposed to get your money back. (I am referring to FCD purchased previous to the mess going on now.)

10 minutes ago, suzyed said:

And you have two years to use them and if you don't you're supposed to get your money back. (I am referring to FCD purchased previous to the mess going on now.)

I'm the OP of this thread and I was answering the question asked by several.  The thread was referring to the $100 FCC you purchase onboard. Our two years on one of them that we have (due to a cruise we cancelled) is expiring next month.  We CAN have a refund if we want it.  But, Princess will also now extend the expiration date if we'd rather keep it!

3 hours ago, BigGuy25 said:

The $100 "you purchase onboard to be used as deposit on a future cruise", is NOT an FCC (Future Cruise Credit). It is an FCD (Future Cruise Deposit).

As Renmar correctly points out, even Princess lists FCDs in the tab with FCCs. It's all confusing enough without Princess exacerbating the problem.  Nevertheless, they remain decidedly different beasts. 

That being said, I certainly hope that Princess extends the expiration dates on both FCCs and FCDs. As the pauses keep piling up, the window to use any of the available forms of credited payments just keeps shrinking. 

8 hours ago, Renmar said:

FCC or FCD, even Princess calls it both ways. This is what shows when I go into my account on the Princess website. I would say it is little confusing. I blanked out my last name, member # and Credit ID # for obvious reasons.

Theo

238311347_FCDorFCC.jpg.31d3bd601021206f8381e6f9156c6170.jpg

I didnt know that these FCC credits had expiration dates.. now its like another argument for me to always choose real money rather than FCC credits. I mean you may never know whether or not you will be able to cruise again (if ever). In any case, I hope you will make it and book a cruise and it will finally be available for you to spend the credits 

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I didnt know that these FCC credits had expiration dates.. now its like another argument for me to always choose real money rather than FCC credits. I mean you may never know whether or not you will be able to cruise again (if ever). In any case, I hope you will make it and book a cruise and it will finally be available for you to spend the credits 

If the FCD expiration date is extended, you can always contact Princess before the new expiration date and request a refund.

8 hours ago, Bgwest said:

The $100 "you purchase onboard to be used as deposit on a future cruise", is NOT an FCC (Future Cruise Credit). It is an FCD (Future Cruise Deposit).

Geez!!! It’s amazing how we can nitpick someone just simply trying to pass on some information.  Yes, after 30+ cruises I realize that it’s for a cruise deposit.  But, here’s where you find it on the Princess website.

52BEDC3F-2907-45D4-A24F-D5C1C995DC24.jpeg

Just to add a further complication (apologies if this has already been referenced ) - we had a FCD applied to a cruise that was cancelled. The FCD had expired by the time the cruise was cancelled but was returned to our Princess account as a FCC. When I enquired if the FCD benefits (obc) still applied, the Princess agent said they did - but there is no evidence to that effect on the account. It’s one to watch.
(How many acronyms can I get into a single post?😂🤣)

6 hours ago, Omega1 said:

Just to add a further complication (apologies if this has already been referenced ) - we had a FCD applied to a cruise that was cancelled. The FCD had expired by the time the cruise was cancelled but was returned to our Princess account as a FCC. When I enquired if the FCD benefits (obc) still applied, the Princess agent said they did - but there is no evidence to that effect on the account. It’s one to watch.

Same happened to me. I did get the original $50 OBC as additional FCC on top of goodwill FCC. 

9 hours ago, BigGuy25 said:

Geez!!! It’s amazing how we can nitpick someone just simply trying to pass on some information.  Yes, after 30+ cruises I realize that it’s for a cruise deposit.  But, here’s where you find it on the Princess website.

I appreciate the heads up.  I knew what you meant, and also understand the difference between FCD and FCC   thanks for the info.

9 hours ago, BigGuy25 said:

I appreciate the heads up.  I knew what you meant, and also understand the difference between FCD and FCC   thanks for the info.

15 hours ago, Omega1 said:

And there will not be. Once you have booked your cruise using that FCC, have your travel agent (or you if you booked directly with Princess) call Princess to get that OBC applied. Princess has said this is the way to do it. Hopefully your TA (or you) will reach someone who understands the situation.

16 hours ago, BigGuy25 said:

Despite your protestations, experienced cruisers like you should be mindful of the misinformation you are conveying to lesser experienced cruisers. Yes, I realize Princess is also guilty of nesting FDCs under the FCC tab. Despite this, you experience folks need to think about setting a good example for others who may not be as on top of this as you apparently are. 

With as many cruises as you claim to have under your belt, failing to correctly convey that oranges are round things that are generally orange in color and apples are generally red in color does a great disservice to those among us who don't claim 30+ cruises. If you "realize that it's for a cruise deposit", then for Pete's sake, say so. 

17 hours ago, Omega1 said:

My FCD was returned to me as a FCC for my cancelled cruise in March. It did not expire until March 2021, but I was told they could not refund it, nor put it back as a FCD and I could not reuse it to book my next cruise. I talked to 2 Princess agents about this. Everyone is not treated the same. No OBC was given either. 

6 hours ago, dog said:

My FCD was returned to me as a FCC for my cancelled cruise in March. It did not expire until March 2021, but I was told they could not refund it, nor put it back as a FCD and I could not reuse it to book my next cruise. I talked to 2 Princess agents about this. Everyone is not treated the same. No OBC was given either. 

Had you picked the refund option or the FCC option for the cancelled cruise?

If you had picked the refund option, they should have restored the FCD.

5 minutes ago, caribill said:

Had you picked the refund option or the FCC option for the cancelled cruise?

If you had picked the refund option, they should have restored the FCD.

I was only allowed the FCC option several attempts Made  by my TA and myself to get refund option.