Holland America,18 day Yukon/Triple Denali?

It was AMAZING!  our first land plus cruise... after lots of reading we did land first and glad we did it that way... we also did the last cruise of the season on purpose as my husband wanted a chance to see the Northern Lights... we were able yo see them in Dawson as well as Fairbanks.  HAL did a amazing job with all us.. we had two bus loads each with their our land tour guide who traveled with us.  They really looked out for us as we went.  We did a combination of Hal excursions and some we booked our own after lots of reading... and some we just winged it... in general you want to book things beforehand as excursions did sell out.  

Weather was getting cold and we had some rain... so you gotta pack in layers.  We did do laundry in Denali. Plus once we got on the ship we sent things out as we had free laundry with our cabin... 

on food we did not prebuy for the land... mainly as we didn’t want to be locked into the hotels although we did ate at some of the places.. yes food is expensive but we did better paying as we went.  I did use some of my luggage space to pack with my husbands favorite chocolate bars and other snack stuff as we are munchers. Our bus had water for us and occasional a snack item... a couple of meals are included in the land portion and they are listed on your documentation. As we decided to splurge we booked a aft Neptune suite which was fabulous!

i would so do this trip again!!!!!!