I tried to log out, but only have the 'log in' function showing on the top right of the screen. Refreshing doesn't change it. I can't log out under my name, either. 
Anyone else having this problem? 

Usually I hear about trouble logging in, but never heard of the problem going in this direction. 

Have you tried clicCapture.thumb.JPG.41629553cee4b8cb9fff0874689e59b3.JPG

When I click that arrow, the final option is "Sign out".

Roy

king the arrow next to your user name in the upper right hand corner of the screen?

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Have you tried clicCapture.thumb.JPG.41629553cee4b8cb9fff0874689e59b3.JPG

When I click that arrow, the final option is "Sign out".

Roy

king the arrow next to your user name in the upper right hand corner of the screen?

That was the second method that didn't work. 

10 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I tried to log out, but only have the 'log in' function showing on the top right of the screen. Refreshing doesn't change it. I can't log out under my name, either. 
Anyone else having this problem? 

Usually I hear about trouble logging in, but never heard of the problem going in this direction. 

Hi Ruth,

Have you tried reducing your zoom feature? Sometimes if I am reading small print, I zoom in 125%.

My upper right shows the word "Logout" and works as expected.  Have you tried logging in again anyway to see if that makes the browser "clear its throat" for this site?  Sometimes stale cookies and cache can interfere with the operation of such functions.

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Hi Ruth,

Have you tried reducing your zoom feature? Sometimes if I am reading small print, I zoom in 125%.

I'll try that, but don't understand why zoom (everything is set for 110%) would have anything to do with it. 

I have had this happen (rarely) before, but doing a refresh has always fixed it. Not this time, though. 
Just wondering if I am the only one this is happening to. 

2 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

My upper right shows the word "Logout" and works as expected.  Have you tried logging in again anyway to see if that makes the browser "clear its throat" for this site?  Sometimes stale cookies and cache can interfere with the operation of such functions.

Clicking on 'log in' does nothing, since I am logged in. I opened a new CC tab, and it also says 'logged in", and the unread posts are bolded, so I know I am logged in on the new tab. 

Strange. 

Ruth, Mine shows the same as yours, but if you try clicking on your user name, the last option on the list should give you a way to sign out.  See if that works for you.  Good Luck.  

14 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Clicking on 'log in' does nothing, since I am logged in. I opened a new CC tab, and it also says 'logged in", and the unread posts are bolded, so I know I am logged in on the new tab. 

Strange. 

Do you have another device you can use to try to logout on?  That might force the current one to cooperate if you close and reopen the browser afterwards.  Otherwise, CC will probably advise you clear the session and site cookies from your browser.

28 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:
45 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Do you have another device you can use to try to logout on? 

No. The laptop is the only thing I have. 
I'll try clearing my cookies (just did it a few days ago) again and see if that works. Thanks for the thought. 

I can put up with it staying logged on (I guess) until tonight, but want to be signed out when I go to bed tonight. 

2 minutes ago, RuthC said:

No. The laptop is the only thing I have. 
I'll try clearing my cookies (just did it a few days ago) again and see if that works. Thanks for the thought. 

I can put up with it staying logged on (I guess) until tonight, but want to be signed out when I go to bed tonight. 

32 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

Do you have another device you can use to try to logout on?  That might force the current one to cooperate if you close and reopen the browser afterwards.  Otherwise, CC will probably advise you clear the session and site cookies from your browser.

I just logged in on my IPAD and no I have a log out button on my laptop.  Don't know if that did the trick or if CC just fixed a problem.

RuthC, do you have a secondary browser you could try.  Maybe if you normally use edge, do you have Chrome or Firefox or even access to Explorer.  That could reset things the same as logging in on a different computer.

Roy

I have been having trouble logging in today, using my PC with Chrome. I'd click on log in and nothing would happen. Or it would let me log in, but then immediately log me out. I just cleared out everything using CCleaner, and restarted the computer. This time it let me log in, but the site is still wonky, as it briefly logged me back out then in again.

Just got back to the computer, and now the log out field is correct. 
Must have been a CC problem, and it's fixed, as I have been away from the computer for a couple of hours. Or, there are gremlins in the house. Invisible gremlins, at that. 

Thanks for the suggestions for next time (hope there is no 'next time'). 

I got locked out today and when I tried to log in I got an error message and not authorized to access Roll Call. I reported issue to CC but in meantime I changed password.

Still did not work. A few minutes ago I was able to log in and I’m back and operating. I’m clueless if this was a personal issue or CC related issue.

Ruth I do hope your problem resolves. Just saw your post glad you now have access.

Edited by aliaschief
3 hours ago, RuthC said:

I'll try that, but don't understand why zoom (everything is set for 110%) would have anything to do with it. 

In some browsers when you are zoomed in the left- right scroll bar doesn't activate and the logout button goes off the screen so you don't have access to the logout button or sign out button

image.thumb.png.cf3b705a52dc2006e877898b7eff722c.png

But is sounds like that isn't the issue.

A-

I think someone was trying to "enhance" the login/logout code.  Normally, I just leave myself logged on.  But this week, there were a few times where I'd go to CC boards (I have a shortcut button) and it would have "login", not "logout".  And, I had no notifications showing.  So, I'd click "login" and it would ask for my login/password.  Once I put that in, my notifications would show up and I could post.  No, I never go near login/logout, so there was definitely a hiccup.