Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Host Hattie

Where in the world ?

Recommended Posts

As the Cunard fleet is stuck rather close to home I thought it would be nice to remember happier times so let's see the ships in port or at anchor & see if we can identify the location.

I'll start off, which ship (easy) & where ?

IMG_20200822_111408.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Trevor33 said:

Jeronimos Monastery Lisbon with the River Tagus in the distance

No, we stopped in Lisbon on the same cruise but this photograph wasn't taken there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

No, we stopped in Lisbon on the same cruise but this photograph wasn't taken there.

But this one was

P1020232.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it Zakinthos? I remember an open square near the beach. It looks like a tender port with the ship in the bavkground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Summergee said:

Is it Zakinthos? I remember an open square near the beach. It looks like a tender port with the ship in the bavkground.

We have a winner, QE2 in Zakinthos in September 2008.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

We have a winner, QE2 in Zakinthos in September 2008.

 

Very near the end. Sob sob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

How about this one ?

IMG_20200822_145257.png

 

My guess is QM2 at Oban, Scotland.

 

It took quite a bit of detective work, but Colin_Cameron's post helped focus my search to Scotland. Then, lo and behold, a google search for "Oban churches" turned up a match for the church in the right of the photo (St Columba's Cathedral).

 

QM2 called at Oban on May 22, 2015, so that's my additional guess as to when the photo was taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an easy one, another in my collection of ship at anchor with guest appearance from a church !

IMG_20200823_091528.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bluemarble said:

 

My guess is QM2 at Oban, Scotland.

 

It took quite a bit of detective work, but Colin_Cameron's post helped focus my search to Scotland. Then, lo and behold, a google search for "Oban churches" turned up a match for the church in the right of the photo (St Columba's Cathedral).

 

QM2 called at Oban on May 22, 2015, so that's my additional guess as to when the photo was taken.

 

I thought it looked familiar,  I was onboard! It was the cruise where all three Queens met up on the river Mersey in Liverpool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

This is an easy one, another in my collection of ship at anchor with guest appearance from a church !

IMG_20200823_091528.png

Looks like Queen Elizabeth below Fira, Santorini. With the Ekklisia Agios Minas at the left and the dome of the Church of St John the Theologian in the foreground. (and the Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral behind you)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, DaisyDancer said:

Does anyone know where this is? 

 

20170715_120824.jpg

Half a point for naming the ship?

 

Looks a bit like Stavanger. But it's 50 years since I was there.

Edited by Colin_Cameron
add text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's Rotterdam. Not far from the beautiful former Holland America headquarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

That was quick, these are obviously far too easy !

 

They are fun! 

 

Thank you for the good idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...