The Daily for Sunday Aug 23, 2020

richwmn

37 minutes ago, Marmot@Sea said:

Good Afternoon,

Another long time lurker here, saying thank you to everyone who contributes and makes the day that much brighter.

Val

218060_1962412385195_4709646_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=X3qMmOQ_atEAX9Lrhg5&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=5284423fa814b9def4721749d221d771&oe=5F678EA0

Beautiful 😄

Nice to see you posting.  Welcome to the Daily 🙂 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, kazu said:

I might be missing the boat,  but wasn’t it daffodil day the other day?  I might be having a senior moment 😉 

Jacqui those were the early blooming variety. Today’s honorees are the late blooming variety. 😷

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Marmot@Sea said:

Good Afternoon,

Another long time lurker here, saying thank you to everyone who contributes and makes the day that much brighter.

Val

218060_1962412385195_4709646_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=cdbe9c&_nc_ohc=X3qMmOQ_atEAX9Lrhg5&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr4-1.fna&oh=5284423fa814b9def4721749d221d771&oe=5F678EA0

Val, Welcome to our favorite CC post. Thank you for your beautiful picture as well.

Joy

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Roy - my DH spent some time at the hospital yesterday for back pain (spinal stenosis) and will be out of action for a while!  Also Mrs. Sailingdutchy, in Ontario, who fell off a ladder (!!) and ended up the hospital with an injured back.  So everybody, take care, these things come in threes!!

Prayers winging their way! 

• Like 4

Just now, summer slope said:

It is with a sad heart that we were just told my neighbor died today of Covid-19.  The family says thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.😢

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, summer slope said:

It is with a sad heart that we were just told my neighbor died today of Covid-19.  The family says thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.😢

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this 😞 😥😪❤️

Our hearts go out to your neighbour, their family and you ❤️

Heartbeaking 💔

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, summer slope said:

It is with a sad heart that we were just told my neighbor died today of Covid-19.  The family says thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry to hear this - may God bless her and all those whose lives she touched.

Smooth Sailing.

Gerry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, summer slope said:

I am so sorry to hear this. Hope that great memories help ease the pain of your neighbor’s passing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

So sorry to read of another loss to COVID. This is just such a devastating curse In our current world.

Many thanks, Rich for your devotion to keeping alive the most positive place for all posters and lurkers.  And the pictures today are wonderful!  Thanks to all.

@cruisingalong, might want to re-think your RMNP visit.  Entire state is smoke filled and under air quality alerts.  Our fires aren’t going to be out soon and we are also getting California smoke.  Also it’s timed entry passes into RMNP.  Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Continuing prayers for all in need.  Also, Enjoy all festive occasions for today.  Stay safe, wear your masks, and have a good.

Edited by cruzn single
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

I have been having a hard time getting on to CC today.  But good morning all, and thank you Rich and Roy.  I have a couple to add to the Care List,, Roy - my DH spent some time at the hospital yesterday for back pain (spinal stenosis) and will be out of action for a while!  Also Mrs. Sailingdutchy, in Ontario, who fell off a ladder (!!) and ended up the hospital with an injured back.  So everybody, take care, these things come in threes!!

Welcome to all the newcomers to The Daily, this is turning into a very popular thread.😄

Thank you very much for that Ann @VictOriann .  Martha and I are also wishing you a Happy Birthday , our very best wishes !  

We also hope that Pat will feel better soon .

Martha was extremely lucky she had no broken bones falling at least six feet but she is very very sore right now .

Thanks Jacqui for your good wishes .

Tony 

Edited by sailingdutchy
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Maybe make it a 21-day B2B2B with a continuing to a 14-day round trip to Montreal.  I think the days when HAL ships will be able to get to Montreal are numbered.

Roy

I’d enjoy doing this as a 21 day itinerary.  Regrettably both of our employers frown on us being out of the office longer than 14 days.  So we have a B2B booked out of Boston in May and then the 7 day in August.  Both are on Zaandam.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

So sorry to hear this.  I will be praying for her and her family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I am so sorry to hear this.   Warm thoughts and virtual hugs to the family.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Oh Summer I am so saddened by the loss of your neighbor! May the family be able to come together and support each other during this sad time!

Ve con Dios  
(Go with  God)

Denise😞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, richwmn said:

Also, the "Ride the Wind" reference is to Hot Air Balloons, but everyone can take it to mean anything they wish.

I'm so excited to see this.   We took a hot air balloon ride last September in Letchworth State Park in New York.  I admit I was nervous at first, but it was wonderful!   If you've ever seen the show Arial America, it is kind of like that.   

bob 9.JPG

bob 8.JPG

bob 6.JPG

bob 7.JPG

bob 4.JPG

bob 2.JPG

• Like 8

Thanks Rich and all the daily family. Smoke here so thick you cough going outside. I pray for all of those closer to the fires. Having been on wildfires as both a firefighter and a paramedic I know how bad they can get. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2