The Daily for Saturday Aug 22, 2020

richwmn

26 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning!  Thank all Rich!

Bought 30 pounds of peaches last week so I am good! 

Some memories from this date, image.thumb.jpeg.f995cd52226817505b712aac26e0565f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.70a3096baf32b37dbdc73205a34ca22b.jpeg

Is the ship docked right at the piazza San Marco?

I have sailed out of Venice from the cruise terminal, but never visited it as a port on my itinerary.

• Like 3

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning/afternoon smile 🙂 

Late to the party today - now that I have most of my kitchen back, I had to pick up some groceries and get a few other errands done.  I tried to be  an angel while waiting for my curb side service 😉  Now, to get the kitchen “put back together”.

Love peaches and happily they are available here so I will be celebrating. 🙂. Love Mickey’s quote.  

@bennybear what a lovely memory that orchid still blooming provides you ❤️ 

@ger_77 can’t blame you for being excited.  I hope you have a fantastic visit!

Looks like this should be orchid day 🙂  Beautiful pics @Crazy For Cats & @Overhead Fred

Prayers to everyone on our Care list.  Hoping everyone can stay safe in the path of the hurricanes.

Have a great Saturday all and stay safe.

• Like 9

36 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Love orchids!  Special memories for my mom and aunt.   An orchid that bloomed for my mom, is still blooming three years after she has gone❤️

EB1A3432-E15C-4A13-B0C1-BA966F459022.jpeg

Love, love, love this one!

• Like 9

Definitely orchid day!  

Good morning all, and thank you Rich and Roy for the daily news and care list!  The su is shining today, after a lot of rain yesterday.  I must go out in the garden to check the plants.  I made a huge batch of ratatouille yesterday with the remaining zucchinis and some of the ripe tomatoes from the courtyard, so I think I now have enough to last the winter.  

I will be looking for peaches.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas Hi sis, this one's for you ❤️

tooth fairy! | Dentist humor, Dentist jokes, Dental humor

Good morning Rich (Thank you!) , Roy, kazu and my sweet sisters Ann and Denise. Thank you for all the contributions you add each day. Roy, this IS the friendliest place on CC, better than Disney! I am praying for all and tonight at Happy Hour will have a worthy celebration toast!

Love Mickey's quote, not the chick peas or the Cabernet. Hoping oysters are in my future today.

Wow is all I can say. Woke at 4 something this morning and we have had unbelievable thunder and lightning with a lot of rain. I sat with my coffee in the dark and watched God's light show. Dawn is just starting to break, so am interested if my flower beds are drowning. So glad I brought in the bird feeders last night. I had just cleaned and refilled them. I saw "chance of rain 20%". So glad I did! Keeping an eye on the radar in case the Farmer's Market opens today. Looks like we may have some hurricanes rain this next week as well.

Have a wonderful weekend all. God Bless you. Wear your mask. Be respectful. Love ya'll!

One Angel Speaks To Another In Heaven Art Print by Zachary Kanin

LOL!! Thanks Joy for my smile this day! 
Late today! Got up early this am so we could do a bike ride! So warm here😞 

84! 

Bought peaches yesterday!

NATIONAL TOOTH FAIRY DAY! When  

Shawn was little she would say to me “mommy your the tooth fairy to everyone”

Once a month I would devote a Friday morning  and with our local church I would do dentistry for ones who really needed dental work and that is how I would give back for free. Always felt good! 
To all this Saturday please enjoy your weekend! My heart goes out to all to stay safe and well!

🌺my sis Ann thanks for the wine info!!

Hope your doing well and Bindi!

🌺🌺Rich again another nice Daily and I for one love the maps always!
🌺HAPPY SATURDAY 

Denise😊

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily and everyone who contributes!

Love fresh peaches and have been known to can a few in my life too.  

45245_1183100274684_6781181_n.jpg

Looks delicious!  Well done 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

NATIONAL TOOTH FAIRY DAY! When  

Shawn was little she would say to me “mommy your the tooth fairy to everyone”

Once a month I would devote a Friday morning  and with our local church I would do dentistry for ones who really needed dental work and that is how I would give back for free. Always felt good! 

@DeeniEncinitas I knew you are the type of person who would open your heart to help with dental work.

You truly are an angel and Fairy Godmother and Tooth Fairy!! Love you Sis! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A couple of late movements.  The Signature sisters have left Durban for Fortaleza, Brazil with an ETA of September 7 or 8.  Gulf Bridge has left Mobile with an ETA for the Amsterdam luggage of August 27.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

A couple of late movements.  The Signature sisters have left Durban for Fortaleza, Brazil with an ETA of September 7 or 8.  Gulf Bridge has left Mobile with an ETA for the Amsterdam luggage of August 27.

Roy

I hope this means they are headed back to the Caribbean.

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Is the ship docked right at the piazza San Marco?

I have sailed out of Venice from the cruise terminal, but never visited it as a port on my itinerary.

It was sailing slowly by to the port.   We were just so surprised to look up and see it sail by! 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I wouldn't hold my breath.

Roy

Of course.

Just read the post regarding Genting.  How everything has changed.  Do you remember posts here discussing the possibility of HAL replacing the Prinsendam with Crystal's Symphony if it became available?  Who would have thought Rotterdam and Amsterdam would be sold out of the fleet and now Crystal's fleet maybe next?

14 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Of course.

Just read the post regarding Genting.  How everything has changed.  Do you remember posts here discussing the possibility of HAL replacing the Prinsendam with Crystal's Symphony if it became available?  Who would have thought Rotterdam and Amsterdam would be sold out of the fleet and now Crystal's fleet maybe next?

I  find it hard to imagine Symphony being accepted as a replacement for the Prinsendam.  While the passenger counts were nearly the same, the Symphony is a lot bigger than Prinsendam and would not be able to replicate many of the places Prinsendam went.  I have no idea what their current status is but I could imagine Phoenix Reisen being interested in the Symphony.  They already have one ex-NYK ship, the Amadea and I think Symphony would fit their style quite well.

Roy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I  find it hard to imagine Symphony being accepted as a replacement for the Prinsendam.  While the passenger counts were nearly the same, the Symphony is a lot bigger than Prinsendam and would not be able to replicate many of the places Prinsendam went.  I have no idea what their current status is but I could imagine Phoenix Reisen being interested in the Symphony.  They already have one ex-NYK ship, the Amadea and I think Symphony would fit their style quite well.

Roy

Yes, agreed.

Well, when one door closes, another opens.   There are some exceptional opportunities for those who have the resources and the insight.  

• Like 1

Thank you Rich for this Daily, and to all who contribute and make it a place for two things this world can always use more of....namely, sharing and caring. We extend our prayers to those on the care list, and our thanks and cheers to those being celebrated.

We are dedicated lurkers to this thread, and so enjoy the pictures and memories. Today is the anniversary of our flight to Fairbanks for our first trip and first cruise, a 13 day triple Denali Noordam cruisetour to celebrate Lori's retirement. We thought we'd share our first look at a braided river.

2037935905_BraidedRiver.thumb.jpg.8aeb52df333b0d40e580fd120a8ba704.jpg

Lori & George

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1